MW OSD and Witespy Mega Pro ez3.0

mbeerer

MW OSD and Witespy Mega Pro ez3.0

Post by mbeerer »

I'm having trouble setting up my team KV minimOSD and MultiWii pro ez3.0 Black board. Both from readytoflyquads. I am not able to get the boards talking to one another over the serial ports. The strange thing is that I can get the boards to talk, but only over serial port 2 (GPS). I have to change the baud rate on the OSD to make this work of course. There seems to be something special about serial port 2 and I haven't been able to figure out what that is? I tried changing the GPS to another serial port (and config.h) but it also seems to only work on serial port 2. I know the other serial ports work because I can use them for the bluetooth module. I've tried all the normal trouble shooting, making sure the baud rate is correct and swapping the tx/rx wires. I've tried using MultiWii 2.3 and 2.4. I'm using the MultiWii OSD 1.3 firmware.

To summarize, I know the OSD works because it does work using 57600 baud rate on serial port 2. It doesn't work on any other serial ports using any baud rate. I know the serial ports work because I can use the bluetooth module on them. What is special about serial port 2? I would simply use serial port 2, but the GPS won't work on other serial ports.

Any ideas out there? I feel like I'm missing something simple.

Edit: There was something wrong might the FC board. I luckily had a second on lying around and flashed it was the same firmware and it worked fine. That was a headache, but glad I figured it out.