Mavlink OSD V2 and MWOSD R1.2 not playing nice!

MikeDalton

Mavlink OSD V2 and MWOSD R1.2 not playing nice!

Post by MikeDalton »

Hi all,

I have just received my Mavlink OSD v2 board and I'm having trouble getting the MultiWii OSD R1.2 software working.
I have successfully flashed the R1.1 version and that works fine... however after uploading the R1.2 sketch, all I get is a grid of dots (.) on the display which disappear about every second and come back. The blue LED on the board flashes in time with this.

I have run the Erase EEPROM sketch between flashing.

I've got my osd connected to a 12v supply (3s lipo) and an FTDI cable.

After uploading the MWOSD sketch I've had both sides of the board connected to the quads power supply (common ground) and it stays the same.

Arduino IDE reports a successful upload.

MWGUI R2.1 refuses to connect (opens com port though) but will allow me to upload fonts? (well at least it counts up to 256)

It seems to me that the sketch isn't running through its loop, looks more like what would happen if it browns out.

Running windows 7 64bit, Java 8 update 25 (x86)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Mike.

Georges41

Re: Mavlink OSD V2 and MWOSD R1.2 not playing nice!

Post by Georges41 »

Hi,
I have quite the same troubles with MAVLink V2 board. After wiring the board, there was not image received. By pushing the RESTART in the GUI, after 3 to 4 seconds the image was present for 1 second, disappeared for 2 seconds, again present for 1 second and finally disappeared.
I live in Rambouillet, France and unfortunately there are not many people to help me in this area.

Yours sincerely,
Georges
const_g20@yahoo.fr

MikeDalton

Post by MikeDalton »

I noticed that there is a mwosd v1.3 release candidate in the downloads section, I will try that soon and see if it works properly. I'm still running v1.1 at the moment, have given up with v1.2.

rsshepard

Post by rsshepard »

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem except that it is with 1.3. R1.2 works well besides being way to light to read most of the time. I tried 1.3 last night and had the same issue. I thought it might be an NTSC/PAL issue so I tried to change it. When I tried to write to the board from the GUI it would write. It gave me the attempting write message 20 times and then did nothing. I noticed the switches were flashing back and forth like it was writing and reading the setting back and fourth. I ended up going back to 1.2 but with the large font that comes with 1.3