How do I change GPS Baud in MWC FW?

nebstress

How do I change GPS Baud in MWC FW?

Post by nebstress »

I am new to MultiWii & even newer to GPS, I am loving MultiWii but have a problem with GPS.

I can change the Baud to 115200bps in u-center & get it working but the next day or even sooner the Baud resets & needs changing again, this is very frustrating & I would like the settings to be permanently.

I have spent days searching for an answer to this problem but have only found a few mentions about needing to install a special firmware with the right settings as default but I have no idea about this or how to do it.

I have the new CRIUS AIO Pro & am using the "MultiWii MWC FC CN-06 GPS Receiver" from RCTimer http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=763&productname= It has a "u-blox NEO-6M-0-001".

Please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

[EDIT]

I have found out that you can't flash new firmware to the u-blox NEO-6M (not without a hardware mod).

Would it be possible to change the Baud rate in the MultiWii firmware to suit my GPS module which is 9'600bps?

If so please can anyone explain how I would do this or even better put up the code & where it goes so that it could be copy & pasted straight into the Sketch.

(I am not the only one with this issue so any help would benefit others to).
Last edited by nebstress on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pyrofer

Re: Please help, GPS Baud reset problem

Post by Pyrofer »

I reflashed my one with a FW image pre-set to 10hz 115200bps.

If you search the forums you will find this is all already answered! Good luck.

brettwal

Re: Please help, GPS Baud reset problem

Post by brettwal »

Pyrofer wrote:I reflashed my one with a FW image pre-set to 10hz 115200bps.

If you search the forums you will find this is all already answered! Good luck.

Care to link to this FW?