Cleanflight aka Multiwii port to STM32 F10x and F30x

niknaks

Re: Cleanflight aka Multiwii port to STM32 F10x and F30x

Post by niknaks »

yes i had the same ,going back to Oct 28 2014 hex file fix it for me. :D

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

New configurator just uploaded with a new tab 'Adjustments' - This allows you to configure your inflight adjustment switches, here's an example:

ui - first cut 2.PNG

Read more here:

https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... stments.md

New binaries uploaded too with 16 channel SBus support! Tested with FrSky X4RSB.

41south

Post by 41south »

Sbus still needs the inverter?

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

Exidous wrote:I do not believe you can receive via msp on two ports simultaneously. I could be wrong but I think it will only broadcast on multiple ports.

Incorrect, you can! latest binary has the fix.

niknaks wrote:yes i had the same ,going back to Oct 28 2014 hex file fix it for me.

The new defaults require you to enable the 'feature GPS' and 'set serial_port_2_scenario=2' to enable GPS.

The documentation regarding serial port configuration is still correct, just there are new defaults.

If you want to know why, check this: https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/issues/145

dominicclifton

Re:

Post by dominicclifton »

41south wrote:Sbus still needs the inverter?

Fow now, yes.

I used one of these, works flawlessly so far:

"CopterX (CX-SBUS-FU) Futaba S-Bus Cable for CX-3X2000"

http://prestige-helico.fr/PrestaShop/RC ... er=product

bikerboy

Post by bikerboy »

dominicclifton wrote:
The new defaults require you to enable the 'feature GPS' and 'set serial_port_2_scenario=2' to enable GPS.

The documentation regarding serial port configuration is still correct, just there are new defaults.

If you want to know why, check this: https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/issues/145

Hi Dominic,

That was exactly what I've done, still no go.

As I said, it does not enable feature GPS. Upon saving it reverts to disabled, although I get the usual message Enabled GPS.

Thanks!

niknaks

Post by niknaks »

it worked for me when i upgrade today to test it ,but dont forget to type save before you leave Cli because it will not save the setting

hwurzburg

Post by hwurzburg »

hwurzburg wrote:
dominicclifton wrote:Latest binaries are now available

Softserial fixed.
CC3D supports 4 channel parallel PWM mode.
Rate profiles.
Adjustment Range support added for in-flight tuning and rate profile switching.
Various cleanups and improvements.

Dom,thanks for fixing softserial! and all the work!

with 41souths' serial port setup:
serial_port_1_scenario = 5 ( MSP, CLI, GPS-PASSTHROUGH)
serial_port_2_scenario = 2 ( GPS ONLY)
serial_port_3_scenario = 4 ( Frsky TELEMETRY )
serial_port_4_scenario = 8 ( MPS ONLY - bluetooth hc-06 - change baudrate on module to 9600)

Port1's MSP/CL/GPS_PASSTHROUGH are set by their respective set baud commands, as is port2's GPS, and FRSKY is always 9600...
1) but, is port_4 (MSP only...for OSD or radio link to phone...BT or 3dr) baud rate set by the MSP baudrate command as is port1s? and if its over the 19200 rate that softserial can handle, does the softserial port default back to some other rate?
2) can you have MSP commands flowing back to the FC from both port1 and port 4 "simultaneously"? like have it connected to USB and also have the OSD on port 4 adjust pids with MSP commands?

thanks

Dominic, any answers to this? or anyone who knows? thanks

Ekci

Post by Ekci »

Hey! Two questions:

1. How do you set altitude (mag) mode? Do you leave it always on or just turn it when you want to hold altitude? Should I change any PIDs? I can't make it work, sensor is covered with foam but it's not holding as it should: it's generally too sensitive, on half throttle it's descending etc.

2. Is it possible to connect GPS with PWM on Naze32? How? Or should I order SBUS inverter?

Edit: I have left Naze32 powered for some time and a z value was rising slowly but all the time. Is that normal?

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

hwurzburg wrote:[
with 41souths' serial port setup:
serial_port_1_scenario = 5 ( MSP, CLI, GPS-PASSTHROUGH)
serial_port_2_scenario = 2 ( GPS ONLY)
serial_port_3_scenario = 4 ( Frsky TELEMETRY )
serial_port_4_scenario = 8 ( MPS ONLY - bluetooth hc-06 - change baudrate on module to 9600)

Port1's MSP/CL/GPS_PASSTHROUGH are set by their respective set baud commands, as is port2's GPS, and FRSKY is always 9600...
1) but, is port_4 (MSP only...for OSD or radio link to phone...BT or 3dr) baud rate set by the MSP baudrate command as is port1s? and if its over the 19200 rate that softserial can handle, does the softserial port default back to some other rate?
2) can you have MSP commands flowing back to the FC from both port1 and port 4 "simultaneously"? like have it connected to USB and also have the OSD on port 4 adjust pids with MSP commands?

