Harakiri aka multiwii port to stm32

niknaks

Re: Harakiri aka multiwii port to stm32

Post by niknaks »

thank you, install testcode3 quad is flying great and gps is working great :D but can some one help with BMP180 I2C Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor Board Module it is not working can anyone help please and ill be all set, have say fly better with Harakiri TestCode3.

Bamfax

Post by Bamfax »

leocopter wrote:Hi Oliver,
I'm using Testcode3 r73 and r79.
This is the read out on the Taranis :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkQGElO ... e=youtu.be

Hi Chris,

thank you for the video. Now, I really have a hard time understanding how this can work. I have taken a look at the (github) sourcecode, and the only telemetry protocols emitting acc values are FrSky and MSP. Mavlink does not seem to have it. But, if you are saying you are running tele_prot = 3 and the copter is obviously armed, the only thing coming out of the serial should be Mavlink ;). On the Mini, this is not running the lvale Converter, is it? The lvalue should only run on a Teensy and only output S.Port, you are going into a D4 RX here.

Cheers,
Olli

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Correct. This MAvlink to FRSKY FW runs on a Pro Mini and does not connect to the s-port (A guy did a version of the Ivale firmware for the Pro Mini but i can't get it to work). So, I got the Ivale firmware running on a Teensy 3.1 connected to the s-port of a X6R, but I am using a Pixhawk for the SBus connection (I'm waiting for my SBus to CPPM converters from HK ... then I will be able to test Harakiri with the Teensy).
Telemetry using the FRSKY protocol (tele_prot=1) in Harakiri works fine (I just built a bunch of inverters for a few pennys ...) if you don't absolutely need MAVlink.

Ekci

Post by Ekci »

I'm confused...

TestCode3 is the newest version of Harakiri? It's still in development?
Which .hex should I use: https://github.com/Crashpilot1000/TestCode3

Which GUI is working now?

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Ekci wrote:I'm confused...

TestCode3 is the newest version of Harakiri? It's still in development?
Which .hex should I use: https://github.com/Crashpilot1000/TestCode3

Which GUI is working now?

I believe the latest binaries can be downloaded on page 21 : TestCode3 Sept 11 2014.rar.
Testcode3 r73 and 79 work well too.
I all cases use MultiWii 2.2 GUI.

Crashpilot has gone under the radar for the last couple of months ...I hope we'll get the latest and greatest when he resurfaces !

Ekci

Post by Ekci »

Thank you for answer! Now I cannot arm and CLI is sending me (MultiWii GUI) this: attachment
Can someone help me?

Edit: Ahhh, just type: "###" :)

Edit2: everythings seems to be OK (GPS indicator is green, Live RC Data looks OK) but I still can't arm it. Even with arming at AUX1.

Edit3: Now it's working. I don't even... :D Thanks again!
Attachments
Zrzut ekranu 2014-11-15 19.56.54.png

Bamfax

Post by Bamfax »

leocopter wrote:Correct. This MAvlink to FRSKY FW runs on a Pro Mini and does not connect to the s-port (A guy did a version of the Ivale firmware for the Pro Mini but i can't get it to work). So, I got the Ivale firmware running on a Teensy 3.1 connected to the s-port of a X6R, but I am using a Pixhawk for the SBus connection (I'm waiting for my SBus to CPPM converters from HK ... then I will be able to test Harakiri with the Teensy).
Telemetry using the FRSKY protocol (tele_prot=1) in Harakiri works fine (I just built a bunch of inverters for a few pennys ...) if you don't absolutely need MAVlink.

Hi Chris,

FrSky sounds great as well, this would also mean that I could save another 1 oder 2 grams on the copter. I am not really biased towards mavlink, I just did it, as I started with it as I did not have FrSky yet. So, I would not say no if I have the chance of getting an inverter :-)

And I just managed to do that (blind hen found corn):
mavlink_imu2.jpg
(26.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mavlink_imu1.jpg

but on the other hand, it does not make much sense to send these values down, at 2hz.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

leocopter wrote:....

Crashpilot has gone under the radar for the last couple of months ...I hope we'll get the latest and greatest when he resurfaces !

He's gone "Dark"! LOL

I've built more than several F330s and F450s now, all HaraKiri, using Naze32+ or Flip32+ or DragonFly32+.

You may have heard quality issues on batches of Naze (failed XL accelerometers, etc.). Flip also had uUSB connector complaints; mine had XL failed. Dragonfly board had been flawless. I suspect increased popularity may have lead to higher mfr volumes with little understanding of quality control. That's the HW side.

