Cleanflight aka Multiwii port to STM32 F10x and F30x

Pierre_A

Re: Cleanflight aka Multiwii port to STM32 F10x and F30x

Post by Pierre_A »

scrat wrote:What about FrSky?

Would be great for many Cleanflight users..

However, implementing such two-ways interactions between Cleanflight and the user requires an opened protocol
1 - to adress directly the display of the TX
and
2 – to identify and filter the keyboard events.

I don’t know the FrSky system (never owned any) but looking rapidly at the Taranis documents, I don’t see such opened protocol unless the firmware was improved recently.
IMHO, the only way this could be attainable is first to give OpenTX such capacity.

strips

Post by strips »

The smart port on X-series RX can be configured in different modes. If any of the modes can enable Taranis to communicate with Cleanflight I don't know. This looks interesting http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-sp2uart-2.html. Or maybe softserial is enough.

Pierre_A

Re:

Post by Pierre_A »

strips wrote:The smart port on X-series RX can be configured in different modes. If any of the modes can enable Taranis to communicate with Cleanflight I don't know. This looks interesting http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-sp2uart-2.html. Or maybe softserial is enough.

The question is not on the hardware side as any bidirectional port can be used with appropriate settings.
But both firmwares (FC and TX) have to exchange datas using a common protocol for sending, receiving and treating informations.
Graupner offers such a possibility based on precise timing and structure for datas (called text mode) but I have not seen that with the current OpenTX version. Would be nice such a protocol to be coded in OpenTx and (better) on the same timing and data structures..

JanJoh

Post by JanJoh »

Hello!

I found the following thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 101&page=2 which indicates that Cleanflight should be able to handle XBus?
But i cannot find any documentation that actually verifies this.

So, basically.. Is JR Radio + RG831 Receiver in XBUS mode a workable combination to do single cable connect between Receiver and a Naze32 (Ok, I think i have a flip-clone)?

Also, the thread mentions hooking a JR Satelite (or rather a http://www.aligntrexstore.com/RJ01-DMSS ... _2664.html) directly to the board... is this also workable?

Edit: Well.. now i feel silly.. I spent last night trying to figure out this... And now, moments after posting, i find https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... docs/Rx.md

So, i guess the answer is "yes" and "yes"? :)

Edit2:
Now i read "To use this receiver you must power it with 3V from the hardware, and then connect the serial line as other serial RX receivers." But on http://www.align-trex.co.uk/rj01-dmss-r ... 15001.html they claim 9-12V? Does it still operate properly with 3.3VDC?

Edit3:
Ehm, and of course, how do I bind the Align receiver to the transmitter? I cannot seem to find a user guide?

izeman

Post by izeman »

i plan to buy a 32bit board for cleanflight. i will need frsky telemetry, mtk gps, bluetooth for configuring and rgb leds. maybe sonor?!
this will be installed in a 450 quad.
the flip32+ looks good price wise. i have a hardware level inverter already, so is there any benefit in investing the premium into a naze32+ which is around 50-100% more expensive?!
edit: i ordered a flip32+ now. i hope i didn't save on the wrong end.

waltr

Post by waltr »

Nope, I think the Flip32 and the other clones are better the the real Naze. Its what I have been using.
One thing I think is better is the connections for the RX. The original naze has issues with the pads tearing off the board.

JohnOCFII

Post by JohnOCFII »

izeman wrote:edit: i ordered a flip32+ now. i hope i didn't save on the wrong end.

From what I've read, technically, people have been very satisfied with the Flip32 and Flip32+. There have been some negative comments on speed of shipping, or customer support. Hopefully, those issues have been resolved.

waltr

Post by waltr »

Paul seems variable with shipping, etc. I've never had a problem and do NOT expect items to be shipped fast as he states on the web site.

There are a few other boards available:
Naze32 Clones and Flip32 clones in both Acro and full versions.
All of these newer boards work well.

