help picking a board!!!

cub man

help picking a board!!!

Post by cub man »

Looking for a controller. I see all the different multiwii boards as in pro mega se and so on. What i'm looking for is the beast and cheap setup that will get me in the air and allow me to program in waypoints

sorg

Re: help picking a board!!!

Post by sorg »

cub man wrote:Looking for a controller. I see all the different multiwii boards as in pro mega se and so on. What i'm looking for is the beast and cheap setup that will get me in the air itallow me to program in waypoints

Do not use Multiwii then... Waypoint are not available yet.

Otherwise the crius AIOP is a good compromise functionnality and price.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

sorg wrote:Otherwise the crius AIOP is a good compromise functionnality and price.

Besides it's compatible with MegaPirateNG while you wait for Waypoint nav in MWii.
And you can test different projects and feel the difference.
I like MWii better!...;)

clough42

Post by clough42 »

I'm using the Crius AIOP as well. You can get it in a package with GPS and a telemetry radio for a decent price.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

how does that compare to this?

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/flight ... ption.html

seems very much the same and a touch cheaper, unless i am missing something.

NikTheGreek

Post by NikTheGreek »

tovrin wrote:how does that compare to this?

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/flight ... ption.html

seems very much the same and a touch cheaper, unless i am missing something.

The problem with this board is that they extra charge for each additional item(pins - plugs..etc..)

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

ok, so with the added header pins and spectrum plug soldered in place its another $5 (didnt include the gps, rgb ring or telemtry) which is still less then the onsale price of the crius at rctimer and this company is local to the states (if that means anything to anyone here)

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

tovrin wrote:ok, so with the added header pins and spectrum plug soldered in place its another $5 (didnt include the gps, rgb ring or telemtry) which is still less then the onsale price of the crius at rctimer and this company is local to the states (if that means anything to anyone here)

Don't be afraid to get that Mega board from ReadyToFlyQuads.com
You could save a couple bucks and get the Mega2.0 board: http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/flight ... oller.html
its the same hardware except you don't have access to every I/O pin like the 3.0 board, or the fancy connectors.

If you order it on a Monday you will have it before the end of the week. Instead of RCTimer which you could be waiting 30+ days to see your order. Also in the rare case you get a bad board you can rest assured he will get you taken care of. Try returning a bad board to RCTimer :roll: