S BUS connection

alistairr

S BUS connection

Post by alistairr »

Just a quick question..
Is Futaba SBus, Frsky SBus and Spektrum SBus the same protocol? Can I use the SBus from a Spektrum rx with signal inverter (Adaptor) to a NAZE and set it up as though it was a Futaba SBus? I was hoping to use an orange 620rx that outputs SBus and also can pre set failsafe positions to an afro mini with GPS also attached. I don't think I can use a sat rx and GPS together. I was planning on setting up my Father-in-laws wing with RTH Baseflight. I also have X8R Frsky rx that output SBus. I know you can get SBus to PPM converters but I was just wondering.

Sorry if some of the terminology is wrong

thanks

Arakon

Re: S BUS connection

Post by Arakon »

There's actually no Spektrum sbus, that's something that Hobbyking cooked up. But yes, you can hook up an orangerx SBUS-capable receiver just as if it was Futaba.

41south

Post by 41south »

And the Frsky sbus? I'm currently using a ppm converter but would love to able to bypass it!

41south

Post by 41south »

Just tried this on the latest Cleanflight (updated via Chrome config)

feature rx_serial

set serialrx_provider = 2

For some reason rx_serial will not save. No problems that I can see with rx_ppm etc saving

dfruehwald

Post by dfruehwald »

I'm using a Flip32 and wanted to connect the FrSky X4R via S.Bus.

Which input is the correct one to use? I've been digging but haven't found a diagram showing how to connect S.Bus

I know MultiWii 2.3 originally had an issue with the 9ms updates from the FrSky receivers, is this already addressed in CleanFlight?

rich

Post by rich »

I am trying to configure an X8R sbus and smart port on a Flip32+. I have tried both baseflight and clean flight and I can't seem to make it work. I played with the serial config so that it now saves, but I still do not have communication between the X8r and the Flip32+

I have tried every combination I can think of without success.
Question:
1 Do I enable PPM input? ( I have tried it both ways to no affect.)

2 I assume I enable sbus for serial rx, is that correct? (This was in cleanflight, but again no joy. In baseflight this does not appear to exist.)

3 Since the schematic show that Uart1 has the inverter I assume I set that to serial RX, is that right? (again cleanflight only)

The wiring diagrams I have seen show the sbus going to pin 1 on the pwm input pins, is that correct?

Where should the SmartPort connection be?

I am told the GPS goes on 3 and 4, is that correct?

Is FrSky compatible telemetry correct of Smartport or is that only for the older DJT stuff? (What should I pick and where should it be connected?)

*baseflight*

# version
Afro32 CLI version 2.3 Mar 27 2015 / 10:52:12

# feature
Enabled features: PPM VBAT SERIALRX MOTOR_STOP SOFTSERIAL FAILSAFE TELEMETRY FW_FAILSAFE_RTH

#set
serial_baudrate = 115200
softserial_baudrate = 9600
softserial_1_inverted = 0
softserial_2_inverted = 0
serialrx_type = 2
telemetry_provider = 0
telemetry_port = 0
telemetry_switch = 0

Any pointers or help would be greatfully accepted. I am also willing to switch configuration tools it those willing to help prefer something else. I have read all the noise and frankly I have yet to take sides.