On the FW side, I'm getting very quick with tuning PID now. I can't think of any issue that can be improved with more FW iterations. I'm leaning toward "If it's not broken, don't fix it!" side.

The only thing outstanding is a Sexy Gui. But MW GUI 2.2 works, and its CLI also works (3 harsh marks ### to start). We need someone who can do GUI.

Btw, I've found this combination have been working well across my quad sizes, with very minor re-tune:

ALT (18.0, 0.080, 20)
PosH (.21, 0.45, --- )
PosR (6.5, 0 , 0.100)
NavR (1.5, 0, 0)
Level (11.0, 0.1, 50)
Mag (9.0, -, - )
With GPS_lag =500, gps_expo=5, esc_pwm =495, looptime =2021, GPS refresh to 10hz and pedestrian mode UBX 115200 with no sbas.

That results in solid GPS PH across models. RTH works nice, too. Quietest motors. Refined control feel.

I use SunnySky 980kv with 8045 props on F330, and it's a screamer. It will rocket upward, drawing "Wows" from the crowd. LOL

Hoppsan_84

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

Sounds like a recipe I'll try.
Tried Harakiri on my 250 with the standard PID and was surprised how good PH and RTH worked.

It flew away, unfortunately due to bad drivers so now I am waiting for parts to an X450.
Will return when I tried your settings.

Ekci

Post by Ekci »

Is the FrSky telemetry working in current version? What about integrating Smart Port?

Is there any way to use SBUS connection? With inverter for example.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

Ekci wrote:Is the FrSky telemetry working in current version? What about integrating Smart Port?

You'd do well to read from page 20 to present.

niknaks

Post by niknaks »

BMP180 I2C Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor Board Module it is not working, so noone can help? :shock:

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

niknaks wrote:BMP180 I2C Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor Board Module it is not working, so noone can help? :shock:

There's been numerous component failures on recent batches of Naze boards. Yours is a Naze ?

Ekci

Post by Ekci »

Ok, I will read that.
Last edited by Ekci on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

niknaks wrote:BMP180 I2C Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor Board Module it is not working, so noone can help? :shock:

e_lm_70 has incorporated BMP-180 on his DIY board. From what I understand BMP180 is now (better) supported. Another guy suggested putting 2.2k pull up resistors on sda and scl to get it working properly.
Did you test your sensor with anything else ? (in MultiWii, in Baseflight or in Cleanflight ?)

niknaks

Post by niknaks »

yes sir it works great in cleanflight and baseflight,but i like gps in harakiri its great ,i dont have resistors on sda and scl could at be the prolblem,

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Ekci wrote:Is the FrSky telemetry working in current version? What about integrating Smart Port?

spotter6 is right, telemetry has been extensively discussed since page 20.

To summarise :
A) FRSKY protocol : In Harakiri set tele_prot=1. For Naze32, plug FRSKY Tx to Rx telemetry port of your receiver (D8R, D4R).
For Flip32, use an inverter (logical NOT gate : http://vrbrain.files.wordpress.com/2014 ... erter1.jpg or buy one : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... Cable.html) between the UART Tx pin of the flight controller and the telem port RX of the receiver.
FC will only transmit telem data when armed.
B) Mavlink protocol : In Harakiri set tele_prot = 3 and use a 5 v Pro Mini flashed with : https://github.com/vizual54/APM-Mavlink-to-FrSky. Once again you plug the UART Tx to the Pro Mini (see schematics) and from the Pro Mini you send the converted signal to the Rx telem port of the receiver (D8R and D4R .. NOT S-Port receivers ...). The MAVlink to FRSKY conversion board does the signal inverting so DO NOT USE an inverter.
While you're at it, try to do a LUA script on your Taranis ... its not that difficult.
C) Mavlink protocol using S-Port (X8R, X6R FRSKY receivers) : set tele_prot=3. Use a SBUS to CPPM decoder between your X6R and Flip/Naze32 (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... coder.html). Get a Teensy 3.1 board (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12646
from Sparkfun or Adafruit). Flash it with https://github.com/chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort . There is a lot of development going on on this so check the latest (see DIYDRONES forum http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/amp-t ... -converter).

D)Now If you want FRSKY telemetry via OpenLRS TX 433 modules check the OpenLRS Wiki : https://github.com/openLRSng/openLRSng/ ... etry-guide .. and do a MOD on your OrangeRx-UHF 100mW module : https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw3g0rder8kgc ... aranis.pdf. There is a different mod for the 1W module and another one for the excellent (designed in Quebec-Canada of course ;) :D ) DTFUHF module : http://www.dtfuhf.com/shop/index.php.
I believe Mr-Fiero has modded his (Haven't done mine yet, it is on my To-Do list :lol: ),

*** UPDATE : doing the OrangeTx UHF (1 W) mod resulted in a Tx module that did not connect to the serial port in the OpenLRSng Google Chrome app ... beware. Any ideas on what's going on ?

