Nunchuck problem with MWii vers. 1.9

carlonb

Nunchuck problem with MWii vers. 1.9

Post by carlonb »

Hi all,
I flied very well till now with my Hexa-X (Arduino-mega) and multiwii code vers. 1.7 and nunchuck modified connected as "stand-alone" selecting #define nunchack in config file.
Now, after switched to new multiwii vers. 1.9, there is no way to receive data fron acc Nunchuk, I see many errors in debug field n. 2.
What's the difference in I2C connection ?
The strange think is that i still have the same hardware, only changed the multiwii s/w from 1.7 to 1.9, tried also 1.8...same result, if I reinstall 1.7 all return good.

Thank guys
Carlo

Th0rsten

Re: Nunchuck problem with MWii vers. 1.9

Post by Th0rsten »

Have you check your I2C bus? Are the pull-ups correct?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=986

UndCon

Post by UndCon »

A very common issue where 1.9 is more sensitive to i2c errors. A later 1.9 release activated the debug values.
Search forum - there are lots of discussion about it and the debug values

//UndCon

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

@ Thorsten,
@ UndCon,
Thanks for reply, I think my pullups are correct as with vers. 1.7 run smooth also in stable mode, so no problem with connection I think.
About 1.9 sensitivity on I2C bus, I think it's "more sensitive" because it take trace of I2C connection problems, but my issue seems that I have totally not the nunchak response.
I saw at the 1.9 code I2C code is slighty different, may be this the problem?
Why installing 1.7 version all runs perfect ?
A mistery for me at this moment, I tried to use the I2C routine from vers. 1.7 in vers. 1.9, but no good results.
I'm waiting for suggestions and look for in forum...
Bye, Carlo

Th0rsten

Post by Th0rsten »

I had a similar problem with my nunchak. It worked for about 5 minutes then it froze. Not so good in flight.
I removed it and got an BMA020. Problem solved.

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

@thOrsten
Ok, I'm waiting for a BMA180 and I hope will solve my issue, anyway, why with sketch vers. 1.7 all is OK and with vers. 1.8 and 1.9 from nunchack no data (or very strage data) ?
Bye, Carlo

caotri

Post by caotri »

got the same prolem, i used wii and numchuck throuth wmp. on version 1.7 it is find, for 1.9, the acc data come out it ail ans ele valua on way moving, the gronvalue still ok and stale.