IceWind

Post by IceWind »

Pierre_A wrote:
scrat wrote:What about FrSky?

Would be great for many Cleanflight users..

However, implementing such two-ways interactions between Cleanflight and the user requires an opened protocol
1 - to adress directly the display of the TX
and
2 – to identify and filter the keyboard events.

I don’t know the FrSky system (never owned any) but looking rapidly at the Taranis documents, I don’t see such opened protocol unless the firmware was improved recently.
IMHO, the only way this could be attainable is first to give OpenTX such capacity.

This may be possible using the LUA scrips in the openTX FW if not it would be a good request for them.
With he LUA scripts you can create interactive and graphical menus in the radio thing is I see in the reference guide how to read telemetry data but I see no methods to send data.

Ekci

Post by Ekci »

So, the flying season is here! Which PID Controller should I use now? Harakiri? :)
What do you think?

waltr

Post by waltr »

Ekci wrote:So, the flying season is here! Which PID Controller should I use now? Harakiri? :)
What do you think?

Currently the three favorites by people that have tried them all are 2, 3 & 5. Different people with different flying styles seen to like one of these over the others better.
I have one in each Profile on my two mini-H's so I can tune and compare.
Try them and let us know which you like best and why.

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

Pierre_A

Post by Pierre_A »

IceWind wrote:This may be possible using the LUA scrips in the openTX FW if not it would be a good request for them.
With he LUA scripts you can create interactive and graphical menus in the radio thing is I see in the reference guide how to read telemetry data but I see no methods to send data.

Gimbal wrote:ice_wind, scat

fw---> FRSKY
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1914834

thks for the infos,
but I don't think these scripts are sufficient as I don't see any bidirectionnal capability for any other information than the data sent by the telemetry sensors. But maybe I misread the first documents and need a deeper analysis of the OpenTX.

Heath

Post by Heath »

I'm hoping someone here, maybe one of the developers, can give me an answer to my question. I run CleanFlight on a Swift32 (Naze32 clone from FreebirdRC.com - incredible vendor and I love the board) on a scratch built 500. I'm about to buy another one for a 250FPV racer. I want to incorporate the LED strips into both quads. However, my radio receiver only supports PWM, not PPM. As it currently stands, I understand I would need to change to a PPM capable receiver to use the LED strips. But, to do this, I would need to change the module in my transmitter which drives up the cost. I'd rather put that money toward more batteries!

I've heard a rumor that version 1.8 will increase the flexibility of pin assignments on the Naze32. Is this true? And, with 1.8 (or a version soon after) will I be able to use a PWM receiver AND have LED strip control? This is literally the one little piece of information I'm waiting on to place the order for all the parts to build the 250.

--Oz--

Post by --Oz-- »

timecop wrote:Just for the record, I do not approve of the direction, file structure, or overall attitude of this particular fork, and specifically the waste of developer time that will ensue from this silliness.

"overall Attitude", LMAO & ROTFLOL, I literally fell out of my chair, nothing has a larger attitude than himself, pretty f-ing funny, him using the attitude card from the king of attitude himself!

My naze was sold long ago, now I fly the higher quality mullet's (yes I seen your QC control issues with Chris, that's why I buy his mullets now) with cleanflight (cleaning up your FW), baseflight is not allowed on any of my FC any more. Harakiri PID controller and cleanflight rocks, it's fun to fly again, what a 3 month waist of time with BS.

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

--Oz-- wrote:
"overall Attitude", LMAO & ROTFLOL, I literally fell out of my chair, nothing has a larger attitude than himself, pretty f-ing funny, him using the attitude card from the king of attitude himself!

My naze was sold long ago, now I fly the higher quality mullet's (yes I seen your QC control issues with Chris, that's why I buy his mullets now) with cleanflight (cleaning up your FW), baseflight is not allowed on any of my FC any more. Harakiri PID controller and cleanflight rocks, it's fun to fly again, what a 3 month waist of time with BS.

