skymike

Completely NEW

Post by skymike »

Ok,
So I am Completely new to Multi rotors. I Have the current gear;
multi Wii Pro EZ 3.0 FCB from whitespy
Ublocx GPS with integrated compas
Turnigy 9X transmitter/ reciever
im after any usefull info in regards to the software set up for an X Quad?
Also what is the procedure to starting / looking at the GUI/ Arduino sketch/ MultiWiiConf settings that come pre loaded.

appreciative of any info you can relay on how/ where you all started
Thanks

MikeDalton

Re: Completely NEW

Post by MikeDalton »

You should watch hour upon hour of Youtube videos followed by reading every multiwii post you come across.
Google "multiwii setup" and read everything you come across, take notes in a notepad..... it will all come together in the end.

Also break your posts down into manageable chunks and post them in the 8bit section as you are running an 8bit atmega chip.

skymike

Post by skymike »

Thaks ! Would the 8 bit section be under the "general board" on the board index?

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

skymike

Post by skymike »

FengShuiDrone wrote:You could benefit greatly from a mentor. I wished someone could help me when I first started. Let me know what you're having a problem with and I can most likely help. First off. What are you going to put the FC on? What airframe?
To answer your question "Also what is the procedure to starting / looking at the GUI/ Arduino sketch/ MultiWiiConf settings that come pre loaded" I must ask one as well. Do you already have Arduino on your PC? If so, have you extracted all of the files to unzip them? When you open up Multiwii Arduino what you get is a config.h sketch that someone else configured for their quad (or tri, or hex, etc.) that won't necessarily work on your setup. You need to learn what commenting and uncommenting is in Arduino. This is how you make changes to suit your rig. That is why I asked what airframe your FC is going on. If you know this stuff already, cool. If not get help. If you can get into the GUI you are ready to check your pre-configured FC. I don't use the configurator preferring instead the 2.30 version of the GUI from EOSBandi.com. I have a way to work around the error you get from using the latest version firmware with an older GUI. No matter what GUI you use, when you connect, your pre-configured setting will be what you are seeing. Once again, let me know if you need simple advice on specific problems you might have. I have the whitespy MW pro 2 with a leah 6H GPS on a home designed and built aluminum (but soon to be carbon fiber) frame so I can help you out with stuff somewhat. It flies really sweetly :D Depends on your motor and prop size how much I can help. Mine is 980 Kv with 10x4.5 props. See photo upper right :mrgreen: I could help you out on my Facebook page so as not to continue on in the forum. Or would that be a good idea maybe? To help someone out on the forum with whatever beginner questions need answered? Others could benefit from this from by reading it. Mentors could help newbies and make the intense learning curve in Multiwii less intense. Just my 2 cents.

i Appreciate your willingness to help. i think a mentor would be great!!! i have a local guy i met but have not gotten his assistance :( i have a knock off flame wheel 450 frame/ tiger MN1806 1400KV motors(I think a little undersized although e calcs says it will work) 7 x 4 carbon composite props whitespy pro ez 3.0 blue FCB 6H GPS simon K 20 Fire red ECS turnigy 9X v2 Mode2 2.4GHZ (going to upgrade to ER9X FW) after watching a bunch of youtube i think i understand the Arduino and GUI Now. Ill Update Soon