Altitude bug?

alll

Altitude bug?

Post by alll »

Hi,
Was tuning PID for altitude:
P and I terms set to 0 (zero), D=133, quad does not yoyo and respond to alt changes by hand quit good.
Now when i push the quad down VIOLENTLY, motor revs up and try to counter the change => ok, BUT, when i push him up, it goes to the moon! ;)
For gentle push-ups it behaves as expected!
Multiwii V2.2, CriusSeV1
manu

e_lm_70

Re: Altitude bug?

Post by e_lm_70 »

Stocks PID works perfectly on my MultiWii 2.2 using MS5611 baro sensor.

Set P and I to zero ... does not look correct to me.

D normally is the last parameter to take care of.

PS: Altitude holding, is a bit tricky on MW 2.2, the baro reading by default has a massive filter, this means, the read altitude is normally 1 second behind the real altitude ... so ... if you engage alt hold while going up and down, you will notice immediately a bounce back the previous direction.

I normally engage alt hold only after have been on same high for few seconds ... and this does works fine for me.

The MW 2.2 alt hold is not really perfect .. but it is not so bad ... it does the job ... the 085 baro sensors are giving so wrong data, that expect good result with 085 is like try to make a miracle

scrat

Re: Altitude bug?

Post by scrat »

e_lm_70 wrote:Stocks PID works perfectly on my MultiWii 2.2 using MS5611 baro sensor.

Set P and I to zero ... does not look correct to me.

D normally is the last parameter to take care of.

PS: Altitude holding, is a bit tricky on MW 2.2, the baro reading by default has a massive filter, this means, the read altitude is normally 1 second behind the real altitude ... so ... if you engage alt hold while going up and down, you will notice immediately a bounce back the previous direction.

I normally engage alt hold only after have been on same high for few seconds ... and this does works fine for me.

The MW 2.2 alt hold is not really perfect .. but it is not so bad ... it does the job ... the 085 baro sensors are giving so wrong data, that expect good result with 085 is like try to make a miracle

When you're tuning alt hold, the first thing you must do is set P and I to 0 and then start with D tuning then P and last I.

http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... titude_PID