Hopelessly Stuck

swilker01

Hopelessly Stuck

Post by swilker01 »

I have it flying. Calibrated the magnetometer and accelerometer. I have tried to adjust the sub trims by pushing the throttle to full (disarmed) and then moving the stick to the desired position. It seems to have no effect. As soon as I take off the thing slowly drifts off. What am I missing? Help please
I'e attached a shot of the screen for reference. I'm in the basement right now so no GPS, but I'm testing it out side.
Attachments
ScreenShot.png

waltr

Re: Hopelessly Stuck

Post by waltr »

The stick command you are using is called "ACC TRIM" not sub-trim. Sub-Trim is a setting within the transmitter.

The ACC TRIM 'clicks' are very fine so you may need to input 10-20 to see a substantial change in the auto-level drift.

swilker01

Post by swilker01 »

Waltr,
Thanks, but that's not it. After 20+ ticks it shows no sign of changing and it only needs a little bit. I think the Multi wii pro is just a piece of shit. It's been one thing after another and nothing seems to work with this thing. I'm going to switch to a NAZA 32. For sure it can't be any worse. I could spend a life time on this multi wii and it will never work. Either the board is bad or they are junk. Either way it's not worth the time.
Thanks again,
Drew

scrat

Post by scrat »

First of all. Set sticks center to 1500...you have them at 1512. Use subtrims. And MultiWii is not piece of shit...you'll have the same problems with Naze32.

waltr

Post by waltr »

Yep, what scrat said. I've been using MW on several FC boards on several copters and it works very well.
Most beginner problems are due to incorrectly setting up the Transmitter properly. This is a VERY IMPORTANT step and MUST be done before any other step.
The Sticks MUST be centered at 1500 (or change the MIDRC value in config.h) and all the Stick End Points MUST go from 1000 to 2000 else stick commands (like ACC TRIM) will not work.

Now about the ACC TRIM command, did you hold the sticks for a least one second? Did the FC's LED blink for each click of the ACC TRIM command?
If the FC LED did not blink then the stick End Pint values are not correct. Fix this in the TX setup.

swilker01

Post by swilker01 »

Waltr,
Just did a test flight and you're right nothing works, but like you said my trims are not correct. I will give this a try. Seems to me that a good addition to the controller would be to have the pilot move the sticks and see where the end points are and the mid point and then set that in software. Nonetheless thanks for the help. I'll let you know how that goes, Best wishes,
Drew

swilker01

Post by swilker01 »

Waltr,
Also If I get this completely figured out, I promise, I will post a step by step set of u-Tube videos that a complete idiot will be able to follow.
Drew

waltr

Post by waltr »

A pretty good tutorial on setting up MW is here:
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/videos.html

Step number 1 is set up the Transmitter mode and sticks.
Some TX's do not use standard values and can not be setup with 1000-1500-2000 on the sticks. This is where the #defines in the config.h file come in handy. The center and end point values that the MW code is looking for can be changed easily. If you find that the TX you are using will not setup correctly then look at MIDRC, MINCHECK & MAXCHECK in the config.h file. Read the comment for the details.
I use a $20 RC radio and have this issue but a quick change of these defines and all is well.

swilker01

Post by swilker01 »

Waltr,
Thanks!! Ok... I was able to set the Throttle, Aileron, Rudder, Elevator and Aux 2 set 1000-> 2000
This took two beers to get it right. I was unable to get Aux 1 and 3 to go from 1000 -> 2000 on the transmitter.
so I set everything up on Aux 2. Test flight in the dark went well, no problems. Aux 1 and 3 are from 1120->1910 is that a problem too?
Now all the trims work, light come on when I move the stick to the right or left and I have it hovering correctly. I have a long way to go. I noticed if I click on Alt hold I can't disarm until I turn it off. I see no indication that the barometer is working correctly. GPS hold doesn't seem to do a thing, so I'm still struggling. I will watch the video now. Best wishes,

Drew

waltr

Post by waltr »

Ok. I like MW but it does take some time to learn how to use it.
Aux 1 and 3 are from 1120->1910 is that a problem too?

I'll give you some hints on how to answer this:
Look up in the code the defines I listed in my last post. Are the Aux 1 & 3 end points within these values?

scrat

Post by scrat »

AUX 1 and 3 - max value is good but min must be below 1100.

waltr

Post by waltr »

scrat wrote:AUX 1 and 3 - max value is good but min must be below 1100.

That is correct. You know how to fix this now, right?