You'll need to set the msp baud rate to 9600 which will affect both msp ports. Yes, you can use them simultaneously! :D I did yesterday infact when I was testing this. Get the latest binaries for a recent related fix.

Not recommended to use two software serial ports at the same time, if you're on the ground configuring the setup via bluetooth it'll be ok, maybe a little packet loss of telemetry and msp due to the current soft serial implentation. There are incoming changes for softserial, so watch this space.

Pierre_A

Post by Pierre_A »

Cleanflight on CC3D
Telemetry on Softserial (Hott Graupner) along with MinimOSD (MW_OSD R1.2 frmwr) connected on FlexiPort (data transmitted to OSD via MSP via serial_port_2_scenario = 8).

Cleanflight_CC3D - MinimOSD + telemetry.jpg

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

cool, nice to see that combo.

Ekci

Post by Ekci »

Dominic, I know that you are experienced in different boards so could you answer?

Is it possible to connect GPS with PWM on Naze32? How?

akcom

Post by akcom »

Anyway we could get some code to bind a spektrum satellite receiver from the GUI? This would make life a lot easier. Sure as hell beats hooking up the big rx everytime :)

Ravenholm

Post by Ravenholm »

Hydra, I'm using a 3 position switch to change rate profiles. The feature works great and i want to use it all the time. But the FC continuously beeps while it is configured. If i remove the adjrange config it no longer beeps. Is this normal?

snakescb

Post by snakescb »

Dear all,
I am using cleanflight for only 2 weeks now, but I am really impressed and appreciate the way it is pushed, maintained and communicated, really well done. I am looking forward to see more of it.

I actually have one question: Is it possible to use MSP messages (at the same baudrate) on UART1 and UART2 on the NAZE boards? So that I could connect my minimosd to UART2 the same time as I use the USB connection? I tried this with the fw I installed two weeks ago but without success.

Then another thing. I think what would make cleanflight even better for FPV users is the ability of antenna tracking. I am thinking about creating a little piece of electronics that could be connected to a serial port at a low baudrate (1200 or so), which is creating an audio signal to be transmitted with the audio channel of the video transmitter. On the receiver side the same electronics to recreate the bitstream from the received audio signal. Like this we could send the GPS data to a ground station, and use there a cleanflight board in a special mode to perform the antenna tracking. I could help with the uart-audio-things. Does it sound silly? Is there any interest?

Regards
Christian

LawnDart

Post by LawnDart »

I'm a newb who wants to switch from baseflight.

I have ideas that won't stop pestering me until I implement them. I'm extremely impressed by the difference in code readability, cleanflight v baseflight. Readability and buildability are not the same things, however.

Canonical's repo ARM gcc seems to have a missing nano.spec issue. GNU's ARM gcc code seems ... unattended.

Has anyone managed to find an ARM toolchain for Ubuntu 14.04 that can build cleanflight?

EDIT: The launchpad 4.7.2 toolchain at https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/4.7/4.7-2013-q3-update is promising, but it doesn't build cleanflight.

And thanks Dominic! This is a lofty undertaking.

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

LawnDart wrote:I'm a newb who wants to switch from baseflight.

I have ideas that won't stop pestering me until I implement them. I'm extremely impressed by the difference in code readability, cleanflight v baseflight. Readability and buildability are not the same things, however.

Canonical's repo ARM gcc seems to have a missing nano.spec issue. GNU's ARM gcc code seems ... unattended.

Has anyone managed to find an ARM toolchain for Ubuntu 14.04 that can build cleanflight?

EDIT: The launchpad 4.7.2 toolchain at https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/4.7/4.7-2013-q3-update is promising, but it doesn't build cleanflight.

And thanks Dominic! This is a lofty undertaking.

