BASEFLIGHT WONT LOAD/BOOT INTO MY NAZE32

Bearcubb

BASEFLIGHT WONT LOAD/BOOT INTO MY NAZE32

Post by Bearcubb »

I have all the drives loaded and MultiWii loads it fine and i can change things on the naze32 board with it but cant load files to it so Baseflight is what im trying to get to configure my naze32 with but it keeps says this..

11:21:48 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 4
11:21:58 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
11:21:58 -- Serial port successfully closed

scrat

Re: BASEFLIGHT WONT LOAD/BOOT INTO MY NAZE32

Post by scrat »

Shorten bot pons and connect usb to computer and then flash new firmware.

Bearcubb

Post by Bearcubb »

scrat wrote:Shorten bot pons and connect usb to computer and then flash new firmware.

SCRAT, what are you saying shorten bot pons? and flash with firmware.....

kilby

Post by kilby »

Short the boot pads was the intended reply I think

Bearcubb

Post by Bearcubb »

Bearcubb wrote:
scrat wrote:Shorten bot pons and connect usb to computer and then flash new firmware.

SCRAT, what are you saying shorten bot pons? and flash with firmware.....

Scrat, are you saying if I short the BOOT PINS it will then boot into BASEFLIGHT program? And you say FLASH with hex file so next question
where is that file and do I use the BASEFLIGHT program to FLASH it to my naze32 board? My quad is flyimg fine now but I wanted to STOP
the motors from spinning up when I arm the board and you do that through BASEFLIGHT.

I guess what im asking if I short the BOOT PINS together then that will let BASEFLIGHT program to load and recognize my naze32 board?

timecop

Post by timecop »

if all you want to do is stop motors, just goto cli,
feature -motor_stop and done

Bearcubb

Post by Bearcubb »

timecop wrote:if all you want to do is stop motors, just goto cli,
feature -motor_stop and done

Timecop...HOW? I cant boot into Baseflight it wont connect to the naze32 board... it keeps timing out. That is why I want to figure out
why Baseflight wont work on the naze32 board ive tried with 3 computers and nothing. I have all the right files the driver loaded and all that but
it wont connect. If you try to click on anything on Baseflight it says "PLEASE CONNECT FIRST". i tired the click on the CLI tab wont work. Three days now hrs on end uninstalling / installing files and drivers on 4 computers and nothing. I can change things program the Naze32 board through Multiwii but nothing with the motors or change the command lines.
Ive posted on all forums and sites I know of and nothing seems people wont talk about this problem, they reply to other items and problems but all questions about connecting fails nobody knows are not answering .. All I get on all computers is this and same as many others posting the same errors.

11:21:48 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 4
11:21:58 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
11:21:58 -- Serial port successfully closed

scrat

Post by scrat »

It was typo. I meant BOOT pins. Shorten them with paper clip, then connect usb cable to computer, run baseflight configurator (program in Google Chrome browser) and select Flash Firmware, then click Load Firmware Online, wait few seconds and then click Flash Firmware. If FW load is successful, then click leave Firmware flasher....and hit connect. I hope you did install drivers for stm32.

Bearcubb

Post by Bearcubb »

scrat wrote:It was typo. I meant BOOT pins. Shorten them with paper clip, then connect usb cable to computer, run baseflight configurator (program in Google Chrome browser) and select Flash Firmware, then click Load Firmware Online, wait few seconds and then click Flash Firmware. If FW load is successful, then click leave Firmware flasher....and hit connect. I hope you did install drivers for stm32.

SCAT, without me writing a book here let me say again... All drivers loaded , all com ports working, all software installed many times , I can fly the quad no problem I can tune it no problem and change settings in MULYIWII and save them I can set the radio all that is fine using Multiwii .. only thing is I cant turn off motors on arming through it , for that I need to have BASEFLIGHT running and it wont boot into it, it flashes the boards lights but like posted up a few it times out errors out and wont do anything. I do have boot pins soldered in so all I have to do is jumper them and even then through BASEFLIGHT it wont do it or let me flash the board .... Im to the point of pulling the board out tossing in a junk pile as seems nobody knows much about it, for the few that have BASEFLIGHT working its fine but there is many out here it wont work and leaves for a dead weight or flight controller you cant work with. Ive tried 4 computers to run it nothing, so im really at a loss to what to do. Sure I can fly the thing around do minor tuning on it but if I ever want to flash it change something more I cant .... Id really like to get BASEFLIGHT to see it and let me flash the board im not sure why I want to flash it but seems maybe something newer might be out there and work better. Thanks for the help but right now jumping the boot pins dont do anything trying to flash the board fails anything to do with BASEFLIGHT dont seem to want to work. Now when I do jumper the boot pins lower part of the screen where it has something to say about packets that will read 0 ZERO when the boot pins are jumper-ed, but with boot pins not jumper-ed it counts down 1-5 than says timeout. not sure if that says anything. Again it came loaded from READYFLY and i can fly it change basic things through it but to re-flash it or upload a new file to the board is a no can do.I dont want to trash this board just cause i cant flash it with something new or change a few settings but I dont want a half working board or one I cant work with or around.

