Battery Voltage on Multiwii Pro -> MinimOSD

beentheunseen

Battery Voltage on Multiwii Pro -> MinimOSD

Post by beentheunseen »

Hi all,

I have just managed to set up voltage monitoring on my quadcopter, which I did using a voltage divider hooked up to an assigned pin on the multiwii board. I have enabled all the relevant parts of the code, set the vbatscale, and as a result it appears to be reading correctly in the multiwii gui (as i look at it now it's 12.400v).

I have also got a minimOSD running KV Team OSD, which also appears to be working correctly. It's reading and displaying all the telemetry data from the multiwii perfectly, all except the battery voltage, which seems to be stuck unmovingly on 13.00v even when i unplug the sensor wire from the multiwii entirely. I have checked the MWii box under 'main voltage' in the KV team gui, so i'm not quite sure where this 13v is coming from...

Can anybody help?

quad-osd.png

vbat.png
(6.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Setup:
Hobbyking MultiWii Pro running MultiWii v2.3
MinimOSD v1 running KV TEam OSD v2.3 (5v powering both sides)
3s Lipo Battery

Arakon

Re: Battery Voltage on Multiwii Pro -> MinimOSD

Post by Arakon »

Get rid of kv osd, which is no longer developed, and use mwosd. It specifically has a setting for multiwii 2.4.

beentheunseen

Post by beentheunseen »

Thanks for the tip - I am now running MWOSD, but have exactly the same problem...

However I have noticed that when I plug in a usb cable to the multiwii board, it starts working perfectly! Then I unplug the USB, and it jumps back up to 13v again... Is it possible that multiwii is for some reason not 'broadcasting' the voltage on the serial port until the usb cable is plugged in?

Anyone have any ideas?

waltr

Post by waltr »

Is the OSD board powered when not using the USB cable?
Is the MWC board properly powered from the flight battery?