ICP input of PWM sum signal

Cesco1

ICP input of PWM sum signal

Post by Cesco1 »

Hi, i am new with multiwii.

My KK boards does fly with the CPPM signal (sum signal) from the frsky receiver. Input is the ICP pin, self-programmed in assembler. ICP has the advantage that time measurement is done in hardware.

Now i would like to do the same with my Crius-SE board, but first with my arduino mega + motionplus + nunchunk. As input i would like the pins 48 or 49, means icp4 or icp5, PL0 or PL1 instead of pin19, PD2. I would also like to connect the interrupt routine to ICP4 or ICP5 instead of int2. I have NO IDEA how to do this in multiwii.

I have done the icp-stuff in C already for the 168 processor, but multiwii is very hard to read because of the multiple configuration options. Any help ?

btw:
- why did i have to swap acc orientation in Z and roll ?
- why is yaw-gyro not influencing the copter orientation in multiwii-conf ?

PatrikE

Re: ICP input of PWM sum signal

Post by PatrikE »

The last one can answer.
The model in the Gui will only rotate if a Magnometer is present.
It's shows the heading data from the compass.

And Z & Roll orientation.
I would guess that you mounted the Acc upside down.

/Patrik

noobee

Post by noobee »

Cesco1 wrote:Hi, i am new with multiwii.

My KK boards does fly with the CPPM signal (sum signal) from the frsky receiver. Input is the ICP pin, self-programmed in assembler. ICP has the advantage that time measurement is done in hardware.

Now i would like to do the same with my Crius-SE board, but first with my arduino mega + motionplus + nunchunk. As input i would like the pins 48 or 49, means icp4 or icp5, PL0 or PL1 instead of pin19, PD2. I would also like to connect the interrupt routine to ICP4 or ICP5 instead of int2. I have NO IDEA how to do this in multiwii.

I have done the icp-stuff in C already for the 168 processor, but multiwii is very hard to read because of the multiple configuration options. Any help ?

btw:

i have the crius se board as well.
- have you tried enabling SERIAL_SUM_PPM in the code, and connect the rx output to the THR input. can you try to see if it works?
- what type of frsky rx do you have? i have the df4r-ii (which can output > 4 channels in cppm mode) but i find that my crius se glitches when i used the frsky. previously, i used the flysky 6ch (also cppm out) with no problems.

thanks.

ronco

Post by ronco »

Cesco1 wrote:Hi, i am new with multiwii.

btw:

Hi,

did you looked at one of the current dev versions or mwc 2.0? in the dev versions the rx code was sorted and cleaned ;)

i dont know if PD4 (ICP1) is broken out on the mega because it has no arduino pin assignment. if it is i would suggest to use it for HW PPM reading because timer 1 is free ATM. timer 3 and 4 are used for PWM the motors outputs and 5 for gimbal servos.

on the 328p timer 1 is used for PWM output and it has just one with a ICP ..

regards

felix

Spacefish

Post by Spacefish »

I know this Thread is nearly two years old.. But i created a Patch that adds this functionality, as i had the problem myself: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4788