Help with KV MinimOSD and Naze32 setup!

ebaydan777

Help with KV MinimOSD and Naze32 setup!

Post by ebaydan777 »

Hey everyone! Glad to be a part of the forum, want to first thank everyone for the endless posts I have gone through that were resolved in helping me build my first mini quadcopter.

So, I am having some issue on the very very VERY last part of the build, and i am tired...it's been weeks building this lol I just want to finish and I am stuck. I have a Naze32 board (Full - mag/baro included), the KV mod team's MinimOSD, TS832 vtx, D4R-ii FrSky receiver, that's basically the jist of it.
Here is a close diagram that I have, everything minus the extra capacitor down on the RSSI. I do have RSSI plugged in from the minimOSD directly to the D4R-ii I believe is labeled '2' on the receiver. Diagram is right here: http://imgur.com/UhcN9Wl.

Anywho, The build is in a Mini H by Blackout quad frame 250mm and using CleanFlight. I feel like I have set everything up properly, FPV working properly too. Problem: I can not get the tx9 receiver I have to do the middle throttle to the right, pitch up to get into the minimosd menu. I have cleared the EEROM and reuploaded the KV teams OSD. I then uploaded the fonts. Here is the issue, when I set board type to MWii, nothing works?? I thought that's what the Naze32 is. When everything is set to ADC, like video and current voltage and even RSSI, things work.

Problem is, in the simulator everything works on the FPV display, except when I don't have the simulator on, I have no horizon that works when I tilt or anything. What am I doing wrong...do not understand why I can not get into minimosd menu, why altitude and disarmed/armed, horizon, and other features aren't registering. Why I am having to set everything to ADC to get readings, is this right?

Thanks, any help is appreciated, I figured everything else out on my own and am just plain stuck here with this dang minimosd, but would love to figure it out as it has really nice features! - Dan

PatrikE

Re: Help with KV MinimOSD and Naze32 setup!

Post by PatrikE »

Justa a first Note.
USB and OSD share the same serial port.
Ensure USB is unplugged for OSD to work.

You need to check the trows on your TX All channels need to reach colse to 1000 and 2000 endpoints.

ebaydan777

Post by ebaydan777 »

they go between 1000 and 2000. and the USB is not plugged in at all actually when I try to do the middle throttle, yaw right, pitch up command.

I also have RSSI going from minimosd 12v end, into pin 2 (what it shows on the D4R-ii FRSKY receiver, but I believe is actually channel 4 where GPS goes). So I don't know what im doing but it just isnt working, still using the diagram I posted above.

Also here is a link to the dump on the cleanflight. I am just very confused :(
http://pastebin.com/zZvUZL90

Olddude

Post by Olddude »

U have the right diagram there ..
this is the one to follow but i dont use cleanflight ..
So cant help there
RSSI i run from channel 2 of the RX into a analogue converter U see it at the bottom of the diagram
then into nthe TXT pin on the minimosd
In the OSD settings u set it to ADC and put 5V reference on
That gets RSSI to work through the minmosd .

So get that working now
Then in the goggles or ur screen u can go to the correct RSSI screen and u can configure the rssi .

muffy514

Post by muffy514 »

On this diagram, does anyone know what that VGI piece below the battery and above the power distribution is?