UNABLE TO ARM multiwii CRIUS SE v2.5

mamartyacse1

UNABLE TO ARM multiwii CRIUS SE v2.5

Post by mamartyacse1 »

Hi
Friends.... I am trying to build a quad using Multiwii Crius SE v. 2.5 http://www.quadkopters.com/product/criu ... usb-cable/

I have downloaded firmware MultiWii release 2.3 from http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list . I am using Turnigy 9x8cv2 receiver (2.4ghz) .
In firmware the IMU version I have select is #define CRIUS_SE_v2_0 in config.h ( no any directives for crius 2.5) my quad is X configuration. The problem is that I just unable to arm the quad .My TX is set in mode2 and I am using the arming stick configuration given in multiwii manual http://www.robson.fr/wp-content/uploads ... -22-12.pdf . from a discussion written in this blog I have also change the MINCHECK and MAXCHECK values written in the multiwii.h (Typically in my case MINCHECK=1050 minthrottle value and MAXCHECK=1880 for max yaw value). The board is still not arming...... Can any body give me any suggestion or advice how to arm this board........ please help me to arm this :!: :cry: :!:

VirtualEnder

Re: UNABLE TO ARM multiwii CRIUS SE v2.5

Post by VirtualEnder »

Plug in to the USB and load up the configuration GUI and see what values are actually getting received by MultiWii for each channel. Make sure your channels match with what MultiWii is expecting. Make sure there are no check boxes in the ARM section of your AUX settings, and make sure all channels but your throttle channel are at approx 1500. Throttle should be at your minimum level, whatever that is set to in your configuration. Also keep in mind some ESCs require a minimum level of 900 to be armed. Hopefully one of those things fixes your issue!

gsantos_pt

Post by gsantos_pt »

Probably it's the endpoint of you Throttle Stick. On your radio increase the endpoint of minimum throttle. That happened to me and this solved the problem.

mamartyacse1

Post by mamartyacse1 »

Can you plz tell me what is the minimum throttle value and what is the maximum yaw value for your radio that shown in multiwii GUI? My minimum throttle value is 1050 and Maximum yaw value is 1886 . is this value is not enough to arm multiwii SE2.5 ? If not What should be the exact values (for throttle and yaw) in TX? MY TX is FLYSKY TH-9x.please help me to find out.

waltr

Post by waltr »

The default values for all channels is 1000 min and 2000 max. These are the recommended endpoints.
Then for stick commands (Arm, Acc trimming, etc) in the MultiWii code (file MultiWii.h) the defaults to detect these stick setting are:
#define MINCHECK 1100
#define MAXCHECK 1900

You should first adjust the transmitter setup to try for the 1000 to 2000 on all channels as shown in the mutliwii config. If you can not (I couldn't on a FlySky T6) then change the #defines to be within the min/max endpoints by 100. Since your min throttle is 1050 and max Yaw is 1886, set these to:
#define MINCHECK 1150
#define MAXCHECK 1780
Just remember that these #defines are global and are in effect for all sticks.
You should be able to adjust the transmitter to get 1000 to 2000.

mamartyacse1

Post by mamartyacse1 »

thnx to all for advices :) ... finally ARM it .... It was my big fault.... the FC board was not levelled Properly. Finally I levelled it. #define MAXCHECK and #define MINCHECK is working fine now. I Detect My Fault from the directive
#define ONLYARMWHENFLAT //prevent the copter from arming when the copter is tilted . This declaration prevent my quad to ARM as it was not levelled properly. if we comment this the quad will arm easily but it might be dengerous sometime......

waltr

Post by waltr »

Ok, good find.
I have ONLYARMWHENFLAT defined on my quad and the motors do arm if the quad is tilted a few degrees, sitting on battery with two arms on the ground. If I tilt the quad a lot more then it will not arm. I've looked at the code but do not see what tilt angle disables arming.