Harakiri aka multiwii port to stm32

Hoppsan_84

Re: Harakiri aka multiwii port to stm32

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

After some time whit regular flying (plains whit no FC) I decided I would get the old 450 a go again. New FC and new GPS and I god some fair PH and RTL.
This time I will not do the same mistake and fly whit out failsafe but I can not get it to work.

What will trigger the failsafe?

Bamfax

Post by Bamfax »

The receiver sending no pulses triggers failsafe. When failsafe is activated within Harakiri via feature command. So you need to configure your RX to do that. The other trigger option is to configure the deadpilot setting, but that route should only be taken if your receiver does not allow sending no pulses.
Beware of having control_heading active (nav setting), as in combination with low yaw rate it could lead to toiletbowling on the final descend position. And be aware that to interrupt failsafe with frsky tx you need to break the protection checks upon bootup of opentx, as it just sends out pulses when the protection checks are clean (all sticks at zero, not good) or when it you cancel them by pressing exit.

Hoppsan_84

Re: Harakiri aka multiwii port to stm32

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

No pulses can be tricky or do some one know how to do it on a OrangeRx R620X. Is it enough to get the below say 800?
Is it the function for PPM as for PWM? I did test pulling the cable for the receiver but no failsafe.
Deadpilot is working but I don't like it.