FC w/328p - OSD + Telemetry possible?

ardufriki

FC w/328p - OSD + Telemetry possible?

Post by ardufriki »

Hi,

I can see in the code that only one serial port is used with 328p based flying controlers (mine is a CRIUS SE).

I can use minimOSD and bluetooth, but not both at the same time.

I would like to play with telemetry now, but not losing my minimOSD data. Is is possible or have I to upgrade to Atmel 2560 card (more serial ports)? Or NAZE32?

Thanks in advance...

PatrikE

Re: FC w/328p - OSD + Telemetry possible?

Post by PatrikE »

You can connect Telemetry and OSD in parallel.
But only have TX from Telemetry connected when you use both. (OSD will listen to the Telemetry stream)
For OSD standalone you must connect TX from OSD..

ardufriki

Post by ardufriki »

PatrikE, thx for your quick answer.

So...If I understood correctly: the telemetry system uses MSP protocol to comunicate with the FC, asking for many data. Then the OSD is "sniffing" just the data it needs. Right?

So I dont have to configure mi minimOSD for this, just disconnect the TX line of OSD.

Any issues in OSD with lower serial speed configuration ? (because I suspect I will have to lower baudrate for the serial port).

NOTE: I was thinking in a simple telemetry serial "passthrough" with my openlrsng modules, connecting a PC with FTDI 3V3 and MultiWii GUI (just for testing) and later a Bluetooth/serial module and have the telemetry data in my tablet with EZGUI or something similar. Is this an adecuate configuration or is necesary to buy another modules to do this?.

Thanks in advance.

ardufriki

Post by ardufriki »

Old post, but autoanswer: Since there are not many ports available in 328p cards, the telemetry should be shared between OSD and the telemetry system (openlrsng RX in my case). In this case we can only use MSP protocol.

Not good for er9x or openTX users, since there are not versions available with MSP for 9x/9xr transmitters.

But I think EZGUI can be used as ground station. That is great !