Cheers,

Chris
Last edited by leocopter on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

niknaks wrote:yes sir it works great in cleanflight and baseflight,but i like gps in harakiri its great ,i dont have resistors on sda and scl could at be the prolblem,

Hum ... then is it possible that because Harakiri is using an older code base (thus the older GUI ...) the improved support for BMP-180 has not been incorporated ... That is a question for the mysterious CrashPilot !

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

@Spotter6 : do you have some really good settings for 250 frames ? My PH is hit and miss ...

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

leocopter wrote:@Spotter6 : do you have some really good settings for 250 frames ? My PH is hit and miss ...

My experience is limited to F330 and F450. But I kind of know the tendency of variables...

What do you see it's doing ? TBE or drifting ? Bouncing up and down ?

Believe or not, I even had TBE (slow) at gps_expo = 20, then it got less at 10, I set it 5 and it's pretty much gone. My argument is, why getting high GPS module refresh rates if you're going use just 80% of the data? So when I get more time, I'd experiment with just the expo.

My theory is this: expo, looptime, etc. are variables that can enlarge the "plateau" upon which you would find your preferred operating point (PID). Moving them toward more relaxed numbers, would give you bigger plateau, thus easier to find PID that works. But you'd trade off with refinement of performance somehow, like not being able to control smoothly.

So may be the strategy is to relax those variables, find your PIDs, then tighten the variable and fine tune PIDs.

Just my opinion.

Bamfax

Post by Bamfax »

Great Tele Prot Writeup Chris!

Bamfax

Post by Bamfax »

Hi Guys,

I had a try at implementing the Mavlink IMU Message and it seems to work. I really have no idea what I am doing, so maybe someone with more experience can review it - that would be great.

With that it should be possible to read out the acceleration, angular speed and magnetic field. Of course, finding oscillations with that will not work with 2hz update interval. But it was nice to try to get that in the code ;).

mavlink_IMU.png
(76.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Code: Select all

if (++IMUPackCnt >= 50 && !PacketSent)           // 2Hz for IMU
        {
           IMUPackCnt = 0;
            PacketSent = true;
           mavlink_msg_scaled_imu_pack(
            MLSystemID , MLComponentID, &msg2, currentTime,
            (int16_t)(((int32_t)accSmooth[0] * 512) / cfg.sens_1G), (int16_t)(((int32_t)accSmooth[1] * 512) / cfg.sens_1G), (int16_t)(((int32_t)accSmooth[2] * 512) / cfg.sens_1G), (int16_t)gyroData[0], (int16_t)gyroData[1], (int16_t)gyroData[2], (int16_t)magADCfloat[0], (int16_t)magADCfloat[1], (int16_t)magADCfloat[2]);
            //uint32_t time_boot_ms, int16_t xacc, int16_t yacc, int16_t zacc, int16_t xgyro, int16_t ygyro, int16_t zgyro, int16_t xmag, int16_t ymag, int16_t zmag)
            baseflight_mavlink_send_message(&msg2);
        }

Romeo84

Post by Romeo84 »

Hello friends! Could You please advice me.

I try to build hex from source via Keil uVision4.

So i do:

