Cleanflight aka Multiwii port to STM32 F10x and F30x

madratbevco

Re: Cleanflight aka Multiwii port to STM32 F10x and F30x

Post by madratbevco »

Anyone know of the something similar to the wonderful LED controls that are in CleanFlight that will work with a standard MultiWii 2.5 board?

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

madratbevco wrote:Anyone know of the something similar to the wonderful LED controls that are in CleanFlight that will work with a standard MultiWii 2.5 board?

i dont think the processor on a multiwii board you mentioned is fast enough to cope with controlling the quad and sending all the data to get led strips working..

PIKE408

Post by PIKE408 »

Have a question guys just got my Naze32 today. I am new to this and Cleanflight. On Cleanflight on the first page there is a button that says reset z-axis. When this button is pressed does that set the current z-axis or will this need to be changed in the CLI if I want to run the board at an offset? Thanks !

strips

Post by strips »

strips wrote:It just dawned on me. It's not possible to invert an external mag i Cleanflight is it?

I have been messing around and finished my build with a mag on the GPS board. The mag is mounted on the underside of the GPS board. So I need to give it 180 deg roll.

Crap, now I have to get in to developing!

Was just me not getting the idea. It is possible with mag_align = 0-8.

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Hi Dominic,
will you be providing support for the Air Hero32 board (sensors on SPI) or will it be implicit in the Naze target as it is in the latest Baseflight ?

Arcicorsa

Post by Arcicorsa »

Hello, I need help. I tested Naze32 GPS functions. I have RY825AI GPS module connected to Naze. If I activate the GPS HOLD so copter trying to hold the position but it is not accurate, drift + -10 meters in all directions .. What should I adjust the settings in unit the copter and held the position more stable? I suppose that I should modify parameters POS, POSR, NAVR but do not know what that does. Could someone explain to me what these parameters do? I searched the documentation and found nothing which would have these parameters are described. Thank you in advance for your answers.

I´m sorry for my bad english..

TimJC

Post by TimJC »

PIKE408 wrote:Have a question guys just got my Naze32 today. I am new to this and Cleanflight. On Cleanflight on the first page there is a button that says reset z-axis. When this button is pressed does that set the current z-axis or will this need to be changed in the CLI if I want to run the board at an offset? Thanks !

The "reset z-axis" option on the first screen of the configurator is only used to reset the orientation of the onscreen 3D model. Board alignment can be changed on one of the other tabs in the configurator, or via the CLI. Be sure to verify the alignment change by viewing the 3D model on the initial tab while moving you multirotor around

Gaijin

Post by Gaijin »

Loving the work as always,

Small request though, can GPS info be added to the OLED display rotation, this will make it easy to verify lock and quality in the field. ***EDIT*** Aaand it already does that, I'm a fool !
Ideally the ability to choose which info screens are included / how fast they change etc would be nice although i realise this feature isn't the most popular so not high on the dev's prioritys, that's a shame as it's pretty awesome

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

Trying to get failsafe to work better and I can't find any info about these vars anywhere:

# get failsafe
failsafe_delay = 20
failsafe_off_delay = 200
failsafe_throttle = 1200
failsafe_min_usec = 985
failsafe_max_usec = 2115

failsafe.h doesn't help here at all:

Code: Select all

typedef struct failsafeConfig_s {
    uint8_t failsafe_delay;                 // Guard time for failsafe activation after signal lost. 1 step = 0.1sec - 1sec in example (10)
    uint8_t failsafe_off_delay;             // Time for Landing before motors stop in 0.1sec. 1 step = 0.1sec - 20sec in example (200)
    uint16_t failsafe_throttle;             // Throttle level used for landing - specify value between 1000..2000 (pwm pulse width for slightly below hover). center throttle = 1500.
    uint16_t failsafe_min_usec;
    uint16_t failsafe_max_usec;
} failsafeConfig_t;

But in failsafe.c, it looks like they are to set the minimum and maximum thresholds for PWM signal inputs to try and detect a good channel (or percentage of good channels) ? If so, are these ignored with PPM receiver input ?

