Nano Brushed Board!

forsakenrider

Nano Brushed Board!

Post by forsakenrider »

So I'm all about small. And with the new ARF micro copters from china coming out thats given us more choice for props and motors. SO I want a multiwii compatible brushed controller! I was given a schematic and layout to start with and I've been learning eagle and working my way through it so I can get some boards made. I found a place to make the boards on 0.6mm or 0.8mm PCB for what seems like a decent price. The boards will be 30mm X 30mm and feature the gyro and logic convertor.

Anyway, I've run into a few hiccups with Eagle I can't over come. A few Drill size errors when I run the DRC with the settings from the board manufacturer. If anyone could help me fix these errors and give me some pointers that would be really awesome!

I've added the a print screen, the Eagle files and the rules from the board house.

WiiDW.rar
Eagle Files
(50.59 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
Attachments
WiiDw.jpg
Last edited by forsakenrider on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pyrofer

Re: Nano Brushed Board NEED HELP!

Post by Pyrofer »

Why not make the arms part of the PCB like others do? Or can you not shape the PCB ?

ronco

Post by ronco »

Hi,

i just checked it .. and you had some overlapping vias with a wrong drill size .. its fixed now .. you had also many errors because of having things inside of the keep out area of the capacitor's and resistors, i resized some footprints of it to 0403 you can solder 0604 on it without problems :)

maybe you want to re sort things a little ;)

now there are just some stop mask errors but as far as i know you can ignore them.

regards felix
Attachments
Wiikopter mit MPU6050_Brush.zip
(57.46 KiB) Downloaded 479 times

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Hi,

I made a quick hack on the 0606 dev version to support a brushed quad for Ulix.
He uses nano quad elements of the ladybird with an home made multiwii board including MPU6050 + 4x brushed ESC.
(elements can be found here: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/index.php?ta ... rd&x=0&y=0)
You can see the results here: nice !
http://vimeo.com/user12042062

dialfonzo

Post by dialfonzo »

Wow.. nice board.. ;)

forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

Thanks guys!! This is my first attempt with eagle, and I must admit I did not do it all. The vias with drill sizes were there when I got the partly finished board and I couldnt figure out how to remove them. I had solved all the other errors and changed a few components one ones easy to get.

What about the i2c lines, are they too long with the gyro on the opposite side of the board?

Am I right thinking that the MPU6050 can be replaced with an ITG3205 without changes?

forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

Alexinparis wrote:Hi,

I made a quick hack on the 0606 dev version to support a brushed quad for Ulix.
He uses nano quad elements of the ladybird with an home made multiwii board including MPU6050 + 4x brushed ESC.
(elements can be found here: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/index.php?ta ... rd&x=0&y=0)
You can see the results here: nice !
http://vimeo.com/user12042062

I am using the ladybird props, motors, and frame right now with my hack quad. its running 1.9 code with the output file fixed for the Mosfets. I couldnt figure out how to change it in the 2.0+ code because the output file is quite a bit different.

forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

I've revised the PCB and sent it off to get made. I wonder how long it will take and how it will turn out!!

forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

Also thinking ahead. How would I go about reading the MPU-6050 with MWC1.9 or how could i configure 2.0+ to use fets instead of esc?

dialfonzo

Post by dialfonzo »

Let us know.. ;)

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Hi,

For the quick mod, the can replace this Output.ino in the 0606dev version.
So that you can have the last MPU6050 settings for the brushed version
Ulix is flying this mod on its modify ladybird.
Attachments
Output.zip
(9.25 KiB) Downloaded 443 times

forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

Thank you alexinparis!

forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

I received my boards! and they look AWESOME!

I dont know if they will work. So far on my first attempt I am having a few problems. But I think it may be due to the alcohol used to clean the board not being dry yet.

ANYWAY,
if anyone would like a board and has the parts and skills to assemble it I will gladly send you one free of charge (just the PCB) while supplied last. Let me know!

forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

If anyone is following this I can confirm it works! well with the itg-3205. I have not received my mpu6050 yet.

One thing I didnt realize when making the board layout and schematic was that ADO (pin 9) on the ITG-3205 has to be connected to ground. Is this the same for the MPU-6050?

dialfonzo

Post by dialfonzo »

I am following but don't know for the MPU
Put some pictures.. ;)

forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

Heres the pictures. I forgot one resistor on my order! doh.

Just waiting for an RX with ppm output for flight test. Dang ASSAN rx's are out of stock at HK

t'une que tu ne pas besoin dial? :D
Attachments
009.jpg
007.jpg

dialfonzo

Post by dialfonzo »

Très beau.. ;)
Faudrais que je regarde si j'en ai un autre qui traine. J'en ai un sur mon MicroQuad.

forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

laisse-moi savoir

forsakenrider

Re: Nano Brushed Board!

Post by forsakenrider »

Lucky me my deltang RX was in the mail today! PPM out and 0.65g, can't complain about that!

quad is flying GREAT!!!! I cant wait to get the MPU6050 for the next board! that is going to be fun. So far its the same as my old ratsnest version but this one is MUCH more responsive with the exact same settings. This is great!

So, any chance a "define brushed" could be added to the code? I'm still using the Dev 0606 code you uploaded for me Alexinparis.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Hi,

So, any chance a "define brushed" could be added to the code? I'm still using the Dev 0606 code you uploaded for me Alexinparis.

In fact, it's already included.
you just have to un comment //#define EXT_MOTOR_RANGE
it works very well for brushed motors

antslake

Post by antslake »

If anyone is still reading this or interested, the hobby king pocket quad has had some interesting versions of multiwii made for it by some members of RC groups and here, which should work great with this board.

oxygen

Post by oxygen »

I still have to decide what I want to do for the autumn and winter : this quad or the pocket quad from HK...
somebody with a good advise?

forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

Hey Antslake,
Actually, the pocket code isnt for this board. This board uses the atmega328 which doesnt have the same resolution as the 32u4. I plan on designing a new smaller board soon though. I would like to find an RX/TX system I could integrate that would make everyone happy though.....

Mitch_781

Post by Mitch_781 »

Hello,

Interesting topic, I ordered a multiwii board 2.5 to build a mid size tricopter, now I have only a v959 to learn how to fly.

I was just wondering if it was possible to put a multiwii on a V959 or similar. I fly it with flysky module.

I found a module on HK that can be used and is built in transitor for brushed motor till 2a (great) but it is dsm2 and I don't want to buy a new module dsm2 + new multiwii board.

My proposal :
I think by software it could be quite easy for someone who know c programming to modify pwm output of multiwii in a pwm signal that would go directly to a transistor or a FET to go to brushed motor directly , so with only 4 transistors of fet we could use the board on nano quad ?