MinimOSD w/ KV v1.0 VIA MultiWii PRO 2.0

twilliamson

MinimOSD w/ KV v1.0 VIA MultiWii PRO 2.0

Post by twilliamson »

I currently have a Multiwii board up and running with GPS and 3dr Telemetry Radio. My GPS is connected to UART2 and my 3dr Link is connected in series with the USB/Serial UART0. I will be receiving my MinimosD tomorrow and im looking for a bit of guidance. I have searched the interwebs and haven't found a clear answer.

DISCLAIMER :I have not done any experimenting! Some say connect the MinimOSD to the UART0 , others say "the bluetooth port" which i assume they are referring to one of the other UARTS. My question is, if i connect the MinimOSD in parallel with the 3dr Radio and dont have a connection established with my laptop will the MulitWii UART naturally (without request) dump the data out for the OSD. I wouldn't imagine id want both the OSD and 3dr Radios TX pins to be tied together and to the Multiwii.

Can i simply configure(just set the port speed right?) one of the other UARTS and connect the OSD it?

I'm not afraid to mess with configs. I would just like some guidance before i go in blindly.

FC:
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/flight ... oller.html

MinimOSD
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/minimosd.html

twilliamson

Re: MinimOSD w/ KV v1.0 VIA MultiWii PRO 2.0

Post by twilliamson »

Nothing? Perhaps there is a better place to ask this question. Anyone care to direct me there?

PatrikE

Re: MinimOSD w/ KV v1.0 VIA MultiWii PRO 2.0

Post by PatrikE »

You can connect the Osd to any of the serials.
Just make sure serial speed is set to match.

AlexKotovka

MinimOSD w/ KV v1 0 VIA MultiWii PRO 2 0

Post by AlexKotovka »

I havent tried via USB yet, but music plays fine using google play on my s6 via bluetooth.

You did select the device from the "Media" menu right?