1. Open project and select baseflight.uvproj.

2. Next i click on Rebuild all target files and getting many errors. Thats so sad....

There an errors

Code: Select all

Rebuild target 'STM32'
compiling cli.c...
src\mw.h(547): warning:  #1295-D: Deprecated declaration ledToggleInit - give arg types
  void ledToggleInit();
src\cli.c(186): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "tri_yaw_middle",            VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[5].middle,      1000,       2000, 1 }, // Johannes
src\cli.c(187): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "tri_yaw_min",               VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[5].min,         1000,       2000, 1 }, // Johannes
src\cli.c(188): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "tri_yaw_max",               VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[5].max,         1000,       2000, 1 }, // Johannes
src\cli.c(189): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "wing_left_min",             VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[3].min,         1000,       2000, 1 }, // Johannes
src\cli.c(190): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "wing_left_mid",             VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[3].middle,      1000,       2000, 1 }, // Johannes
src\cli.c(191): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "wing_left_max",             VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[3].max,         1000,       2000, 1 }, // Johannes
src\cli.c(192): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "wing_right_min",            VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[4].min,         1000,       2000, 1 }, // Johannes
src\cli.c(193): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "wing_right_mid",            VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[4].middle,      1000,       2000, 1 }, // Johannes
src\cli.c(194): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "wing_right_max",            VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[4].max,         1000,       2000, 1 }, // Johannes
src\cli.c(202): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "gimbal_pitch_min",          VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[0].min,         1000,       2000, 0 },
src\cli.c(203): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "gimbal_pitch_max",          VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[0].max,         1000,       2000, 0 },
src\cli.c(204): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "gimbal_pitch_mid",          VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[1].middle,      1000,       2000, 0 },
src\cli.c(205): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "gimbal_roll_min",           VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[1].min,         1000,       2000, 0 },
src\cli.c(206): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "gimbal_roll_max",           VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[1].max,         1000,       2000, 0 },
src\cli.c(207): error:  #144: a value of type "__packed int16_t *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "void *"
      { "gimbal_roll_mid",           VAR_UINT16, &cfg.servoConf[1].middle,      1000,       2000, 0 },
src\cli.c(1003): warning:  #1293-D: assignment in condition
      else if ((eqptr = strstr(cmdline, "=")))
src\cli.c(1091): warning:  #177-D: variable "dummy" was declared but never referenced
      char dummy;
src\cli.c: 3 warnings, 15 errors
compiling config.c...
src\mw.h(547): warning:  #1295-D: Deprecated declaration ledToggleInit - give arg types
  void ledToggleInit();
src\config.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling imu.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\imu.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling main.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\main.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling mixer.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\mixer.c(504): warning:  #111-D: statement is unreachable
              debug[0] = servo[3];
src\mixer.c: 2 warnings, 0 errors
compiling mw.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\mw.c(813): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
                      int16_t headingdifference = heading - magHold;
src\mw.c(829): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
                  int16_t flyawayvalue = (int16_t)GPS_distanceToHome - DistanceToHomeMetersOnRTLstart;
src\mw.c(788): warning:  #546-D: transfer of control bypasses initialization of:
            variable "flyawayvalue" (declared at line 829)
              switch (RTLstate)
              ^
src\mw.c(1067): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
          int16_t thrdiff = rcData[THROTTLE] - cfg.midrc;
src\mw.c(1068): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
          int16_t ABSthrdiff = abs(thrdiff);
src\mw.c(1083): warning:  #68-D: integer conversion resulted in a change of sign
                      Althightchange = -1;
src\mw.c: 3 warnings, 4 errors
compiling sensors.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\sensors.c(844): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float x_sum  = x_sumplain / size;    //sum( X[n] )
src\sensors.c(845): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float x_sum2 = x_sumsq    / size;    //sum( X[n]^2 )
src\sensors.c(846): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float x_sum3 = x_sumcube  / size;    //sum( X[n]^3 )
src\sensors.c(847): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float y_sum  = y_sumplain / size;    //sum( Y[n] )
src\sensors.c(848): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float y_sum2 = y_sumsq    / size;    //sum( Y[n]^2 )
src\sensors.c(849): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float y_sum3 = y_sumcube  / size;    //sum( Y[n]^3 )
src\sensors.c(850): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float z_sum  = z_sumplain / size;    //sum( Z[n] )
src\sensors.c(851): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float z_sum2 = z_sumsq    / size;    //sum( Z[n]^2 )
src\sensors.c(852): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float z_sum3 = z_sumcube  / size;    //sum( Z[n]^3 )
src\sensors.c(853): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float XY     = xy_sum     / size;    //sum( X[n] * Y[n] )
