Wiki - We need a Wiki - We really need a Wiki

Plüschi

Wiki - We need a Wiki - We really need a Wiki

Post by Plüschi »

Baseflight is working fine. BUT entrance level is set VERY high because info & howtos & wikis are few / missing.

Since im a lazy ass, and others are too, is there someone able to create and maintain a wiki without much troubles? A place where i can write down my knowledeg of serialrx, and others can write down their knowledge. A place without much access restrictions, a place where grammar doesent matter, a place where i dont have to be "elite" to spread my knowledge.

Why? Because today i wanted to use frsky telemetry from the afromini. I found NO documentation about how, where and when. The code is ALL there, just no hints how to get it working. I did search 3 hours to make it working, yet its so simple once you know it. Now i want Vario on the taranis .... another 3 hours search?

Any help creating a wiki?

timecop

Re: Wiki - We need a Wiki - We really need a Wiki

Post by timecop »

both github and google code have wiki stuff. I'm not sure how public editing it is, but I know on google code at least people need to be assigned to be able to edit. maybe something like google docs would be better, though there's no history and ability to edit/rollback changes.

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

timecop wrote:both github and google code have wiki stuff. I'm not sure how public editing it is, but I know on google code at least people need to be assigned to be able to edit. maybe something like google docs would be better, though there's no history and ability to edit/rollback changes.

I'm not sure about anonymous editing but Google Docs/Drive has revision history (File > See revision history)!

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

github wiki sounds like a winner, already most of the baseflight related stuff is on there, including cTn's configurator, even openlrs, etc... you could also use another site like wikihow or something... but github sounds like a winner to me.

m3us

Post by m3us »

This is the wiki I use,https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/wiki
Maybe we can work on it?