Brand new Hobbyking 328p flightcontroller not working anymor

torxnl

Brand new Hobbyking 328p flightcontroller not working anymor

Post by torxnl »

Hello, here is yet another problem with my quadcopter.

Last week I bought the Hobbyking 328p fc with gyro, accelero baro and magnetometer. So as soon as I had it in my mail I connected the board to my computer, started the Multiwii GUI and it worked! Everything worked just fine, it gave reads of all sensors, the lights were blinking, looks like a weekend good for flying right?

Well guess not, I didn't have time untill sunday to further work on my quad, but yesterday I connected the rx and the esc's to the board. Connected it to my computer again and nothing happens! The multiwii GUI gives nothing, so I thought maybe that's a software issue so I tried flashing the multiwii code to the board but that doesn't work as well (error: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding).

So is my board broken? Is it just a software problem I can fix myself? Can somebody please help me fix this! I just want to finally be able fly this thing!

kalle123

Re: Brand new Hobbyking 328p flightcontroller not working an

Post by kalle123 »

torxnl wrote: (error: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding).

Picked the right board in arduino ide gui?

torxnl

Post by torxnl »

According to the manual on hobbyking I should pick the Arduino Pro / Pro Mini 5v ATmega328, But this didn't work.

kenl

Post by kenl »

try a different usb cable or even just wiggle it, they are not a real good fit. Or go the FTDI way with jumper removed.

kilby

Post by kilby »

If you haven't already, remove every connection from the board then connect it to your pc see if the board comes up

torxnl

Post by torxnl »

Tried all of it, the board does connect to the computer but it does nothing more. But I just heard I might have a bricked board. The FTDI chip on the board has issues with a new driver which bricks it. So I'm basically screwed unless I can get unbrick it by using an older driver, no luck with that so far :(

brewski

Post by brewski »

torxnl wrote:Tried all of it, the board does connect to the computer but it does nothing more. But I just heard I might have a bricked board. The FTDI chip on the board has issues with a new driver which bricks it. So I'm basically screwed unless I can get unbrick it by using an older driver, no luck with that so far :(

It doesn't brick it. The latest FTDI drivers look for a bit that is set in genuine chip & driver will only run when it is detected. Fake chips don't have it.
All you have to do is uninstall the latest version & download an earlier one that doesn't look for fake chips. Just read off the actual chip type & number and Google driver picking one at least several versions old. If you are running Win8 or 8.1 you will have to run it in Compatibility mode for Win7 and tick 'Run As Administrator' box