[SOLVED] TTX610 arming motors

jaumemiralles

[SOLVED] TTX610 arming motors

Post by jaumemiralles »

Hello, i ran out of ideas, any help will be apreciated.

My problem is that I can't get a configuration that lets me both arming motors and having some throttle when my stick is at the minimum

My hardware:
Quadcopter.
30A ESCs
Transmitter: TTX610 from TACTIC
Fly controller: Multiwii 2.6

Ranges I see in GUI when transmitting:
- Throttle: 1050 - 1950
- Yaw, roll, pitch: 1220 - 1500 - 1720

My nightmare:
TTX610 transmitter ranges can't be moyfied (or I don't know how). It has no dial.

My possibilities:
a) MINCHECK: 1050; MAXCHECK = 1950; MINCOMMAND=900; MINTHROTTLE=1150; MAXTHROTTLE=1850
... but it won't arm motors as my transmitted yaw can't reach 1050
b) MINCHECK: 1300; MAXCHECK = 1700; MINCOMMAND=900; MINTHROTTLE=1150; MAXTHROTTLE=1850
... I can arm/disarm... but for half of my stick range the motors will be off... very bad idea.
c) Decoupling vars for yaw and throttle in programmation. Not sure how and not sure about consequences, I really don't like.
d) Using AUX channel for arming. I don't like using a channel for that (and I have no idea yet, but I think it can be done)
e) Throw TTX610 into the trash can... really, has it any utility for a quadcopter?

Any ideas? Thank you very much!!
Last edited by jaumemiralles on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kbev5709

Re: TTX610 arming motors

Post by Kbev5709 »

jaumemiralles wrote:My problem is that I can't get a configuration that lets me both arming motors and having some throttle when my stick is at the minimum. Ranges I see in GUI when transmitting:
- Throttle: 1050 - 1950
- Yaw, roll, pitch: 1220 - 1500 - 1720

My nightmare:
TTX610 transmitter ranges can't be moyfied (or I don't know how). It has no dial.

I was looking at the manual for that TX and I couldn't find anything about how to adjust subtrim and endpoints. You will never be able to arm with the yaw function with 1220 as a minimum and 1720 max. You really need to be able to set things up to work right and I'm not even seeing a computer interface for it. The complete lack of an on-board display makes it pretty useless IMHO. The janky reverse switches in the battery box are like nothing I've ever seen before :o :shock:

jaumemiralles wrote:e) Throw TTX610 into the trash can... really, has it any utility for a quadcopter?

Maybe you can sell it to someone who only flies fixed wings. The Turnigy 9x is a nice quad capable package for usually less than $70.00 U.S. if you are looking for an inexpensive replacement that can actually do the job, plus, it's eight fully functional channels with an RX included, compared to the unusable six channels on that TTX610. Plus, there is a hardware/software upgrade for the 9x that really takes it up in to the big leagues as far as adjust-ability and features go.

jaumemiralles

Post by jaumemiralles »

Thanks, Kbev... at least now I know i'm not crazy. The TTX610 definitely is not a good choice for quads. I'll take note of the model you say, by the way i'm doing the trick with the d) option

Best regards

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

jaumemiralles wrote:Thanks, Kbev... at least now I know i'm not crazy. The TTX610 definitely is not a good choice for quads. I'll take note of the model you say, by the way i'm doing the trick with the d) option

Best regards

Yeah, you can get it armed that way. But with your TX not being set up properly with your pitch, roll, and yaw not at 1000, 1500, and 2000, you will have trouble getting a flyable condition (a quadcopter that you can actually control.) With the readings you quote, the center of the stick throw is OK but the high side is 200 more and the low side is 300 less. Clearly not a centered condition nor one with much range. Maybe I'm wrong and it will work though. Good luck.

jaumemiralles

Post by jaumemiralles »

I must rescue this thread.

The switch on the top of the right in the transmitter, called "Dual Rate switch", toggles a correction for yaw/roll/pitch between 60% and 100%.

Thus, this transmitter actually can afford the process mentioned before.

Still it's not the perfect transmitter for fine tune, but i was wrong and for sure it can have y/r/p in values spanning to 1000-2000ms

RobertBil

Re: [SOLVED] TTX610 arming motors

Post by RobertBil »

Hi..as per my knowledge you will never be able to arm with the yaw function with 1220 as a minimum and 1720 max. You really need to be able to set things up to work right and I'm not even seeing a computer interface for it. The complete lack of an on-board display makes it pretty useless IMHO. The janky reverse switches in the battery box are like nothing I've ever seen before.

smt electronic assembly