Code: Select all

// pulse duration is in micro secons (usec)
void failsafeCheckPulse(uint8_t channel, uint16_t pulseDuration)
{
    static uint8_t goodChannelMask;

if (channel < 4 &&
        pulseDuration > failsafeConfig->failsafe_min_usec &&
        pulseDuration < failsafeConfig->failsafe_max_usec
    )
        goodChannelMask |= (1 << channel);       // if signal is valid - mark channel as OK

if (goodChannelMask == 0x0F) {               // If first four channels have good pulses, clear FailSafe counter
        goodChannelMask = 0;
        onValidDataReceived();
    }
}

Whatever these do, they could likely use a bit of renaming, since there's really no indication on why one would adjust them or how to use them.

Edit: retraction - it's Google that needs to get a better crawl of the Cleanflight *md docs in the repo. It's in there (although, the variables still could use some renaming). All in good time…

-=dave
Last edited by tungsten2k on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Arcicorsa wrote:Hello, I need help. I tested Naze32 GPS functions. I have RY825AI GPS module connected to Naze. If I activate the GPS HOLD so copter trying to hold the position but it is not accurate, drift + -10 meters in all directions .. What should I adjust the settings in unit the copter and held the position more stable? I suppose that I should modify parameters POS, POSR, NAVR but do not know what that does. Could someone explain to me what these parameters do? I searched the documentation and found nothing which would have these parameters are described. Thank you in advance for your answers.

There are many discussions concerning GPS + PH in the Harakiri forum. You need more than 6 sats ( 8 ... 9.. +) to get good PH. You will also want to fine tune your UBLOX GPS (download U-blox U-center). There are many UBLOX scripts on the Harakiri forum and many configuration examples. Be ready to do a lot of reading !

JamieHarwood

Post by JamieHarwood »

Hi,

Is there a www page where I can see what is going in to the next build of CleanFlight?

MikeDalton

Post by MikeDalton »

JamieHarwood wrote:Hi,

Is there a www page where I can see what is going in to the next build of CleanFlight?

https://github.com/cleanflight

alistairr

Post by alistairr »

leocopter wrote:
Arcicorsa wrote:Hello, I need help. I tested Naze32 GPS functions. I have RY825AI GPS module connected to Naze. If I activate the GPS HOLD so copter trying to hold the position but it is not accurate, drift + -10 meters in all directions .. What should I adjust the settings in unit the copter and held the position more stable? I suppose that I should modify parameters POS, POSR, NAVR but do not know what that does. Could someone explain to me what these parameters do? I searched the documentation and found nothing which would have these parameters are described. Thank you in advance for your answers.

There are many discussions concerning GPS + PH in the Harakiri forum. You need more than 6 sats ( 8 ... 9.. +) to get good PH. You will also want to fine tune your UBLOX GPS (download U-blox U-center). There are many UBLOX scripts on the Harakiri forum and many configuration examples. Be ready to do a lot of reading !

Did I miss something? Is Harakiri now part of Cleanflight or at least the GPS part of it anyway? Or are they still different systems?

pct06

Post by pct06 »

dominicclifton wrote:../..

My experience with the Flip32+ has been very positive so far - for my use the only thing missing is a built in inverter for the FrSky telemetry output. Really like having the +5V and GND next to the IO ports and RC inputs. My wiring for the Flip32+ was much tidier than on the Naze32 which has head pins all over the place.

Hi Dominic and bravo for your hard work.

I have an issue trying to setup BOTH FrSky Telemetry and LEDSTRIP on this Flip32 board from Banggood http://www.banggood.com/Naze32-Flight-C ... 53849.html that really looks like the same as the Flip32+ from witespyquad http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/the-flip32-249.html that you tested.

To have the 2 working simultaneously, Telemetry has to be on UART to avoid enabling SOFTSERIAL as SOFTSERIAL and Led_strip cannot run together. But apparenlty the missing inverter prevent Frsy Telemetry to work on UART on Flip32+. Correct ? Do you think it will the same on my Banggood FC ?

I made a lot of testing since 2 days and at some time, I saw telemetry on UART and LEDs working but having not saved the config, I lost it and I am not unable to find it again.

Thanks ofr your help

flip32 Banggood.JPG
Last edited by pct06 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strips

Post by strips »

pct06 wrote:

My experience with the Flip32+ has been very positive so far - for my use the only thing missing is a built in inverter for the FrSky telemetry output. Really like having the +5V and GND next to the IO ports and RC inputs. My wiring for the Flip32+ was much tidier than on the Naze32 which has head pins all over the place.

Hi Dominic and barvo for your hard work.

