Holybro HK 328P Uploading Errors

jgarnham47

Holybro HK 328P Uploading Errors

Post by jgarnham47 »

Just received a new board from HK today and I can't get it to upload new code. I am using 1.0.1 of the compiler and R1240 code (also tried 2.1). I constantly get standard "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" errors.

I have been using a Paris V3 board for a year, probably programmed it 50 times without any problems using separate FTDI board, this integrated one just does not want to play ball.

Probably not relevant but I have a 3 cell lipo into 5V UBEC, into a 9 channel orange receiver into the MW board. With or without external power, it just won't flash.

Any advice or tips to help me through this please?

John

jgarnham47

Re: Holybro HK 328P Uploading Errors

Post by jgarnham47 »

Sorry people, eventually found the solution to the problem ... there appears to be an issue connecting anything to Aux2 (1, 3 and 4 are okay) and because I automatically connected a 9 channel receiver it prevented programming. Having worked that out, I found this thread on RC groups, which I will tag here for anybody reading this in the future. Next issue Crius OLED reset problem ...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1758702

spagoziak

Re: Holybro HK 328P Uploading Errors

Post by spagoziak »

I had the same issue, but with the Crius Lite board.

Your solution plus a bit extra solved it for me, too. In addition to removing the AUX2 connection to the receiver, I had to disconnect power to the receiver and my attached UART bluetooth module altogether. Once it was just the board all on its own, things worked perfectly. I also had the 'arduino pro or pro mini 5V, 16Mhz with Atmega328p' selected for my board option in Arduino 1.0.1 and I chose the USBasp for my programmer.