Speaking of a waste of time.
Just what would you call your post?

IceWind

Post by IceWind »

Pierre_A wrote:thks for the infos,
but I don't think these scripts are sufficient as I don't see any bidirectionnal capability for any other information than the data sent by the telemetry sensors. But maybe I misread the first documents and need a deeper analysis of the OpenTX.

No you read it right, I wasn't 100% and hopped in the mean time they added such functionality.
But turns out they didn't. I asked in the OpenTX forum and it is still not there maybe soon it will be added.

There is one way to do it, but it requires some S.Port <> UART converters.
(These: http://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-s.por ... -adc-ports)

Pierre_A

Post by Pierre_A »

IceWind wrote:
Pierre_A wrote:thks for the infos,

No you read it right, I wasn't 100% and hopped in the mean time they added such functionality.
But turns out they didn't. I asked in the OpenTX forum and it is still not there maybe soon it will be added.

There is one way to do it, but it requires some S.Port <> UART converters.
(These: http://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-s.por ... -adc-ports)

thks for asking in the OpenTX forum.
When you say there is one way to do it, what are you thinking of ? (as the main question is on the software side).

zatalian

Post by zatalian »

A new season, time again to experiment some more with my naze32 + cleanflight

* thank you very much for the frsky sbus failsafe patch in the latest development version!! Last season, i could not figure out why failsafe wasn't working... Now it's working!!!
* the differences between transmitter pulses and cleanflight pulses are gone. No idea if it was a taranis firmware update or cleanflight update that fixed that problem, but i'm happy.

I added a bluetooth module (cheap chinese HC-05) to my naze32. Communication is working very good, but i can't update the firmware over it. Is this normal? Can somebody confirm that updating the firmware over bluetooth is possible?

Thank you very much for a great product!

Arakon

Post by Arakon »

I just got a CC3D set up with cleanflight on a ZMR250 clone.
3S, DYS 1806, BlueSeries 12A with BLHeli 13.1, Oneshot enabled, 5030 props, AUW is 560g. Using the MWii 2.3 PID controller (#3).

First outside flight showed three issues:

1) A flip over the roll axis worked very fast and smoothly. I tried to do a front flip and the quad seemed to simply stop at a certain angle and almost crashed cause of it. This is in horizon mode.

2) Flying in horizon mode, the controls feel quite sluggish, it's very slow to react to movement. As soon as the stick goes over 50 or 60% of the way, it goes into hard flip mode. I know horizon mode from multiwii, and there the controls are quite snappy even with lower PIDs and the transition to acro is much smoother.

3) Biggest issue: Massive Yaw overshoot. If I do a 360° spin in place, it will overshoot by 90-180°. I've never seen anything like this happen on other FCs.

Video of the failed front flip and the overshoot (you can hear clearly where I stop turning and where the motors speed up again to continue the yaw movement):
http://youtu.be/Xm3fLKMJ3SU

I went all the way from P 1.0 to P 15.0, I 0.1 to I 0.7, D 0 to D10. Worst case I got major overshoot and then a bounce-back afterwards on top of it. Best case, it only turned 90° instead of 180°.
I even tried PID controller 5 just to see if it makes any difference.. nope, same effect.
I tried Angle mode as well. Same issue, no change.
I tried Acro, and while not as pronounced, the issue exists even there.
I flashed openpilot back on the board, set it up, and put the Yaw mode as "Axis lock". I immediately had fully locked in Yaw, the same way I as I am used to it from multiwii.

Could there be some issue with the board rotation? I have mine rotated 90° to the left (CCW) and set the rotation to 270° in the GUI, which is what it is supposed to be according to another forum. Also, the 3d quad reacts correctly. Nontheless it seems like the quad is actually applying yaw corrections in the wrong direction.. adding to the direction rather than counteracting it.
I'm doubly confused because in Openpilot I have to set the board orientation to 90°, while on the CC3D, it's 270.