I have an issue trying to setup BOTH FrSky Telemetry and LEDSTRIP on this Flip32 board from Banggood http://www.banggood.com/Naze32-Flight-C ... 53849.html that really looks like the same as the Flip32+ from witespyquad http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/the-flip32-249.html that you tested.

To have the 2 working simultaneously, Telemetry has to be on UART to avoid enabling SOFTSERIAL as SOFTSERIAL and Led_strip cannot run together. But apparenlty the missing inverter prevent Frsy Telemetry to work on UART on Flip32+. Correct ? Do you think it will the same on my Banggood FC ?

I made a lot of testing since 2 days and at some time, I saw telemetry on UART and LEDs working but having not saved the config, I lost it and I am not unable to find it again.

Thanks ofr your help

flip32 Banggood.JPG

A flip32 doesn't have inverter on telemetry. And that pic looks like a flip32.

There are several descriptions on how to make one or you could buy one separatly.

ColinC

Post by ColinC »

by stronnag » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:45 pm

I've been using the new MSP telemetry with softserial and a 433 Mhz 3DR radio. Recently I thought that "set emf_avoidance = 1" might be a good idea to avoid any CPU 6th order 72Mhz harmonics on the 3DR; it is not, as softserial eventually dies at 80Mhz and requires a reboot to start again. I guess there is a hard timing dependency on 72Mhz for softserial?

With "set emf_avoidance = 0" there are a few MSP checksum errors, but this is far preferable to the telemetry dying with warning.

Hi stronnag, would you mind explaining what the issue is here, and what were your findings in the end?
I have a 433 3dr radio in close proximity tp a 72MHz ARM, so I'm very interested in what you found out.

Thanks very much,
Colin

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

Hi Colin,

I have currently no real 3DR issues on CF @72Mhz, so I'haven't tried 80Mhz since. Now you've reminded me. I will try and remember to retest. If I do (remember), you'll read about first here.

-stronnag

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

alistairr wrote:
leocopter wrote:

Did I miss something? Is Harakiri now part of Cleanflight or at least the GPS part of it anyway? Or are they still different systems?

They are definitely different systems. Harakiri is built on an older code base. GPS functionality has largely been ported (or heavily inspired by MultiWii). PH algorithms have been developed by guys in the APM community ... and navigation on MultiWii is maintained by EOSbandi ... CrashPilot (in Harakiri) has improved the code. There is no true 'single project'. Would MultiWii even exist without Arduino ? ... and as we know Baseflight is a port of MultiWii. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone came back to the true spirit of Open source instead of all this bickering and hostility between projects ?

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

pct06 wrote:

Thanks ofr your help

flip32 Banggood.JPG

Hi,
I have been using some Flip32 and Flip32 + from Witespy, MyRcMart and MultiRotorMania. They all work well with functionality equal to the Naze32. Pin out is better. I have extensively discussed FRSKY telemetry on the (I hesitate to mention ...) Harakiri forum : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3524&start=1300.
Cleanflight has Softserial (Harakiri does not) which is powerful : You can 'softly' invert the Tx output signal (for use in FRSKY) or you can use a signal inverter : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... Cable.html or build one (logical .NOT. gate) ... see the schematics in the above link.
Harakiri also gives you the choice of the Mavlink protocol : use MP, the original MinimOSD, a MavLink to FRSKY converter board (a flashed Pro Mini) ...

*** the SWD header voltage is wrong on your Flip32 board picture : it is 3.3 v not 5v. So you can use that to power your I2C devices ... because the voltage on the I2C header is 5 v ... beware of what you want to power !

ColinC

Post by ColinC »

stronnag wrote:Hi Colin,

I have currently no real 3DR issues on CF @72Mhz, so I'haven't tried 80Mhz since. Now you've reminded me. I will try and remember to retest. If I do (remember), you'll read about first here.

-stronnag

Cool. Thanks.
Colin

pct06

Post by pct06 »

leocopter wrote:
pct06 wrote:

Thanks ofr your help

flip32 Banggood.JPG

Hi,
I have been using some Flip32 and Flip32 + from Witespy, MyRcMart and MultiRotorMania. They all work well with functionality equal to the Naze32. Pin out is better. I have extensively discussed FRSKY telemetry on the (I hesitate to mention ...) Harakiri forum : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3524&start=1300.
Cleanflight has Softserial (Harakiri does not) which is powerful : You can 'softly' invert the Tx output signal (for use in FRSKY) or you can use a signal inverter : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... Cable.html or build one (logical .NOT. gate) ... see the schematics in the above link.
Harakiri also gives you the choice of the Mavlink protocol : use MP, the original MinimOSD, a MavLink to FRSKY converter board (a flashed Pro Mini) ...

