Extending baseflight for custom LEDs.

dgp

Extending baseflight for custom LEDs.

Post by dgp »

Hi,

I have a 450 quad running a full naze32, a minimosd and a custom AVR thingy to drive some cree LEDs to help with orientation when flying LOS and to help find it after a crash. I have them flashing to save draining the battery needlessly. Now I'm building up a 250 sized quad and I want the same LED setup. I was thinking of hacking up the minimosd firmware I use to drive the LEDs and do some fancy stuff like different colours when the motors are armed etc. But I really want to be able to turn off the whole video side with the transmitter etc when flying LOS. So I'm thinking that I could possibly add this stuff to baseflight.
There seems to be code for driving an LED ring via i2c but I can't find anything that suggests if it works/if it's a good idea.
Has anyone done something similar before? What is the least problematic bus or whatever to tap into? Should I just hack up the minimosd instead?

Cheers.

timecop

Re: Extending baseflight for custom LEDs.

Post by timecop »

I2C is fine, just hack ledring into your usecase.

wxm

Re: Extending baseflight for custom LEDs.

Post by wxm »

Hi. i like your turnsignals. I had an idea of breaklights today and when searching i found this.
breaklights would help alot when fpv racing i think.
maybe just set one pwm pin so that soft break = low light and hard break = bright light.
would be simple and easy for almost anyone to use.