I2C High-precision Ultrasonic Ranging Module

copterrichie

I2C High-precision Ultrasonic Ranging Module

Post by copterrichie »

Here is Absolutely the First I2C Ultrasonic Range Finder I have seen. I have done some testing with older versions with the WiiCopter code sending out a ping and wait for the response however, I had many crash related to this and gave up. Now with this I2C interface, it is time to jump back on to that bandwagon.

sku_77865_2.jpg
(17.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet

KS101B High-precision Ultrasonic Ranging Module Temperature Compensation I2C Interface Robot Vision Module

KS101B High-precision Ultrasonic Ranging Module Temperature Compensation I2C Interface Robot Vision Module
Features :
- include real-time temperature compensation of the distance detection, high detection accuracy
- The patented detection mode, detection range 1cm ~ 650cm
-communicate using the I2C interface with the host, the host automatically respond to the I2C control instructions
- A total of 20 to modify the I2C address range 0xd0 ~ 0xfe (0xf0, 0xf2, 0xf4, 0xf6 excluded)
- Support for 0x00 broadcast address
- 83ms fast, high-precision temperature probe, always accurate perception of the environment temperature
- 5s did not receive an I2C control commands automatically enter the uA level sleep, and ready to be awakened master I2C control commands
- Short detection range from the 10cm, 20cm, ... ..., to 470cm, to meet the fast short-range detection
- 1ms fast light detection, real-time detection of real-time intensity
- the use of industrial grade configuration, operating temperature (-30 ~ +85 )
- Wide operating voltage (3.0V ~ 5.5V)
- Operating voltage: 3.0V ~ 5.5V DC power supply
- The instant when the maximum current work: 10.6mA 5.0V, typical
- Current :1.6-2 .7 mA 5.0V, typical
- Maximum power consumption sleep: 500uA 5.0V, typical
- Power: Using nanoWatt Technology power, 5s did not receive an I2C control commands automatically enter the uA level sleep, and ready to be awakened master I2C control commands.
- Can be reliably connected while 20 KS101B, in which a detection module other modules work automatically enter a low power sleep, tested, even if only about 3.0V voltage (about two cell battery voltage) to supply power for 20 KS101B can still be detected.

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/ks101b-high- ... odule.html

Waldmensch

Re: I2C High-precision Ultrasonic Ranging Module

Post by Waldmensch »

Would be great to have supersonic on board. Have seen such sensor in Action. It exactly follows the groundlevel during flight as long you are under 5m altitude. Because the Baro are not really exact and 0 to 5m is a critical hight for experiments it would be great to have support for.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

No, I have not purchased one of these yet but I hope to very soon. However I have one of the traditional Ultrasonics that I want to add an Atmel ATTiny 8-bit Micro to making it into a I2C device.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

and now that I think about it, I would like to incorporate two Ultrasonics on the aircraft, one looking downwards and the second looking forward. Hmmm. I need to order the Atmel ATTiny 8-bit Micro but can use one of the ATMEGA328P (overkill for this job) I have here doing nothing at present.

Waldmensch

Post by Waldmensch »

I also have 2 or three pcs of this ultrasonic sensors from Polaroid cameras. I'd used them years ago for some robotic experiments with basic stamp. Maybe with an ATiny could it be an I2C device.

Integration in MWC would great in automated 2 phases. Below 5 metres Ultrasonic and above 5m Baro. Above 5m a tolerance of 2m is not a risk ;)

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Integration has started but not using I2c: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1033