*** the SWD header voltage is wrong on your Flip32 board picture : it is 3.3 v not 5v. So you can use that to power your I2C devices ... because the voltage on the I2C header is 5 v ... beware of what you want to power !

Ok. Maybe a stupids suggestion (and it could be for sure ;) ) but:
a. if the only way to run Telemetry is to enable SOFTSERIAL and connect on RC5/6 or RC7/8 and as this is not compatible with LED control (what the reason BTW?), why not run LED on Serial/UART port ? (which I guess on my card is UART 2? )
b. Or is there any mean to enable SOFTSERIAL only on port 4 for example (RC7/8), leaving RC5 for Led control ?

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

AFAIK, there are not enough hardware timers on the naze32/flip32 hardware to run both softserial and leds.

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

@pct06 : You can't use LED_STRIP with SoftSerial (they both use RC pin 5) : https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... edStrip.md

Why don't use use the UART header (no SoftSerial required) with feature TELEMETRY enabled and use a hardware inverter ? In this case, telemetry data is only sent when the copter is ARMED.
Then you can use RC pin 5 for LED_STRIP.

Tell us if it works.

pct06

Post by pct06 »

leocopter wrote:@pct06 : You can't use LED_STRIP with SoftSerial (they both use RC pin 5) : https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... edStrip.md

Why don't use use the UART header (no SoftSerial required) with feature TELEMETRY enabled and use a hardware inverter ? In this case, telemetry data is only sent when the copter is ARMED.
Then you can use RC pin 5 for LED_STRIP.

Tell us if it works.

Just ordered an inverter. Will get back to confirm it works.

Thanks again for your support.

silpstream

Post by silpstream »

Hi,

I was wondering if there were discussions/efforts previously about running cleanflight off of a MapleMini board (my searches didn't return anything). I have some, back from the initial days when they just launched (clones are now just $4 a piece). The MapleMini has a stm32f10x processor (same as naze32) and for the most part enough pins are broken out and it has 2 set of VRegs on board.

However we realistically only have access to 11 of the timer pins, but if we run as PPM and take out 2 more for USART2, then we still have 8 more to run servos or motors. Hook this up to a IMU module like the gy-80 or gy-86 and we have the basics of a FC with more accessible pins than the naze32 breaks out (possibly for extra softserial functions, or with some reassignment of pins we can have SPI).

I did an initial compile with fake_acc and fake_gyro, programmed over FTDI->USART1, and successfully connected to Configurator. PWM mapping and some reassignment of pins needs to be done, but I wanted to see if anyone has already done this (and succeeded or failed) before I pursue this further. Especially if this leads to a dead end.

Thanks for any input! :D

colebz

Post by colebz »

I need some help. I'm using cleanflight 1.7 on a dragonfly32 pro and trying to get gps configured using pwm. I set UART2 for gps and connected tx and rx from the gps to 3 and 4 on the fc. moved throttle and rudder to 5 and 6. Gps works now but when I check the reciever tab in the gui aux 1 is throttle and aux 2 is rudder. Is there something I missed? I thought when enabling UART2 with pwm it takes over the place of 3 and 4, moving the channels down the line and reducing the amount of aux channels. It seems like the tx/rx for gps just replaced throttle and rudder instead of moving them.

atomiclama

Post by atomiclama »

Just popped in to say a big

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

I have just tried PID = 2 on my quad. Default PID settings and I'm amazed at the difference :o

The wobbles that I have been unable to tune out - gone
My rolls that are different in one direct to the other - sorted.
The twitches on descent - vanished.
Just sat there in the wind with a little twitch every now and again.

Thoroughly chuffed with this controller, one happy customer.

Only problem is the rates that I have are now far too high for this PID, going to go back to 0 and tune again.

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

leocopter wrote:Hi Dominic,
will you be providing support for the Air Hero32 board (sensors on SPI) or will it be implicit in the Naze target as it is in the latest Baseflight ?