src\sensors.c(854): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float XZ     = xz_sum     / size;    //sum( X[n] * Z[n] )
src\sensors.c(855): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float YZ     = yz_sum     / size;    //sum( Y[n] * Z[n] )
src\sensors.c(856): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float X2Y    = x2y_sum    / size;    //sum( X[n]^2 * Y[n] )
src\sensors.c(857): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float X2Z    = x2z_sum    / size;    //sum( X[n]^2 * Z[n] )
src\sensors.c(858): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float Y2X    = y2x_sum    / size;    //sum( Y[n]^2 * X[n] )
src\sensors.c(859): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float Y2Z    = y2z_sum    / size;    //sum( Y[n]^2 * Z[n] )
src\sensors.c(860): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float Z2X    = z2x_sum    / size;    //sum( Z[n]^2 * X[n] )
src\sensors.c(861): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float Z2Y    = z2y_sum    / size;    //sum( Z[n]^2 * Y[n] )
src\sensors.c(864): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float F0 = x_sum2 + y_sum2 + z_sum2;
src\sensors.c(865): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float F1 =  0.5f * F0;
src\sensors.c(866): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float F2 = -8.0f * (x_sum3 + Y2X + Z2X);
src\sensors.c(867): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float F3 = -8.0f * (X2Y + y_sum3 + Z2Y);
src\sensors.c(868): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float F4 = -8.0f * (X2Z + Y2Z + z_sum3);
src\sensors.c(871): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float A = x_sum;
src\sensors.c(872): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float B = y_sum;
src\sensors.c(873): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float C = z_sum;
src\sensors.c(876): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float A2 = A * A;
src\sensors.c(877): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float B2 = B * B;
src\sensors.c(878): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float C2 = C * C;
src\sensors.c(879): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float QS = A2 + B2 + C2;
src\sensors.c: 1 warning, 30 errors
compiling serial.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\serial.c(98): warning:  #550-D: variable "guiConnected" was set but never used
  static bool guiConnected = false;
src\serial.c: 2 warnings, 0 errors
compiling gps.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\gps.c(97): warning:  #1295-D: Deprecated declaration GPS_calc_longitude_scaling - give arg types
  static void      GPS_calc_longitude_scaling();
src\gps.c(770): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      float filter = 7.9577e-3;
src\gps.c(1380): warning:  #111-D: statement is unreachable
          break;
src\gps.c(1279): warning:  #550-D: variable "_class" was set but never used
  static uint8_t _class;                   //  static bool next_fix;
src\gps.c: 4 warnings, 1 error
compiling spektrum.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\spektrum.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling buzzer.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\buzzer.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling telemetry.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\telemetry.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling drv_adc.c...
compiling drv_adxl345.c...
compiling drv_bmp085.c...
src\drv_bmp085.c(236): warning:  #177-D: variable "timeout" was declared but never referenced
      uint16_t timeout = 10000;
src\drv_bmp085.c(267): warning:  #177-D: variable "timeout" was declared but never referenced
      uint16_t timeout = 10000;
src\drv_bmp085.c: 2 warnings, 0 errors
compiling drv_hmc5883l.c...
compiling drv_i2c.c...
compiling drv_mpu3050.c...
compiling drv_pwm.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\drv_pwm.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling drv_system.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\drv_system.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling drv_uart.c...
compiling drv_ledring.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\drv_ledring.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling drv_mpu6050.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\drv_mpu6050.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling drv_mma845x.c...
src\drv_mma845x.c(51): warning:  #550-D: variable "device_id" was set but never used
  static uint8_t device_id;
src\drv_mma845x.c: 1 warning, 0 errors
compiling drv_hcsr04.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\drv_hcsr04.c(200): warning:  #1-D: last line of file ends without a newline
  #endif
src\drv_hcsr04.c: 2 warnings, 0 errors
compiling drv_i2c_soft.c...
compiling drv_l3g4200d.c...
compiling drv_ms5611.c...
src\drv_ms5611.c(146): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      int64_t dT  = (int32_t)ms5611_ut - ((int32_t)C5);              // Crashpilot perhaps better, doesn't harm anyways
src\drv_ms5611.c(147): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      int64_t off = ((uint32_t)ms5611_c[2] << 16) + ((dT * ms5611_c[4]) >> 7);
src\drv_ms5611.c(148): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      int64_t sens = ((uint32_t)ms5611_c[1] << 15) + ((dT * ms5611_c[3]) >> 8);
src\drv_ms5611.c: 0 warnings, 3 errors
compiling drv_ledtoggle.c...
  void ledToggleInit();
src\drv_ledtoggle.c(29): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
      GPIO_InitTypeDef GPIO_InitStructure;                    // Set the led pin to be an output
src\drv_ledtoggle.c(48): error:  #268: declaration may not appear after executable statement in block
          uint8_t bit = (ledIndex++ >> 1) & 31;
src\drv_ledtoggle.c: 1 warning, 2 errors
compiling core_cm3.c...
compiling system_stm32f10x.c...
compiling misc.c...
compiling stm32f10x_adc.c...
compiling stm32f10x_dma.c...
compiling stm32f10x_exti.c...
compiling stm32f10x_i2c.c...
compiling stm32f10x_rcc.c...
compiling stm32f10x_tim.c...
compiling stm32f10x_usart.c...
compiling stm32f10x_gpio.c...
compiling stm32f10x_flash.c...
assembling startup_stm32f10x_md.s...
compiling printf.c...
src\printf.c(153): warning:  #1293-D: assignment in condition
      while ((ch = *bf++))
src\printf.c(168): warning:  #1293-D: assignment in condition
      while ((ch = *(fmt++)))
src\printf.c: 2 warnings, 0 errors
".\obj\baseflight.axf" - 55 Error(s), 33 Warning(s).
Target not created