AFAIK, when Arch's eabi compiler had a problem with one of the CF options, I used https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/4.8/4.8-2014-q3-update/+download/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3-20140805-linux.tar.bz2

hwurzburg

Post by hwurzburg »

Dominic,
I updated the serial.md docs file with the information you provided above... changes in green ...thanks
Henry
cant attach the file so here is the changes:

### Constraints

* There must always be a port available to use for MSP
* There must always be a port available to use for CLI
* To use a port for a function, the function's corresponding feature must be enabled first.
e.g. to use GPS enable the GPS feature.
* If the configuration is invalid the serial port configuration will reset to it's defaults and features may be disabled.
* If both softserial ports are used, the output stream must be set to 9600 on both ports. Max rate for single port is 19200. Frsky Telemtry is automatically set to 9600 baud.
Last edited by hwurzburg on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

LawnDart

Post by LawnDart »

stronnag wrote:AFAIK, when Arch's eabi compiler had a problem with one of the CF options, I used https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/4.8/4.8-2014-q3-update/+download/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3-20140805-linux.tar.bz2

That's it. Thank you!

Coincidence: In another window, I've got the same SDK slowly installing using the OpenPilot (same toolchain release) Makefile. See the "all_sdk_install" target of OpenPilot's Makefile for an example of automating that same sdk install.

toasthall

Post by toasthall »

Hi Domanic,

I am a big fan of your firmware and yesterday I watched the video that was posted of you discussing cleanflight at the london hackerspace, which got me interested in at least playing with the code. I have limited coding experience but I would like to give it a go (though not at this stage just for myself). I was wondering if you could point to some information on setting up eclipse so that I can do some development for cleanflight? I found the tutorial for baseflight but it must be for an older version of eclipse as it mentions settings that I can't find such as targets etc.

cheers,

Dale

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

toasthall wrote:I am a big fan of your firmware and yesterday I watched the video that was posted of you discussing cleanflight at the london hackerspace

you mean this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuhNqrUFaj4

Yeah, quite funny watching myself on that.. The more I do this public speaking lark the better I get, still lots to learn! It should be noted that I hadn't planned to give a talk, the arranged speaker couldn't make it and I was asked to fill in - there was no script and no preparation so sorry if I ramble a bit a times :D

toasthall wrote:I was wondering if you could point to some information on setting up eclipse so that I can do some development for cleanflight?

For now, until there's proper documentation, you can simply build from the command line and use Eclipse for editing/navigation/inspection.

It's not *that* complicated to set up. Import the code as 'Existing Code as Makefile Project'. If you want to use the Eclipse make target functionality don't forget to make sure that the gnu arm tools and 'make' are on your path or are configured on the path used by the eclipse project's C/C++ builder.

The main thing, toasthall, is to get the project building on the command line using the latest gnu arm tools. After that you can dig deeper into hardware debugging and building from within eclipse.

Also, you didn't mention if you were using Windows/Mac/Linux.

I think I will set things up on a fresh machine and video/screengrab the process at some point.

Drop by the IRC channel, irc://irc.freenode.net/#cleanflight - I and others there will be more than happy to help you out.

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

hwurzburg wrote:Dominic,
I updated the serial.md docs file with the information you provided above... changes in green ...

Thanks for the feedback, I've updated the document. - https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... 15474d95e6

wreckdiveruk

Post by wreckdiveruk »

Guys,
I'm sure this is pretty easy to figure out but I must be an idiot because its driving me crazy trying to get this setup to work.

At idiot level could someone please explain how I connect and configure my naze32 using cleanflight to have
a) a spektrum satellite
b) GPS
I need to know the pin connections because I keep finding that the GPS and the satellite receiver seem to require using the same pin (pin 4) and I have no clue how to over come it and also exactly what do I type in the CLI to activate it and map whatever needs mapping.

There seems to be a lack of detailed idiot level instructions which I do understand why but it would be really helpful. I had most of it working in baseflight but I lost the config for that. The components all work individually.

Much appreciated in advance.

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

Example (d) in the documentation serial.md) ?

Ravenholm

Post by Ravenholm »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why it beeps when you have an adjustment range to change the rate profile configured?
I have set it up as per Example 4 in the Doco (https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanfli ... stments.md) and it works. It changed the rate with my switch just as it is meant too. But the constant beeping makes it unusable. Using any of the other "Adjustment functions" does not cause it to beep, just the rate profile change function.

I've tried everything i can think of. Different Aux channels, different slots, different ranges... etc. Only removing the adjustment range stops the beeping.

It is a really great feature and i want to use it. it's just spoiled by the Bleeping beeps!

Any help would be appreciated.
P.S And no i don't want to just remove the buzzer, i like that too ;)

deuce4

Post by deuce4 »

BarneyG

Post by BarneyG »

hmmmm .... "The AIR Hero•32 features the 6050 Gyro/Acc on SPI bus"

if you look at the data sheet for the 6050 it doesn't do SPI only i2c.