If someone sends me one I can take a look into it.

https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/issues/483

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

colebz wrote:I need some help. I'm using cleanflight 1.7 on a dragonfly32 pro and trying to get gps configured using pwm. I set UART2 for gps and connected tx and rx from the gps to 3 and 4 on the fc. moved throttle and rudder to 5 and 6. Gps works now but when I check the reciever tab in the gui aux 1 is throttle and aux 2 is rudder. Is there something I missed? I thought when enabling UART2 with pwm it takes over the place of 3 and 4, moving the channels down the line and reducing the amount of aux channels. It seems like the tx/rx for gps just replaced throttle and rudder instead of moving them.

Interesting, i thought this was fixed a while ago. You should be able to change the mapping to get something that works though. Something like 'AE34TR12'. Please keep me posted.

abormor

Post by abormor »

HI,

I have try to use the display with the naze board, it works, but each time the screen changes the beeper beeps and seems to be a reset of the system, is this normal?

I feel that would be very interesting if we could use the display feature to change PID´s with the TX sticks. I think that would be very good to change parameters in the flying field without the need of a computer or a bluetooth and android phone.

Thank you Dominic for your work, it has improve a lot how my copters fly!!

Baratas

Post by Baratas »

Hi Dominic, is there any chance that cc3d will support 6 channel pwm for hexacopters?

Animal60

Post by Animal60 »

First of all a big thanks to all the people who managed to port cleanflite to the CC3D.
I setup cleanflite on a CC3D all went well but I have a couple of questions.
I am running a frsky D4R-II into the controller with CPPM and am trying to get 2 additional outputs from switches things like lost model ect.
Assuming it worked the same as the naze32 I enabled servo tilt and was trying to get output via aux 3 and 4 (set servo to aux 3 and 4) and using the first 2 PWM outputs. But have not been able to get it to work.
Does this feature work on the CC3D ????????.

Shual

Post by Shual »

Hi! can the cleanflight work in "hardware in loop" mode (with flight simulators), like a baseflight or multiwii ?

argotera

Post by argotera »

@animal 60.

Have you tried servo flag 4? That should work. Experiment with the pins though. I don't have this exact board so I am not sure about your outputs.
In a flip 32 board enabling servo tilt and servo flag 4, the servos should be plugged in pins 7 and 8 (soft serial 2)

matbogdan

Post by matbogdan »

Hello to all.
I've submitted 2 issues with git repo:
1st - add support for ADNS3080 Optical Flow Sensor Horizontal Position #529
2ns - GPS way-points #530

This is a must in every modern drone.
naz32+GPS+Sonar+Optical Flow Sensor - will make any drone a SCI-Fi dream come true. Added with Bluetooth and mobile for GPS way-points will make this a perfect implementation.

I am currently 3d printing my Inspire 1 ( transformer ) and I woul love to have the features above on it.

Overtopic: I don't get timecop and his behavior. His distribution have it's own fans. I personally like how the CF is moving forward fast to implement new features. I also like timecop distro for some other feature that CF is still not having.

Get along to each other and instead of flaming better start implementing and gather more devs to each of the project and maybe in the future this projects will join.
As a hint for both of you, you both are doing a good job because there are many UAV out there that fly with both of the 32bit implementations and instead of flaming, better come with features that the other doesn't have and make him get the code/ideea from you.
Make it a competition better than a flame here and there that will break things and not do any good.
Coding style ... hah ... what a joke. If we put 100 dev. in the same project there will be 100 coding styles.
I am a dev too on my own projects and if I wold get a fork from one of the projects i will for sure make it different than each of the project and ofcourse i will say my code is better.

The main ideea is to stop this flaming. Is not doing any good to the community and also slow the process of implementation.
Belive me, a good code is a code that works and is easy to debug and add new features.

Bottom line, I personally thank you to this community for making my drone stay in the air and as soon I will get it working my new 3d printed Inspire transformer i will get back with feedback.
I will use the CF for it so I can use the autotune , sonar, gps and leds and i hope very soon the ADNS3080 Optical Flow Sensor

strepto

Post by strepto »

matbogdan wrote:Belive me, a good code is a code that works and is easy to debug and add new features.

Ah, actually, there is quite a lot more to "good code" than that. Dominic has the right idea.