Could it be related to the yaw_direction or yaw_control_direction? I found basically no information on these two values.

Any ideas?

Edit: To compare, this is the exact same hardware, but with Openpilot flashed to the board instead of Cleanflight:
https://youtu.be/4TVChfqVob8
Attachments
pids.jpg

Kork123

Post by Kork123 »

So i went out and tested. First test i ran pid 3.3/0,030/23. Hovers ok and i hit autotune. The dmn thing starts beeping and does its thing while climbing FAST. I lower throttle but it still climbs. I cut throttle and get it to fall and then throttle up but now its unflyable so i just let it crash. Next test i run same pid and it hovers nice as before but as soon as i try to fly it as normal it gets unflyable. As before it rolls right and piches back more and more until it flipps.

Im on fw 1.7.2 of cleanfligt. I have old MW pid selected. All motors are correct and spinning correct. Esc camib done many times. Rctmer 2300kv w simonk 20a esc. Im used to tuning in with osilations in pid but this is far from that. It feels like its building up some errors more and more as i hover/fly.
Please give advise but not the chech connectios and stuff... Done all that many many times. Could it be ppm mode not handeling channels ? Frsky d4r rx.

Or maybe its vibrations causing this

waltr

Post by waltr »

You just need to tune the PIDs and Rates manually, auto-tune still has issues with many copters. Tune in ACRO mode first doing the Pitch and Roll, then do the Yaw PIDs. Finally switch the Angle mode and tune the LEVEL PIDs.
Also try Pid controllers 3 and 5, I like this best. Setup Profile 1 for PIDC3 and Profile 2 for PIDC 5. Then you can easily switch between them with a stick command.

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Hi,
was the latest airplane (BF) code from PatrikE integrated in CF ? I ask because I don't see FW_FAILSAFE_RTH in the feature list ...
If not, does anyone know how good PH and RTH are in CF for airplanes ?

Wytehawk

Post by Wytehawk »

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the PID Tuning tab in Configurator 0.62.1.

Once connected, I can look at and make changes to all the tabs for my board (Naze32 acro - firmware 1.7.2) except for the PID Tuning.

Whenever I click on this tab I get the "Waiting for Data" screen and the app hangs. I can no longer select any other tab, my only option is to hit disconnect and start again.

This started happening after I tried to restore the settings from a previous firmware (it was back in December - I don't remember what version firmware I had on it at the time.)

I have tried reflashing the firmware with a full chip erase and the problem persists, so I'm stuck as to where to go from here...

Anybody have any idea what is going on?

Cheers

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

version 1.8 latest stable firmware, looptime defaults to 0 after flashing is there a reason for this...?

naze 32 board... normal defualt is 3500..?

athertop

Post by athertop »

I'm running cf on Sparky v1. Would like to add Bluetooth. Plan to run GPS as well as telemetry so the serial ports will be occupied. Is it possible to get Bluetooth adapter which plugs into the USB port?

athertop

Post by athertop »

Have installed GPS on my Sparky (on UART1) - working fine. Altitude for my home location reads 120m which is fairly accurate.
I also have Telemetry enabled via SmartPort on UART3 connected to FrSky X8R. I am getting GPS coordinates on Taranis plus just fine, but for the life of me I can't figure out where the Taranis is getting the Altitude readings from, as its showing silly values (I would have expected from the barometer but see no way of calibrating this). Te values on the Taranis Plus are showing:
Alt = 3862.5m
Alt+ = 3863m
Alt- = 0

I would have expected it to be a bit closer to the 120m I am actually located above SL.

Is the telemetry a work in progress?

