Recommendation for board

sorenkuula

Recommendation for board

Post by sorenkuula »

Hi,
I have developed a tilting wing VTOL airplane from MultiWii. Thanks a lot for the great project, it was very easy to understand how the code worked, and it was easy to modify too.
I used an ancient AeroQuad shield on an Arduino Mega2560 that I had lying around. It worked great, and I almost was ready for the first test flight. Then accidentally a two power connectors slipped and made contact, and now that HW is pretty much fried. Even after repairs (almost all sensors replaced) it will not always work. I don't want to use more time with that wrecked stuff...

Question: What sort of board would you recommend for the requirements:
- MEGA2560 controller
- Gyro, acc.meter
- Must connect to 3 motors and 5-6 servos, motors preferably as high refresh rate motors and not as servos
- GPS and compass not a must but if included in the buy I will just take them
- SPI should be possible to connect without too much trouble
- PPM receiver. Multiple PWM rx signal capability not needed

I have looked at Crius and HK's MW Mega boards but I cannot find information about which PWM outputs are from which timers. And with all 2-3 outputs of each AVR timer being either motor or servo, maybe there is no way to connect my unusual setup.

Regards
Soren

tovrin

Re: Recommendation for board

Post by tovrin »

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/flight ... ption.html

this is a good atmega 2560 board.

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/flight ... 2-249.html

this is a 32 bit STM32 version using Timecop's baseflight software (my next board will be this one)

Hamburger

Re: Recommendation for board

Post by Hamburger »

Mega boards support hw pwm for servos. You can tune freq up to 330Hz I think.
I wrote a review for a mega board in the boards section by name of diymage or diymega.