As for the flame war, there is a lot of history there. Unfortunately the abrasive attitude from a few people has made it impossible for the communities to collaborate.

ridgeracer

Post by ridgeracer »

Hey all. I'm new here and just got a Naze 32 for a 250 quad racer. I currently use a FlySky I-10 radio that has their version of S-bus called I-bus. Can I get this feature added to Cleanflight? Baseflight currently has this integrated.

https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/ ... 12fba77ec2

My second problem is that I have a slight drift to the back and left in all modes. How do I correct for this?

matbogdan

Post by matbogdan »

strepto wrote:
matbogdan wrote:Belive me, a good code is a code that works and is easy to debug and add new features.

Ah, actually, there is quite a lot more to "good code" than that. Dominic has the right idea.

As for the flame war, there is a lot of history there. Unfortunately the abrasive attitude from a few people has made it impossible for the communities to collaborate.

I've took a peek over Dominic code and i love it clean and smart even if there is room for improvements and optimization in the code. Considering we are not talking about poor 8bit Arduino and we are talking about a powerful (7-8 times ) 32 bit processor, the bits and pieces even if they are not fully optimized, they work flawlessly and there is plenty room for adding more features so no stress at the moment with paranoia optimization and at the time when we will start optimization a new processor will be available and again we have room.
As long the loop times is not affected ( btw i loved the task scheduler discussed in the first pages ) all is fine and we should work harder in adding more and more features and make this a wish come true for any UAV pilot/owner.
Even that is the first time I've seen Dominics code and i only have knowledge of some multiwii code, I understood where is what and why some things are like they are.
Of course my job on Continental Automotive as software engineer help me understand microcontroler coding style.
For the moment I am busy with many other projects and my time is limited but for sure I will make place in near future to join the devs. community on CleanFlight.

I hope this flames and war will stop and my advice is to ignore totally the flamers and for each time they flame about anything, we post a new feature or improvement or optimization we did for Clean Flight.
Eventually they will stop if nobody takes them for serious and their project will disappear or they will disappear.

Looking forward to join this community as dev.

gerardo85

Post by gerardo85 »

Hi Guys, i'm not sure if this is a problem on my part or not. I recently updated my quad with the latest version of cleanflight and I noticed the new gui doesn't respond when i'm connected by usb and have my battery plugged in. It responds the moment I unplugged the battery. I'm running a naze32. It happens on both the full board and acro board. But when i'm using bluetooth it works fine. Any ideas?

waltr

Post by waltr »

ridgeracer wrote:My second problem is that I have a slight drift to the back and left in all modes. How do I correct for this?

This is typically caused by improper TX stick center value setup. Re-check that the sticks values are the same as the mid_rc value read out in the CLI.

ridgeracer

Post by ridgeracer »

Ok cool. Will recheck that when I go home.

nepalien

Post by nepalien »

I have a afromini32 board. I was wondering if I RGB led were supported on this board. If it is where is the signal connected to?

Pierre_A

Post by Pierre_A »

For HoTT Graupner users..

I coded an interactive Text Mode in Cleanflight so that you can check and edit Cleanflight parameters directly from your TX as you do it with CLI in the Cleanflight-Configurator.
As shown on the image below (views of the TX display), you access to specific pages through 2 selection pages using the arrows and buttons of the TX.
Each page (today 10 but this is not restrictive) mainly resumes informations as structured and listed on different tabs of the Configurator.

Each parameter can be modified as usual on the TX with the aid of the Set button and Up/Down arrows, then applied on real time and (if desired) saved in EEPROM.

The Text Mode is not hardware specific and so should be available on any Cleanflight FC (up to now tested fine on Naze and CC3D).

This code is not merged in Cleanflight yet (Pull Request coming), but I can provide a .hex for testing in the meantime.
Thanks for your feedback.
PA
Hott TextMode pages.jpg
Last edited by Pierre_A on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cosmic2112

Post by cosmic2112 »

nepalien wrote:I have a afromini32 board. I was wondering if I RGB led were supported on this board. If it is where is the signal connected to?

It was discussed here:-

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 00&page=33

It could be done with some tricky soldering....

Cosmic

athertop

Post by athertop »

Looking at a new Tarot 680 hexacopter build using full Naze32 with cleanflight. I would prefer to use the FrSky X8R which comes with the Taranis Plus, connecting this to the Naze32 using S.Bus (using inverter cable I believe - is this the best way?) and looking to get GPS hooked up to the Naze32 also, plus telemetry at the same time out of the Naze32 down to the Taranis - such as gps coordinates plus voltages, rssi etc.

