Please, explain me horizon mode.

Kenny9999

Please, explain me horizon mode.

Post by Kenny9999 »

Hello

I'm trying to figure out how Horizon mode work, and I just can't, it do not make sens to me? That said, I have not tried it!

So, how does that work!

So, if I give some stick, it's like in accro mode, but, as soon as I release it, it goes to level automatically? or... it just keep the current angle like in accro?!?!?! then, what's is the differences between accro and Horizon?

Or, when you give some stick, it goes into accro... and just rotate on itself... but, you can't stop to an angle? so, you can't go forward without always rotate???

how does that work?

felixrising

Re: Please, explain me horizon mode.

Post by felixrising »

Acro mode = stick deflection corresponds to rate of rotation (either pitch or roll).. more stick, faster rate of rotation. Depends on gyroscropes to work out rate of rotation.
Level/angle mode = Stick deflection corresponds to degrees of rotation away from level - hence called "angle". Depends on Accelerometers to know which way is "down" or level.
Horizon Mode = Acro mode (stick deflection corresponds to rate of rotation) + some Level mode mixed in to cause multi-rotor to self level when you let go of sticks. Gyro for rate of rotation + Acc for where is level, move towards it with some rate.

I assume you are using baseflight, because you posted in 32bit section.
To adjust amount of Acc/level mix in for Horizon mode, uses both level P term + Level I term and Level D term in traditional multiwii PID loop to constrain amount of Acc mix and (for some reason?!) just Level I term in pidRewrite (aka Alexk PID controller) PID loop. No idea why the difference.

Traditional: https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/ ... /mw.c#L307
Alexk: https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/ ... /mw.c#L373

Kenny9999

Re: Please, explain me horizon mode.

Post by Kenny9999 »

hmmm

ok, thx...