Cheers, Paul

Witsend

Post by Witsend »

Hi guys, I will try to keep this as brief as possible. I am trying to use CF, a recent stable say 1.7.2 on the STM32 F103xxx development board. It has become a little hard to manage with the I2C sensors which I am stacking on 4 header pins and direct soldering the Vcc, Gnd, SDA and SCL with jumpers to the associated pinouts on the board.
I went for separate sensors on breakout boards, and so have the GY521 ( gyro/acc) on the bottom and the GY-273 (Mag) next stacked on long header pins. I will put the Barometer on top of this.
I knew that there was going to be some adjustment in the CLI to account for the
problem immediately arising with the pin out on the Mag. One must flip and the board which has the wrong axis layout anyway. But then upon reading the default axis for the MPU6050 Gyro/Accel, I see that the axis as indicated on the lowest board pictured above is incorrect as well.The default axis for it are X forward, Y right, Z up.

Could someone be so kind as to offer up the solution to this CLI edit please?

Maybe it would be better to layout the sensors on one single horizontal plane, and also use the slave I2C inputs (XDA and XCL)of the GY-521 for the fusion and filtering of the Magnetometer and take advantage of the DMP.
So far I have not been able to determine if Cleanflight utilize this proprietary FW or if it just "Works" I am open to suggestion here. I read that in 2012 Invensense gave DIYDrones the permission to implement their DMP firmware in the Arducopter Opensource code, and so do all opensource FC's have access to this by the same token.
Thank you for your considered advise

Thanks and here is a big shout out to Dom C for the great works that is Cleanflight. I have never looked back. :-)

athertop

Post by athertop »

Is there a way to represent the GPS lock status on the LED strip? I'm guessing no, as I don't see an option but wondered whether Dominic might consider such a feature enhancement?

Dave Pitman

Post by Dave Pitman »

This looks very useful ! Have you submitted a PR yet?

Pierre_A wrote:For HoTT Graupner users..

I coded an interactive Text Mode in Cleanflight so that you can check and edit Cleanflight parameters directly from your TX as you do it with CLI in the Cleanflight-Configurator.
As shown on the image below (views of the TX display), you access to specific pages through 2 selection pages using the arrows and buttons of the TX.
Each page (today 10 but this is not restrictive) mainly resumes informations as structured and listed on different tabs of the Configurator.

Each parameter can be modified as usual on the TX with the aid of the Set button and Up/Down arrows, then applied on real time and (if desired) saved in EEPROM.

The Text Mode is not hardware specific and so should be available on any Cleanflight FC (up to now tested fine on Naze and CC3D).

This code is not merged in Cleanflight yet (Pull Request coming), but I can provide a .hex for testing in the meantime.
Thanks for your feedback.
PA
Hott%20TextMode%20pages.jpg

Pierre_A

Post by Pierre_A »

Dave Pitman wrote:This looks very useful ! Have you submitted a PR yet?

not yet, but it's coming... probably next week

Edit : done , https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/pull/792
Last edited by Pierre_A on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

athertop

Post by athertop »

athertop wrote:The values on the Taranis Plus are showing: Alt = 3862.5m

I would have expected it to be a bit closer to the 120m I am actually located above Sea Level.

I have found a potential bug in telemetry between frsky (Taranis Plus running OpenTX 2.0.15 with X4R Rx running latest EU f/w) and Sparky (v1 with Cleanflight 1.8.1). If you power the Taranis up first, then the quad, the altitude value displayed in telemetry on the Taranis appears as 7758m. If however you then restart the Taranis, the Altitude value is zeroed and shows a more usable/correct altitude. Not sure if this is an OpenTX issue, or a Cleanflight one. Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks, Paul

athertop

Post by athertop »

Guys I am trying to get telemetry from naze32 to frsky smartport. I built an inverter but can't get it to work. Anyone have a suitable circuit diagram of an inverter they know works OK? I have searched and no one diagram found suits naze32 and frsky perfectly. The one I copied to build mine was from multiple, but didn't work as I say. Anyone?
This is what I built :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/187bpjq19040t5x/Sketch293121125.jpg?dl=0

JohnOCFII

Post by JohnOCFII »

athertop wrote:
I have found a potential bug in telemetry between frsky (Taranis Plus running OpenTX 2.0.15 with X4R Rx running latest EU f/w) and Sparky (v1 with Cleanflight 1.8.1). If you power the Taranis up first, then the quad, the altitude value displayed in telemetry on the Taranis appears as 7758m. If however you then restart the Taranis, the Altitude value is zeroed and shows a more usable/correct altitude. Not sure if this is an OpenTX issue, or a Cleanflight one.

