[Solved] PID wrong 6dof arduino mega

victorhkr

[Solved] PID wrong 6dof arduino mega

Post by victorhkr »

Hi, I have a quadrotor, for control I am using arduino mega 2560, the gy_521 board (mpu6050-acc+gyroscope-6DOF), I was testing the PID parameters via the GUI. I have a question about the Pterm, Iterm and Dterm. Why the P term reacts to angular acceleration? For example if I put all the terms equal 0 in the gui and only use one axis (ROLL for example) and set the P to 4, I and D = 0. It will indeed be stabilized but it will not stabilize to horizontal. For me P must be proportional to the angle error of the quadrotor.
The I and D term are strange also, the Iterm isn't doing what it should do, that was to integrate the error, when I set P and D = 0 and I = 0.100 for example, if i change the ROLL angle of the quadrotor to 30º it wil fix on that position and set the force on motors to fix on this position (this tests where made with quadrotor armed and sticks in stability position).

So, why Pterm is based on the angular velocity error and not on the angle error, why Iterm is based on any position error and not in the horizontal angle (180º) ?

victorhkr

Re: [Solved] PID wrong 6dof arduino mega

Post by victorhkr »

In the multiwii gui i wasn't using the ANGLE MODE. I was arming it and i didn't knew that the deafault mode was acrobatic. Well, imagine a noob like me arming the quad and tring to pilot it on the ACRO MODE. Hehehe

Sorry for posting this but mabe it can help another noob like me