What should i do to successfully compile project. And sorry for my English.... Im from Moscow :)

Bamfax

Post by Bamfax »

Get the px4 toolchain, build the checked out git source, and the hex is yours.

Ekci

Post by Ekci »

Is battery voltage sensor working for you on Naze32? WinGUI shows 0 all the time. I was looking for any CLI settings but can't find anything. Even something like cellnumber.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

Ekci wrote:Is battery voltage sensor working for you on Naze32? WinGUI shows 0 all the time. I was looking for any CLI settings but can't find anything. Even something like cellnumber.

It's working on all of mine (Naze, Flip, DragonFly all on HaraKiri).

I think you already know to:
feature vbat

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

Here's a video showing degraded GPS signal levels by being in proximity of a live Naze32. That also results in loss of SV locks.

Keep in mind that SV formation in the sky is constantly changing as they are lower than Geo-Stationary orbit. So on a given day, you may be "borderline" on reception in your local area (plus all the local noise and man-made geography, ie. not on open country land) but minutes later it can get worse. And if your FC gives off interference, you may not be flying in GPS mode as you believe. I know other FCs also give off interference, as this may explain some of the fly-aways on off-the-shell Quads sold by bigger companies.

Specifically for HaraKiri, your method of mounting GPS antenna can be modified to mitigate some of this interference, thus more reliable GPS locks and GPS PH. And you'd get to keep your quad. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC2xjNK818s

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/audio?feature=vmse&v=tC2xjNK818s[/youtube]

Romeo84

Post by Romeo84 »

Bamfax wrote:Get the px4 toolchain, build the checked out git source, and the hex is yours.

Thank You very much! In Eclipse work fine. But when i manually do

make -f "C:\Users\Romeo\Documents\2\harakiri-johannes_1\Makefile" all

i got en error

make: mkdir: Command not found
make: *** [C:\Users\Romeo\Documents\2\harakiri-johannes_1\/obj/NAZE/drv_adc.o] Error 127

Bamfax

Post by Bamfax »

Romeo84 wrote:
Bamfax wrote:Get the px4 toolchain, build the checked out git source, and the hex is yours.

Thank You very much! In Eclipse work fine. But when i manually do

make -f "C:\Users\Romeo\Documents\2\harakiri-johannes_1\Makefile" all

i got en error

make: mkdir: Command not found
make: *** [C:\Users\Romeo\Documents\2\harakiri-johannes_1\/obj/NAZE/drv_adc.o] Error 127

Sorry, out of expertise here.

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

Hey everyone.

I have been busy, but doing indoor activities now due to our really bad weather.

I have built a test-stand for motors/props, with a load cell, vibration sensor, amperage sensor, and a logger.

I am at the point that I am trying to squeak EVERY ounce of thrust for motor/prop combinations with weight reductions. Using the Multistar batteries as the 18650's I got did not do so well. Never thought I would ever do this, but now that I am after the long flights, I guess this is where it ends up.

Now I am building from cad files a larger frame with 16mm tubes. I want light, but heavy duty (do those two go together? not easily) This will be my NEW Harakiri.

This frame uses most parts that are already made, the only thing I need is a custom cut carbon fiber piece 50mm. The one piece does all 3 layers with vibration dampening.

Now for the question, does anyone know where I could possibly get custom carbon fiber machined at a reasonable price? Please let me know if you have a good source! I do not have a way to cut Carbon Fiber and would appreciate any tips.

This is what it will look like. So far the wieght predictions are only 220 grams not including ESC or Motors, GPS and misc wires. Its approx 550 in size.
Please excuse my limited CAD abilities.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

You can check on this site.
http://www.leicomposites.com/index.asp

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

PatrikE wrote:You can check on this site.
http://www.leicomposites.com/index.asp

Wow, thanks for the tip... Very fast response (1 minute) and very good prices at $5.00 per / 20pcs for 1.5mm CF

Thanks!

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Must say Wow!...
Can be a good link to remember!

Ekci

Post by Ekci »

Spotter6 wrote:
Ekci wrote:Is battery voltage sensor working for you on Naze32? WinGUI shows 0 all the time. I was looking for any CLI settings but can't find anything. Even something like cellnumber.

It's working on all of mine (Naze, Flip, DragonFly all on HaraKiri).

I think you already know to:
feature vbat

That was stupid, thank you!

Ekci

Post by Ekci »

I have just connected my Naze32 to D8R with telemetry. It's working but I can't make GPS data (T1, GAlt etc.) work on my Taranis, latitude and longitude is working but nothing more.
What's wrong?