I wonder if there is some sort of syncing issue with the Naze32/Cleanflight and the FrSky telemetry on the Taranis? I'm in the final stages of building and bench testing a quad with a Naze clone (DragonFly 32 Pro). It is a fully loaded quad with FrSky telemetry and GPS on soft serial, Blackbox shared on USART1, and a MinimOSD on USART2. 95% of the time, it all seems to work, but on one test last night, the battery voltage was not displayed correctly on the Taranis, while it was showing correctly on the OSD, and in Cleanflight. I power cycled the quad, and the next time data showed up, it was correct in all places.

This is with Cleanflight 1.8.1 and OpenTX 2.0.13 on the Taranis Plus.

John

Feldsalat

Post by Feldsalat »

Wytehawk wrote:Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the PID Tuning tab in Configurator 0.62.1.

Once connected, I can look at and make changes to all the tabs for my board (Naze32 acro - firmware 1.7.2) except for the PID Tuning.

Whenever I click on this tab I get the "Waiting for Data" screen and the app hangs. I can no longer select any other tab, my only option is to hit disconnect and start again.

This started happening after I tried to restore the settings from a previous firmware (it was back in December - I don't remember what version firmware I had on it at the time.)

I have tried reflashing the firmware with a full chip erase and the problem persists, so I'm stuck as to where to go from here...

Anybody have any idea what is going on?

Cheers

Same Problem :cry:

athertop

Post by athertop »

JohnOCFII wrote: the battery voltage was not displayed correctly on the Taranis, while it was showing correctly on the OSD, and in Cleanflight. I power cycled the quad, and the next time data showed up, it was correct in all places.
John

John, I personally use the FrSky FLVSS LiPo Voltage Sensor hooked into the X8R Smart Port - gives accurate 'cell' (the lowest voltage cell) and 'cells' (overall LiPo voltage) readings on the Taranis plus individual cell voltages on one of the default telemetry pages. Its an awesome little device and super cheap, and very accurate. The 'Cell' value is perfect for setting the low battery alarm on the Taranis to (as its the lowest cell voltage)You can see one here: http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__58203__FrSky_FLVSS_LiPo_Voltage_Sensor_With_Smart_Port_1pc_.html

randymgn

Post by randymgn »

I ordered a WS2812B neopixel LED strip in hopes to make my mini quad more colorful, but im having some problems. I connected DI (Data in) to rc pin 5 on the naze, and the 5v and ground to the motor output pins which is powered by a 3a 5v bec. I entered the LEDs in the LED strip tab. The LEDs wont turn on. I set up the ledlow mode and switched it on and off, but that didn't do anything. I set my multimeter to measure amps and when i connect it then it flashes a random color for a fraction of a second, then turns off.

athertop

Post by athertop »

Do you have the led strip feature enabled?

ezio

Post by ezio »

Just to let you know. Flashing cleanflight is now possible from Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ht_flasher

Shual

Post by Shual »

wrote HIL mode support for loop testing cleanflight hardware with FlightGear. If cleanflight team interested for this feature can add it to project codebase after some testing

Gaijin

Post by Gaijin »

Finally got a Quanum Trifecta I bought on release up and functioning running cleanflight, what I can't do however is get MSP data out of the bluetooth connection via UART1 so I can configure in MW EZ-GUI on the go.

