multiwii software on aeroquad shield

rocketray

multiwii software on aeroquad shield

Post by rocketray »

Hi, :)

I have a quad built using a mega 2560 and an aeroquad shield https://www.aeroquadstore.com/ProductDe ... de=AQ2-000
it uses a ITG-3200 3 axis gyro a BMA180 acc and a BMP085 barometer.
motors KDA 20 28 1050 kv at 550 mm motor to motor
Hobbywing pentium 18 amp ESC
10x3.8 APC props
Firmware Aeroquad v2.1

After a lot of messing around getting the sofware and configerator sorted i finally got it up and running but i have never been happy with it, i have 4 multicopters and it gets the least use because it just never feels right!
so as i already have a Multiwii Tri i would like to use Alex's multiwii Firmware as it now supports the Mega and the sensors i have fitted:
multiwii 1.6 pde loads but i have a small querie: should i enable the internal I2C pullups or leave them as default(disabled) the shield has a voltage level converter so i would have thought that it doesn't make any difference.
I am tempted to just try it default and see what happens. But i would like to do it right and not damage any sensors as its the 2nd most expensive board i have and i dont have the funds if anything drastic goes wrong.

Thanks
Ray :D

Alexinparis

Re: multiwii software on aeroquad shield

Post by Alexinparis »

Hi,

If you have a LLC, I think you should enable the pullups. Otherwise it won't work.
About the compatibility, the shield PIN compatibility is ok, but:
- the sensor orientation is probably different
- the I2C address of the ITG3200 is different

=> you will probably have to adapt some signs in the code.

rocketray

Post by rocketray »

Hi Alex,
Thanks! it was a good idea that will have to wait until i know a lot more, but at least i know now, and i didn't damage anything.

Ray

flye

Post by flye »

rocketray wrote:Hi, :)

I have a quad built using a mega 2560 and an aeroquad shield https://www.aeroquadstore.com/ProductDe ... de=AQ2-000
it uses a ITG-3200 3 axis gyro a BMA180 acc and a BMP085 barometer.
motors KDA 20 28 1050 kv at 550 mm motor to motor
Hobbywing pentium 18 amp ESC
10x3.8 APC props
Firmware Aeroquad v2.1

After a lot of messing around getting the sofware and configerator sorted i finally got it up and running but i have never been happy with it, i have 4 multicopters and it gets the least use because it just never feels right!
so as i already have a Multiwii Tri i would like to use Alex's multiwii Firmware as it now supports the Mega and the sensors i have fitted:
multiwii 1.6 pde loads but i have a small querie: should i enable the internal I2C pullups or leave them as default(disabled) the shield has a voltage level converter so i would have thought that it doesn't make any difference.
I am tempted to just try it default and see what happens. But i would like to do it right and not damage any sensors as its the 2nd most expensive board i have and i dont have the funds if anything drastic goes wrong.

Thanks
Ray :D

Hi Ray have you been able to make it work?

miniquad

Post by miniquad »

Hi Flye, I am running MultiWii on my aeroquad hardware. The latest code has support for BMA180 accel, ITG3200 gyro etc. All you need to do is uncomment the defines for the sensors you have and change the ITG3200 gyro address from D0 to D2 and switch ROLL and PITCH values for all the sensors you are using if you do not want to rotate your sesnors to match the orientation of MultiWii default.

flye

Post by flye »

miniquad wrote:Hi Flye, I am running MultiWii on my aeroquad hardware. The latest code has support for BMA180 accel, ITG3200 gyro etc. All you need to do is uncomment the defines for the sensors you have and change the ITG3200 gyro address from D0 to D2 and switch ROLL and PITCH values for all the sensors you are using if you do not want to rotate your sesnors to match the orientation of MultiWii default.

Thanks,so I could be able to use my aeroquad shield with wm+ to replace itg 3200 who became defective........