EDIT: Ah, ok, sending number of satelite and fix ifno to T1/T2 is not in Harakiri: https://github.com/Crashpilot1000/TestC ... elemetry.c
:(

Shual

Post by Shual »

Hi/ I have some question. Do harakiri 2.5( or testcode 3/4) can work in airplain (FW) mode, with GPS support or this for coptrer only ? I seen airplane version on .fpv-treff.de forum but this probably too old/ I cant understand on which harakiri version this code was based/

Bamfax

Post by Bamfax »

If I remember correctly rob decided to not integrate airplane. That was long ago. I remember reading that the contributer (it was johan or johannes?) then did his own fork, but I do not know if that is true.

Hoppsan_84

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

shackfu wrote:Hi,
I had some issues with my internal compass (drifted during throttle up).
My small copter had no more possibilites in ordering the components in another way, so I unsoldered the internal HMC5883L from the FLIP32+
and hooked up the external compass of my GPS/Mag Combo Board (CJMCU-108 / UBLOX NEO-6M HMC5883L) via I2C.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/cjmcu-108-apm-2-6-flight-controller-gps-6m-hmc5883l-compass-module-for-multi-rotors.html

Now I am getting weird values because the compass is mounted in a different way compared to the original Flip32 orientation.

Can anybody describe the impact of following parameters?

align_mag_x = 0
align_mag_y = 0
align_mag_z = 0

In the picture below is my setup. The compass is mounted on the underside of the GPS-Antenna (upside-down) - I mirrored the PCB, so you are looking "through" the Antenna.
I had to turn the Flip to get access to the USB-Port, so I had to configure:

align_board_yaw = 3

I tried already a bunch of combinations, but missed the right one :cry:

Any luck figuring this oute? I have the same problem but can't get align_mag to work. Infact I got no change i gui when I done the changes.
Mag works great if i flip i right but then the gps-antenna gets upsidedown.

Rust

Post by Rust »

Hoppsan_84 wrote:
shackfu wrote:Hi,
I had some issues with my internal compass (drifted during throttle up).
My small copter had no more possibilites in ordering the components in another way, so I unsoldered the internal HMC5883L from the FLIP32+
and hooked up the external compass of my GPS/Mag Combo Board (CJMCU-108 / UBLOX NEO-6M HMC5883L) via I2C.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/cjmcu-108-apm-2-6-flight-controller-gps-6m-hmc5883l-compass-module-for-multi-rotors.html

Now I am getting weird values because the compass is mounted in a different way compared to the original Flip32 orientation.

Can anybody describe the impact of following parameters?

align_mag_x = 0
align_mag_y = 0
align_mag_z = 0

In the picture below is my setup. The compass is mounted on the underside of the GPS-Antenna (upside-down) - I mirrored the PCB, so you are looking "through" the Antenna.
I had to turn the Flip to get access to the USB-Port, so I had to configure:

align_board_yaw = 3

I tried already a bunch of combinations, but missed the right one :cry:

Any luck figuring this oute? I have the same problem but can't get align_mag to work. Infact I got no change i gui when I done the changes.
Mag works great if i flip i right but then the gps-antenna gets upsidedown.

Flip it right, then change the parameters to 1 or 2. If it keeps working fine, then the setting isn't working.

Hoppsan_84

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

Have now tried what you suggested and the command do something but not always. Still investigating.

Rust

Post by Rust »

I'm having some trouble getting the built in failsafe work. I tried two receivers with the same result - Turnigy 9X 8CH receiver and a lemon sat RX (DSMX). One is PWM and other is serial. Feature failsafe is enabled, but nothing happens when I turn off the radio. It continues the last command.
It has to be harakiri specific, because it's working fine in baseflight.

EDIT: seems I found a possible solution - fs_ddplt :)
Still, if someone knows a better way to trigger failsafe, please share! Seems like baseflight has that "better way", but somehow it doesn't work here.

Hoppsan_84

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

Problem solved.

I was under the impression that aling_mag_x=-2 would reverse the x axel 180degre.
Now I'm under the impression that the numbers stands for pitch/roll/yaw and a - I front of the number reverses it.

1=pitch
2=roll
3=yaw

For me the final settings are

align_mag_x -2
align_mag_y -1
align_mag_z 3

Hope I'm right so it culd help some one else

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Rust wrote:I'm having some trouble getting the built in failsafe work. I tried two receivers with the same result - Turnigy 9X 8CH receiver and a lemon sat RX (DSMX). One is PWM and other is serial. Feature failsafe is enabled, but nothing happens when I turn off the radio. It continues the last command.
It has to be harakiri specific, because it's working fine in baseflight.