I know this combo works as it's functioned in the same layout with Taulabs (about the only thing that did on the Tricopter) but no dice with Cleanflight, what are the settings I require exactly, do I need to enable softserial, can I have the VCP enabled at the same time, should I output as telemetry not data.

I've never struggled with this before.

Anyway, now I've tweaked with the PIDS, I gotta say this is a nice setup

Gaijin

Post by Gaijin »

I also have have an afro mini in a fixed wing I have been testing but can't find the equivalent setting to this :fw_rth_alt = 50

When I active position hold the the model dives alarmingly, I'd like to raise the minimum height as a precaution however there maybe an issue with the alt hold, any thoughts?

ardufriki

Post by ardufriki »

IceWind wrote:
This may be possible using the LUA scrips in the openTX FW if not it would be a good request for them.

Can we use the LUA scripts in Turnigy 9x? I would be amazing to have MSP telemetry in my lcd screen. Thx.

ardufriki

Post by ardufriki »

Another question. I have a CC3D board (no baro, no mag). Im planning to install in an airplane setup with a serial ublox GPS attached.

Does cleanflight-fixedwing have RTH capabilities w/o baro and mag?

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Cleanflight don't have Gps functions for Fixedwing.
Only for visual functions on OSD.

AkaMrBill

Post by AkaMrBill »

I searched but could not find this mentioned in any detail that helps.

Flip32+ Deluxe v5
Cleanflight 1.9.0
Tricopter

The yaw servo move opposite of how it needs to move. I can invert the yaw from the TX, but Gyro/Acc correction is still reversed.
The GUI has known issues with the Servo tab, so it really doesn't help.
I know I have access to "Servo" via the CLI, but I can't seem to figure out exactly how to reverse the servo.

I guess my question has to do with how to reverse the servo via the CLI. There are two parameters on the command line I am not certain of.

Servo # (MIN) (MAX)(MID) (?) (?)
servo 3 1090 2000 1500 100 -1

What specifically does the "100" do and the "-1"?

Can I use -100 instead of 100 to reverse it, or 1 instead of -1?

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

For 1.9, tri yaw servo is #5, setting bit 0 of the rate field (i.e. 100 => 101) will reverse the servo.

Code: Select all

servo 5 1020 2000 1500 101 -1

In 1.10, you will use the smixer stanza instead:

Code: Select all

mixer TRI
mmix reset
smix reset
smix reverse 5 2 r

AkaMrBill

Post by AkaMrBill »

Thanks stronnag! That is exactly the information I was looking for.

That said, I now have another question. Obviously the answers you gave were available somewhere. I was not able to find it. Where did you get that information?

Setting the 0 bit in the rate, is not intuitive. How did you determine those were bits and a value? Additionally, with 1.10, it is a new approach. Where can I find detailed information about it?

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

AkaMrBill wrote:Thanks stronnag! That is exactly the information I was looking for.

That said, I now have another question. Obviously the answers you gave were available somewhere. I was not able to find it. Where did you get that information?

Setting the 0 bit in the rate, is not intuitive. How did you determine those were bits and a value? Additionally, with 1.10, it is a new approach. Where can I find detailed information about it?

For the 1.10 stuff, in the fine documentation https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/blob/master/docs/Mixer.md. For the older versions (1.9 and previous), either by reading the fine source code, or comparing CLI dumps for the reverse / non-reverse cases. Of course, when the firmware and the configurator were in sync, it was also possible from the configurator; hopefully this will be possible again when 1.10 is formally released, though I fear there are rather a lot of new changes that really need configurator support (new mixer, all the borisb filtering knobs etc.).

ardufriki

Post by ardufriki »

Hi, I have installed 1.9 in a CC3D board. When I reset it and connect the battery in order to have access to the configurator, the servos (analog ones) get very hot and "noisy".

If I install again Openpilot I dont have the issue. I suspect it has something to do with the PWM rate, but I dont know how to change it. There is a command in the CLI, but the command smix to make a custom mix doesnt exist in my CLI...