flyduino+allinone compass help please

ripcurl0-0

flyduino+allinone compass help please

Post by ripcurl0-0 »

i have a flyduino and allinone from csg ive setup in 1.8 patch2 define allinone and so on change mag settings solder two jumpers on allinone and so on, i fly quad x ,problem is flys ok and stabilizes ok but when i connect to gui the gui is say showing arrow up, and my quad holding in my hand arrow or front is facing towards me or down which it seems 180 degrees out ,compass works perfectly but is back to front if that make sense, any help would be appreciated its an old problem that i cant find any answer cheers dave..

arrow facing up on gui
arrow would be facing down on second pic

mbrak

Re: flyduino+allinone compass help please

Post by mbrak »

hi

why not upgrading to a newer release?

i have just tested 2.0pre2 and it works very well!
i have also the allinone imu with the flyduino mega2560. no problems with that configuration!

the mag should be well calibrated ! in higher dev versions and 2.0pre1 and above you could initiate the mag-calibration with a stick combo(no gui is needed).

when calibrating mag you should turn the copter around twice of each axis! after that the mag is normaly well calibrated! then you have to check if the mag values are "dancing" when you turn on the motors of your copter! if not just be happy! if yes you have to move all powerlines far away from the mag-sensor!

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

ripcurl0-0 wrote:i have a flyduino and allinone from csg ive setup in 1.8 patch2 define allinone and so on change mag settings solder two jumpers on allinone and so on, i fly quad x ,problem is flys ok and stabilizes ok but when i connect to gui the gui is say showing arrow up, and my quad holding in my hand arrow or front is facing towards me or down which it seems 180 degrees out ,compass works perfectly but is back to front if that make sense, any help would be appreciated its an old problem that i cant find any answer cheers dave..

arrow facing up on gui
arrow would be facing down on second pic

Hi,
The mag points the true north direction, not your relative front direction when you power on the multi.

ripcurl0-0

Post by ripcurl0-0 »

a quick embarrassing update, ive just check google earth for true north and as im sitting on my sofa its behind me hence thats why the arrow was back to front when i turned on my laptop facing north and quad facing north it all lined up perfectly ,i feel a right donut right now but if it helps other people then it was worth it
thanks once again to ALEXINPARIS
dave.....