Pierre_A

Post by Pierre_A »

deuce4 wrote:Any chance for a Paris Hero port?: http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/ ... ir-hero-32

deuce4,
as far as it runs Baseflight, it should run Cleanflight as well.

jmdhuse

Post by jmdhuse »

Hi All,

Is anyone here using the pidBaseflight() PID controller with a small (~235mm) and light quadcopter? If so, would you mind sharing your PID gains and loop time settings? I have a small, light quad and find I have to turn my Pgain way down for Roll and Pitch, or I get pretty bad oscillations... the default for Pgain in the code is 2.5, while I have to get mine down to about 0.95 to get stability. That's with a loop time of 3500uS (or 286Hz).

Thanks!

Cheers, Jon.

nebbian

Cleanflight aka Multiwii port to STM32 F10x and F30x

Post by nebbian »

jmdhuse wrote:Hi All,

Is anyone here using the pidBaseflight() PID controller with a small (~235mm) and light quadcopter? If so, would you mind sharing your PID gains and loop time settings? I have a small, light quad and find I have to turn my Pgain way down for Roll and Pitch, or I get pretty bad oscillations... the default for Pgain in the code is 2.5, while I have to get mine down to about 0.95 to get stability. That's with a loop time of 3500uS (or 286Hz).

Thanks!

Cheers, Jon.

Yes and yes.

Mine is at 1.0 for pitch and roll, with a looptime of 2000 and running KISS esc's in oneshot125 mode. Quad is a 250mm V tail, all up weight is 350 grams or thereabouts.

When the P values were higher (around 3) the quad would shudder badly, even before takeoff.

I like pid_controller=2 so much better than the other two. Every time I set up a new multi I try to get it feeling good and always end up frustrated, until I set the pid_controller to 2.

spelo

Post by spelo »

Hey Guys:

Anybody out there tested the failsafe? When I switch off my transmitter, the motors briefly (.5 sec) go to full throttle before slowing to the failsafe speed of 1200. I don't remember it doing this in Baseflight, but it could be a dozen other things. Anyone notice similar behavior?

nebbian

Post by nebbian »

I noticed this too last week when I tested the failsafe on a new build. I haven't noticed this previously either. From the sound it sounded more like 50% throttle, but on my new build that's going to rise pretty quickly. It's a long way from what the failsafe level is set to.

mj666

Post by mj666 »

Have seen also the same behavior in latest Baseflight builds. Even if the Motors are off (but not disarmed) they will startup quite fast. This behavior may crash the copter if it is sitting on the ground and the signal is lost. Fortunately i allways had my Nano's in my hand for testing so nothing bad could happen.

spelo

Post by spelo »

Well, glad to hear I'm not the only one :) Probably a combination of ESC's and that final malformed command. I'm using a Flysky FS-T6 and 10A Turnigy Multistars (never been happy with the ESC's).

Just to see if the issue arises in Baseflight I flashed the latest version and confirmed (at least for me) failsafe is working as designed. No high rev, just go's to the configured value of 1200.

scorpio

Post by scorpio »

CleanFlight Status BAR.tiff
(9.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Greetings from Philippines!
Hello guys I hope I am not gatecrashing this party :geek: ... First of all I would like to say great work to Dominic, for pursuing this code cleanup and added some more useful features!

I have been following this tread/development for a couple of months now and I was so inspire by it I have actually build my own DIY flight controller board just to test it. I just finish my flight controller and successfully loaded the cleanflight firmware using Chrome GUI. But I have noticed something, every time I power cycle my board the "mag" status bar is alway red, I am not sure if the magnetometer is actually disabled because on the model animation box the heading changes while I move the board. However if I go to CLI tab and just type exit and after soft restarts the "mag" status bar color changes to green and it will remain green even if I disconnect from gui and reconnect again as long as I will not power cycle (power on-off) the board the mag status bar remains green/active.

First I thought that there is problem with my board but I tried baseflight firmware and everything is OK.

If there anyone experiencing the same problem? Could this be a bug from either firmware or Gui?

Hoping to here from you guys.

Thanks in advance!

Regarding to my DYI flight controller, I am more than happy to share it to anyone interested.

Shual

Post by Shual »

Hi, I wrote own port of cleanflight for little low cost stm32F103 development board which are popular in some countries. From sweets things are tested&working support for onboard USB via VCP driver. In plans - add airplane GPS support like in Patrik multiwii/baseflight code, so. Do I can add this code to the project, and join to development team ?