EDIT: seems I found a possible solution - fs_ddplt :)
Still, if someone knows a better way to trigger failsafe, please share! Seems like baseflight has that "better way", but somehow it doesn't work here.

Hi,

once Failsafe is enabled, you will want to set one or several of the following :

set gps_rtl_flyaway = 50 (50 meters for example) (lands the copter if it drifts more than 50 meters from the expected position)
set fs_ddplt = 2 (2 seconds for example) (assume pilot is 'dead' if no stick motion for more than 2 secs)
set rtl_mnh = 25 (25 meters in this example) (if lower than 25 meters, the copter will climb to a minimum height of 25 m before RTL)
set rtl_mnd = 20 (20 meters in this example) (minimum distance from launch before RTL can be activated)

Another useful setting is set rc_killt = 500 (in msecs) ('kills' i.e. shuts down the FC when disarmed)

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Shual wrote:Hi/ I have some question. Do harakiri 2.5( or testcode 3/4) can work in airplain (FW) mode, with GPS support or this for coptrer only ? I seen airplane version on .fpv-treff.de forum but this probably too old/ I cant understand on which harakiri version this code was based/

That would be a good question for PatrikE as he is the brain behind RTH for airplane mode in MultiWii ...
Last edited by leocopter on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Spotter6 wrote:Here's a video showing degraded GPS signal levels by being in proximity of a live Naze32. That also results in loss of SV locks.

Keep in mind that SV formation in the sky is constantly changing as they are lower than Geo-Stationary orbit. So on a given day, you may be "borderline" on reception in your local area (plus all the local noise and man-made geography, ie. not on open country land) but minutes later it can get worse. And if your FC gives off interference, you may not be flying in GPS mode as you believe. I know other FCs also give off interference, as this may explain some of the fly-aways on off-the-shell Quads sold by bigger companies.

Specifically for HaraKiri, your method of mounting GPS antenna can be modified to mitigate some of this interference, thus more reliable GPS locks and GPS PH. And you'd get to keep your quad. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC2xjNK818s

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/audio?feature=vmse&v=tC2xjNK818s[/youtube]

That is really instructive ... so I guess we could build a Faraday cage around our FC if we're using an external mag ... and also use a back plane (yours is not grounded but works well) on our GPS ...
Thanks !

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

leocopter wrote:

That is really instructive ... so I guess we could build a Faraday cage around our FC if we're using an external mag ... and also use a back plane (yours is not grounded but works well) on our GPS ...
Thanks !

Take a look at High End class of Flight Controllers. Xaircraft's Super X, will cost you may be a month's worth of lunch LOL. It's inside a metal box, Aluminum, I think.

The Low End class of Flight Control like DJI Naza, for example, is in cheap plastic case and does generate lot of noise.

For proof of concept, I did a Faraday Cage, leaving only pin connections. It works very well: fast SV acquisition, cold or hot startups. My Faraday cage was built from Copper screen sheet bought on Ebay.

bulesz

Post by bulesz »

Spotter6 wrote:
leocopter wrote:

Thanks !

Take a look at High End class of Flight Controllers. Xaircraft's Super X, will cost you may be a month's worth of lunch LOL. It's inside a metal box, Aluminum, I think.

The Low End class of Flight Control like DJI Naza, for example, is in cheap plastic case and does generate lot of noise.

For proof of concept, I did a Faraday Cage, leaving only pin connections. It works very well: fast SV acquisition, cold or hot startups. My Faraday cage was built from Copper screen sheet bought on Ebay.

Naice, could you post a photo of it? I'm very interested!

Cheerz,
B

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

I don't want to take in out again, but here's the next best thing, a cage for my X8R receiver. I grounded it with a copper strand... going to a ground pin.

...sry...ran into file size limit...
Attachments
image.jpg

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Spotter6 wrote:I don't want to take in out again, but here's the next best thing, a cage for my X8R receiver. I grounded it with a copper strand... going to a ground pin.

...sry...ran into file size limit...

I use copper tape on my D4R receivers then laminate over it. If you keep some of the paper backing you can easily solder the copper tape (to ground it).
The tape is cheap on ebay and is mostly used to cover the inside of electric guitars to reduce hum.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

That would work very well.

The main issue with Naze, and copies, is that it's just a board. No housing like a box, to copper shield over.

I'd prefer copper tape if I've a frame to tape it over. Copper screen is much more rigid so it's better to build a box with it. However, it is heavier. My rule of thumb is Every 80gr of weight will cost me 1 minute of flight, other things held constant. Copper tape is the better choice of material to keep it light.