I believe this could involve a few juggling tricks to getting this all to work together. I think I can figure out getting the S.Bus connected. Can I please confirm - using S.Bus, you are only left with the softserial method to connect the GPS? How would I connect/configure in that case? Finally, the Telemetary - how do I get the Naze32 connecting through the X8R? I take it I need to somehow to connect the Naze through the smartport on the X8R - but a bit lost at exactly how to do this bit, or if I need some sort of convertor in the middle? Would be grateful for any advice. Thanks, Paul

cosmic2112

Post by cosmic2112 »

athertop wrote:Looking at a new Tarot 680 hexacopter build using full Naze32 with cleanflight. I would prefer to use the FrSky X8R which comes with the Taranis Plus, connecting this to the Naze32 using S.Bus (using inverter cable I believe - is this the best way?) and looking to get GPS hooked up to the Naze32 also, plus telemetry at the same time out of the Naze32 down to the Taranis - such as gps coordinates plus voltages, rssi etc.

I believe this could involve a few juggling tricks to getting this all to work together. I think I can figure out getting the S.Bus connected. Can I please confirm - using S.Bus, you are only left with the softserial method to connect the GPS? How would I connect/configure in that case? Finally, the Telemetary - how do I get the Naze32 connecting through the X8R? I take it I need to somehow to connect the Naze through the smartport on the X8R - but a bit lost at exactly how to do this bit, or if I need some sort of convertor in the middle? Would be grateful for any advice. Thanks, Paul

Luckily, CF has a lot of help available, have a look here:-

https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... aster/docs

Cosmic

nebbian

Post by nebbian »

Pierre_A wrote:For HoTT Graupner users..

I coded an interactive Text Mode in Cleanflight so that you can check and edit Cleanflight parameters directly from your TX as you do it with CLI in the Cleanflight-Configurator.
As shown on the image below (views of the TX display), you access to specific pages through 2 selection pages using the arrows and buttons of the TX.
Each page (today 10 but this is not restrictive) mainly resumes informations as structured and listed on different tabs of the Configurator.

Each parameter can be modified as usual on the TX with the aid of the Set button and Up/Down arrows, then applied on real time and (if desired) saved in EEPROM.

The Text Mode is not hardware specific and so should be available on any Cleanflight FC (up to now tested fine on Naze and CC3D).

This code is not merged in Cleanflight yet (Pull Request coming), but I can provide a .hex for testing in the meantime.
PA
Hott%20TextMode%20pages.jpg

Far out! That's incredible! I have no idea how you managed to do that, I wouldn't have thought it possible. Open source is amazing.

Pierre_A

Post by Pierre_A »

nebbian wrote:Far out! That's incredible! I have no idea how you managed to do that, I wouldn't have thought it possible. Open source is amazing.

Thnks nebbian,
did not know I would go that far before doing it... ;)

bobrc11

Post by bobrc11 »

Hello.

I recently got a couple of Afromini 32's and tried to use Baseflight or Cleanflight with them. I have been unable to get them to flash.

This is my first time to try Baseflight, Cleanflight, or to flash any firmware on anything except some simple Arduino projects

I installed the recommended FTDI software.

I am now focusing on using Cleanflight since it seems to be better overall, more features, and most likely easier to figure out this problem via support for Cleanflight than Baseflight.

I am using a Mac on OSX 10.6. But I also tried a PC running Windows 7. Both will open a port but then closes them. In Cleanflight in the upper left corner there are four existing bluetooth port options, but nothing changes there when I use my Mac and try to connect manually. On the PC, when I try to connect manually then it briefly shows a COM port #.

On both computers, not matter what, 10 seconds after manually opening a port successfully, the ports close due to no communication.

At the end of this message, there are links to messages on RC Groups, in an Afromini thread where I describe in more detail what I did, what I tried, and follow-up messages.

It i seeming like it may be that I do not have a good cable to connect them, rather than an Afromini problem. Can someone recommend some reliable FTDI cables, with links for known good ones?

I am considering this one from Adafruit:
http://www.adafruit.com/products/954?gc ... aQod9EQAAw

Or could it be that it is not the cable and something in the software?

Thanks.

Bobrc11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread page 36, starts with 2nd message from top, message #527

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 00&page=36

Ends with message #541 on page 37

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 00&page=37

scrat

Post by scrat »

Pierre_A wrote:For HoTT Graupner users..

PA
Hott%20TextMode%20pages.jpg

What about FrSky?