Pierre_A

Post by Pierre_A »

Shual wrote:Hi, I wrote own port of cleanflight for little low cost stm32F103 development board which are popular in some countries. From sweets things are tested&working support for onboard USB via VCP driver. In plans - add airplane GPS support like in Patrik multiwii/baseflight code, so. Do I can add this code to the project, and join to development team ?

Shual,
would be nice to test your code on CC3D as it would free the Main port.
See http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/43569-baseflightcleanflight-ported-to-cc3d
and https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/issues/81

tungsten2k

Re: Re:

Post by tungsten2k »

dominicclifton wrote:

Fow now, yes.

Or DIY: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... tcount=313

-=dave

TimJC

Re: Re:

Post by TimJC »

tungsten2k wrote:
dominicclifton wrote:

Fow now, yes.

Or DIY: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... tcount=313

-=dave

If anyone is looking for a more rugged DIY S.Bus converter, I put this together a few months ago and it has been working great with Cleanflight/Baseflight on my ZMR250.

Neu

Post by Neu »

Is there any chance of getting jeti telemetry?

Pierre_A

Post by Pierre_A »

Latest news :
thks to nebbian and ledvinap, oneShot feature is coming on CC3D with Cleanflight
see here
https://github.com/c...flight/pull/193
not flight tested yet

mj666

Post by mj666 »

Talking about new features. I have ported the bind code for Spektrum satellite receivers to Cleanflight. This will allow everybody to bind the satellite receiver to the transmitter without even owning an Spektrum master receiver. For now the code is enabled for the NAZE, NAZE32PRO, CJMCU and CC3D target. Here is the link to the related pull request:

https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/pull/192

markus1234

Post by markus1234 »

Hi,
I'm trying run a LED_STRIP WS2812B with a CC3D. The result is a bad flickering. The strip is connected as 'motor 5' and enabled (feature LED_STRIP). The code is the latest github checkout (master).

I reduced the strip supply with a diode - nothing changed.
I checked the strip with a 3V3 Arduino (teensy3.1) and the strandtest demo - works well with 3V3 and with 5V supply.
In the header of light_ws2811strip.c I read about some timing problems and tried to reduce the BIT_COMPARE_x values in light_ws2811strip.h - no success
I've checked the github issues - no success.

Did I miss anything? Does anybody run the CC3D with the WS2812B? I've no idea what to try next.
Is there any information about 'changing the timing'? I checked the source, but I think detailed knowledge of timer3 and dma of the stm32 is required.
Maybe I'm on a complete wrong way..

I would be happy to get any hint or help,
Markus

markus1234

Post by markus1234 »

Ok, I've got it. Too simple: I need external power... a diode protects the usb... :oops:
The flickering was generated by the signal line.
The timing is not too critical, the setting in the software is different compared to the led data sheet.
But the time was not wasted, I've learned a lot about the combination of DMA and timer of the stm32 ;)

MikeDalton

Post by MikeDalton »

Hi all,

I'm totally new to Cleanflight, Ive ordered my Nase32, printed my MHQ2 frame and will be buying the rest of my parts over the next month or so.
Just like to say thanks to Dominic and everyone else who is helping out with this project.

Neu wrote:Is there any chance of getting jeti telemetry?

If anyone is interested in the Jeti telemetry specs I have linked them below.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f0wyc1m8ugitehb/AAA1KS73IALOXh6l16WhEjxRa?dl=0
My friend and I were going to build a wireless UART system for my Turnigy 9x and Mikrokopter using a couple of Arduinos but never got around to it.

Thanks again, keep up the good work.... Merry Christmas, Etc.

Mattmax

Post by Mattmax »

Hello, I'm a newbie and I think I have now read a lot about cleanflight. I find this very interesting, because there are many thing you can do with cleanflight.
So, my idea is o build a quadcopter with an STM32-board and some senors an other cool stuff (led). I ordered a STM32F103C8T6 board and the question ist how to configurat this board, so that I can use it or in other words with connetors do I have to use?

Here is a picture from the board:

MikeDalton

Post by MikeDalton »

Mattmax, buy your self a cleanflight compatible flight controller board and save your self a massive headache, use your dev board for bench testing instead. If your gonna do it the hard way, find the schematics for a comparable fc board to your dev kit and start reading lots of data sheets.

NoRCExperience

Post by NoRCExperience »

Matt,

See the Diy cheap naze32 thread on rcgroups. It's really easy to the development board. I am using the tiny one. There are schematics over there.

Mattmax

Post by Mattmax »

which tiny one are you using?