Dx5e with R615x and Flip32+ on Cleanflight

humblehacker

Dx5e with R615x and Flip32+ on Cleanflight

Post by humblehacker »

Hello All,
After a lengthy period of trial error, I am finally getting to the point where I should have a workable quad. My current setup is based on a Flip32+ board running Cleanflight with a UBLOX GPS, a Mobius Action Cam on a tilt servo and an R615x RX running CPPM mode. All of the above appears to be working as it should but my final hurdle seems to be my Transmitter Radio which is a Spektrum Dx5e. AFAIK the Dx5e is actually a 6 channel TX if you set up the "Trainer" switch to toggle AUX2 on/off. It also has a three pos. switch for Channel 5 which is apparently meant to trigger landing gear in fixed wing craft. This is all well and good but for the fact that my cheap three pos. switch snapped off with little force applied! So at first glance it appears I have no way of using Channel 5...

While I've been slowly saving up enough money for a proper TX like a Turnigy 9xr (+modules etc...) I'm wondering what my options are for using the Dx5e in the meantime? I know the channels can be mapped to switches in Cleanflight, but doesn't this require the TX hardware to be programmed first? If so, does this mean channel mappings on an analog TX like the Dx5e will be fixed and cant be adjusted? Could I make do with just the toggle switch on AUX2 while ignoring AUX1? Or can AUX1 be mapped to a stick combination?

Has anybody else had experience using a low-end TX like the DX5e with Naze32/Flip32? Does CPPM mode make any difference?