Motors will not arm

mathias_popsel

Motors will not arm

Post by mathias_popsel »

Hi,

I have made an octo with the multiwii pro 2.0 FC. i loaded the sketch code and in the multiwii GUI i can see that all those things work fine.
if i try to arm the motors, they wont start.

any one knows what i am doing wrong?

waltr

Re: Motors will not arm

Post by waltr »

Are you sure the stick end point values are fine as seen in the GUI???
This is the most common beginner cause for not arming.

mathias_popsel

Post by mathias_popsel »

Indeed, that was the problem, how can you adjust it? i did it in the radio and it is working, is this the right way to fix this?

waltr

Post by waltr »

Yes, the stick values, end points and center, are adjusted in the TX's setup using the MWconf.exe gui to see the values.
Did you adjust the stick center values to exactly 1500?

mathias_popsel

Post by mathias_popsel »

Hi, i try to adjust it to 1500 But it is always a little less or more, (1499) is that a problem?

waltr

Post by waltr »

A little jitter around center is common particularly with cheaper radios and typically not a problem. However this can cause some drift in different directions in a hover but MW already has the solution. Uncomment #define DEADBAND 6 in config.h which will require the sticks to move +/-6 counts before MW detects stick movement.

alb1234

Post by alb1234 »

Just in case anyone else checks this thread with an arming problem, one thing that stopped mine working was not having just the throttle to min and yaw to high.
I had yaw AND roll to min which wont arm it. You have to have only yaw(or roll if you've chosen that in the config.h file) and throttle to high and low respectively. I was so happy i solved it yesterday i made a youtube video going through it if you're still not sure... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKcApDD ... e=youtu.be

Also check that the dont arm when not level is commented out in the config.h file

yahyaziakhan

Post by yahyaziakhan »

i also had the same kind of problem, and got it fixed by setting the mix and max values of Throttle. According to my board and transmitter, the min value should be lower than 1100 for the board to arm.
I might be wrong but you can try.

waltr

Post by waltr »

yahyaziakhan wrote:i also had the same kind of problem, and got it fixed by setting the mix and max values of Throttle. According to my board and transmitter, the min value should be lower than 1100 for the board to arm.
I might be wrong but you can try.

Yes, the Stick values must go beyond the MAX_CHECK and MAX_CHECK #define values for stick commands to work.
This is why the very first MW Setup step is adjusting the Radio's stick End Point values in the TX's menu.