kilby

Post by kilby »

You don't have to use Base flight, you can use any terminal package (Putty being a common choice)

Bearcubb

Re:

Post by Bearcubb »

kilby wrote:You don't have to use Base flight, you can use any terminal package (Putty being a common choice)

KIBY, like what one? Like I posted number of times I am using Multiwii now BUT you cant go into the file and remove the line that starts up the motors on arming.... Sure I can set most things through the Multiwii program BUT cant flash the board with a new file or a few other items... So which other programs out there will work on the Naze32 board where you can write to the script or flash with a new file?

timecop

Post by timecop »

Again it came loaded from READYFLY

Wait what, you're bitching about something from clonespy not working?
No surprise there. Maybe you shoulda started your post with that bit of information.

Bearcubb

Post by Bearcubb »

timecop wrote:

No surprise there. Maybe you shoulda started your post with that bit of information.

Timecop, why so snippy whats wrong with Readyfly? is this not a forum where people are to try and help others that dont know that much or have a problem? IM just trying to get something in the air and that i can program, Ive never had a Flip 1.5 or 32 so bought one of each to place in a few mini250s not get all jumped on about a shop that sells items or type of board. All i have read from videos groups and uses all say the same thing Flip32 and Naze32 is the same thing and same programs and files so where is the problem ?

timecop

Post by timecop »

If you don't see where the problem is, there's not much I can do to help you.

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

Bearcubb wrote:
timecop wrote:

Timecop, why so snippy whats wrong with Readyfly? is this not a forum where people are to try and help others that dont know that much or have a problem? IM just trying to get something in the air and that i can program, Ive never had a Flip 1.5 or 32 so bought one of each to place in a few mini250s not get all jumped on about a shop that sells items or type of board. All i have read from videos groups and uses all say the same thing Flip32 and Naze32 is the same thing and same programs and files so where is the problem ?

Timecop develops & Manufactures the NAZE32 flight controller.

the Flip32 Flight controller you bought from Readytoflyquads.com is a direct clone of the Naze32, and that is why Timecop will no longer be of any assistance.

Please refer to the NAZE32 manual, page 10 for the information you need: http://www.abusemark.com/downloads/naze32_rev2.pdf
Once you have connected to your flight control board using PuTTY (as per the manual) you just need to enter the following commands:
feature -motor_stop
save
exit
Then you are done.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

ReadyTofry should have directions on how to flash or documentation, also might ask them for tech support.
Also english is 2nd language for Timecop so it might be that he just doesn't understand your english, might have a easier time w/ Readytofry speaking the same language.

I think you will be able to flash the board manually as well as connecting to CLI via a serial terminal program.

ALSO! Motors spin when armed for a reason on baseflight, unless you are just hovering a whole pack, then it won't make much difference.

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

here's a guide I wrote on flashing new firmware to the Flip32 board:
http://oddcopter.com/installing-firmwar ... ght-board/

Bearcubb

Post by Bearcubb »

subaru4wd wrote:here's a guide I wrote on flashing new firmware to the Flip32 board:
http://oddcopter.com/installing-firmwar ... ght-board/

Subaru4wd, I loaded the Putty program typed in a few commands and all is fine thanks...
Now flashing the firmware might be a trick Ive dont my KK2 boards and my Esc(s) flashed all them my CC3d FC too but
kinda scared of this FLIP32 and it should have been flashed with new as not many updates if any but then Ive not been able to read much on updating or
flashing the Flip32 board. I know when I did the KK2 boards made a wold of difference...same with my Esc(s) made flight lots smoother.
Dont want to brick this thing lol But I did want to say thanks for all your help and for Timecop sorry did not buy the board to protest your board thought was the same
as many things online lots of kickoffs and sorry you did not make anything from the sale. Just yours the Naze32 is not anywhere to be found for sale right now.

JPHOWELL

Post by JPHOWELL »

subaru4wd

Can't you just flash the firmware with the Baseflight firmware updater tool.

kilby

Post by kilby »

Sorry tapatalk didn't show this thread as having updated otherwise I would have responded earlier.

Yeah putty and I would have pointed you to the Naze manual page that covers connecting to it.

From a support side stating the board.model and software version makes things easier for anybody who is trying to help.

Sadly if it's not a proper Naze32 produced by timecop you won't get a lot of help from him (not surprisingly)

The Naze wiki provides a decent amount.of info to get you on the road

bicycle

Post by bicycle »

buy shitty clone board, get shitty clone support, deal with shitty clone bugs. why are you surprised