ESC issues?

tnt0714

ESC issues?

Post by tnt0714 »

My ESC's only respond to throttle above 1600, I've done the proper esc calibration, uncommenting code, plugging in battery, waiting to hear beeps, then unpluging and reflashing. however it still doesn't turn on till after 1600 as in my video below. My transmitter is also at 120% and the board read's everything normally when it comes to the pitch and roll being at 1500. Motor_stop is disabled (commented out). It doesn't fly well at all after getting in the air either, but one problem at a time eh? Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SErMV8Q ... e=youtu.be

Please help yo!

brewski

Re: ESC issues?

Post by brewski »

I didn't have any luck either calibrating my HobbyPower 30A ESCs via sketch. Plug each ESC directly into Throttle port of RX & calibrate range via TX. Check the instruction sheet that came with your ESCs, but majority follow this (remove props just in case!)-
1. Turn on TX & Throttle max
2. Plug in Lipo & wait for the beeps
3. Immediately Throttle minimum & wait for beep
4. Disconnect Lipo & then reconnect after several seconds.
5. Increase throttle slightly & motor should start & run to max with max throttle
Go by your instruction sheet & ensure that Brake = off, Battery type =lipo (can set NiMh to get lower voltage cutoff), Low volt protection=power reducing, low voltage protection=medium, Startup mode=Normal, Timing=normal
Repeat for each ESC/motor.
You can make up a 4 way (for quad) harness that will calibrate all esc/motors simultaneously. I used servo extension cables & works well.
If you have a programming card for your ESCs you can also calibrate using this.

Also check out this guide as it will take you thru the steps to get you flying viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5363

tnt0714

Post by tnt0714 »

Hey Brewski,
Thanks a bunch, I did that and checked after i calibrated them and they responded at the bottom of the throttle, right where they should while the ESC was plugged into to my receiver, but still no change, so clearly something is going on with my controller board. Any ideas? I have a multi wii pro v2. I have IC2 1000 un commented, the correct board, (it reads all the sensors correctly) something is just going wrong with the output from the board to the ESCs.

ABL

Post by ABL »

tnt0714 wrote:I have IC2 1000 un commented

What's this? You're probably using old 8-bit multiwii board?
Anyway, post screenshots of configurator at low and mid throttle....

brewski

Post by brewski »

tnt0714 wrote:Hey Brewski,
Thanks a bunch, I did that and checked after i calibrated them and they responded at the bottom of the throttle, right where they should while the ESC was plugged into to my receiver, but still no change, so clearly something is going on with my controller board. Any ideas? I have a multi wii pro v2. I have IC2 1000 un commented, the correct board, (it reads all the sensors correctly) something is just going wrong with the output from the board to the ESCs.

Several of the guys on this forum as well as RCGroups (search board on forums) have had major issues with this HK Crius AIOP clone. Save yourself the grief & return it for refund. HK are aware of the issues with these boards but continue to sell them. Buy a genuine Crius AIOP V2 together with an ext Mag board & you will have a good stable FC.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CRIUS-All-IN ... 1c4433fca1

tnt0714

Post by tnt0714 »

Hey thanks guys, I'm busy over the next day but I have had this board work for me for a while now, took a nasty crash and reset everything and now I'm stuck here. I'll post updates later this week.

tnt0714

Post by tnt0714 »

So, got it all working. I download Questor's sketch and uploaded it and my hex is now flying! I dont know what the difference is between my sketch and his, the only one i know of was I was using 2.3 and his was 2.2. Either way, this thing is wicked!