Clone Wii Sensors, or original?

awesomesquared

Clone Wii Sensors, or original?

Post by awesomesquared »

Is it recommended to go for the Wii clones for a lower price, or to opt for the original wii components?

Are there any known, reliable Wii MP clones available. (my first time working with these, so it would be nice if it matched up with the instructions exactly.)

EDIT: Also, Is it preferred to use other sensors besides wii sensors? If so, which ones?

bill516

Re: Clone Wii Sensors, or original?

Post by bill516 »

The answer to to two your questions is luck. You may but a Wii clone that works well or not at all you have to buy one and see. The same thing goes for sensor some are good and cheap some are rubbish and expensive. The only thing I have come across to stay clear of are the L3G4200D gyros fitted to some IMU's, although I have one of those gyros and I dont find it a problem.

Finding items that come with instructions that are fool proof is almost nil, but there is a wealth of knowledge on this site you only need to ask. Before you do that read the pages on the home page on Connecting Elements, Software, FAQ's and the links that are given, then if you dont understand something, which will be more than likely, someone will be able to put you right. Reading those pages and understanding them will help you build a copter and set it up and fly it, not understanding them will mean you spend hours and money trying to fly something that wont.

A common mistake of noobs to multicopters is reading about stable mode and thinking it is the magic solution to flying copters, it isnt until you have set it up properly. There are many threads on getting started about the porblems people have faced and most of them come down to not setting things up and trying to jump in to step two before doing step one.

awesomesquared

Post by awesomesquared »

Thanks so much. I will definitely be returning here for all my questions in the future. This is a great community.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

I have been testing a few original and clones.
Both WMP and NB's.
Everyone have worked for me.

But i have come to a conclution....
Get a all in one controller or a sensorBoard instead!..
Ex Crius SE from GBL for 54$ included FTDI.
Or one of the simpler.
There's several FC's and sensorBoards supported in the project.

The performance is good and you don't have to Rip yor Wii controllers apart.
Besides that the most problems i have had is because of the soldering between the components.

You will eleminate a lot of possible errors and wrong connections.

And a big Plus is that it easier to mount ont the frame.

/Patrik

ps...
I actually LOVE DYU But sometimes it's better to buy things... :shock:

capt

Post by capt »

Stay away from WII clones and for that matter just stay away from WII components altogether as they have been superseded by low cost all in one IMU's. Grab one of the low cost IMU's for the same price or less.

Pyrofer

Post by Pyrofer »

I just ordered this,

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_ ... oductname=

Looks like a winner to me.