Harakiri aka multiwii port to stm32

leocopter

Re: Harakiri aka multiwii port to stm32

Post by leocopter »

Hi Guys,
I really want to thank Crashpilot and MrFiero (and others too !) for their great work !
Thanks to you, I finally got PH working.
Here is a video of one of my OctoX8 flashed with Harakiri with MrFiero settings : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4QtOyQ ... e=youtu.be
The wind was at least 30 km/h with gusts of 50 +.
PH and RTH work very well. It was cloudy and I was in downtown Montreal (not to many good sats ...).
I sort of have a 'fleet' of quads, Hexs and now Octos ... (damn that 3D printer ... ;-) ). So If I can test some stuff for you let me know.
Keep up the good work ...

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

you lucky bugger.....3D printer.....nice.

Anyways, Awesome! Glad it works! and thank you for the report.

PS, i love it, holds in the wind.....I have the same problems most of the time as well. wind.......
Last edited by Mr-Fiero on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

Spotter6 wrote:
gps_type = 4 now has a harder time staying the same spot. I can't explain why.

I have been thinking of why this is so. If you used my firmware for Testcode3, it has a bit relaxed settings to accomodate everyones GPS as some only have a 25mm antenna.

My previous GPS config file for Ucenter is tighter, and needs a better signal. But it will hold a bit tighter. The downside of having such a tight settings is that the first cold start is longer, and less SV's.

The compiled Testcode3 and gps_type = 1 is probably best for the majority of users.

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

... I could not resist ... here is another video shot today : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skrZL3y ... e=youtu.be
with my Flip frame and (of course) Harakiri + Mr-Fiero's GPS settings.
Look at the wind in those trees ... :D

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

Mr-Fiero wrote:
Spotter6 wrote:

I have been thinking of why this is so. If you used my firmware for Testcode3, it has a bit relaxed settings to accomodate everyones GPS as some only have a 25mm antenna.

My previous GPS config file for Ucenter is tighter, and needs a better signal. But it will hold a bit tighter. The downside of having such a tight settings is that the first cold start is longer, and less SV's.

The compiled Testcode3 and gps_type = 1 is probably best for the majority of users.

Yes, I was using the normal Testcode3, but last night I flashed with your FW.

Did you posted an older FW that is tighter? I'd like to try it. If I make the entire top plate of the F330 copper foil'd, may be that will suite the better signal requirement.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

leocopter wrote:... I could not resist ... here is another video shot today : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skrZL3y ... e=youtu.be

Nice work!

My wife wants to get rid of me for a few days; she got me tickets to Montreal. LOL

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

BTW. I'm using Mr-Fiero"s August 20 GPS file and CLI settings as on page 19 with Harakiri Testcode3_r73.

It's great to have PH and true RTH in copters that also flip and race ! (more videos to be posted ...) ... NOT your typical Naza slow and sluggish handling (... and that's when they don't fly away ... ;) ).

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Spotter6 wrote:
leocopter wrote:... I could not resist ... here is another video shot today : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skrZL3y ... e=youtu.be

Nice work!

My wife wants to get rid of me for a few days; she got me tickets to Montreal. LOL

Hey Spotter. better not come here ... you'll NEVER go back home ! :D

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

Spotter6 wrote:
Mr-Fiero wrote:
Spotter6 wrote:

Yes, I was using the normal Testcode3, but last night I flashed with your FW.

Did you posted an older FW that is tighter? I'd like to try it. If I make the entire top plate of the F330 copper foil'd, may be that will suite the better signal requirement.

No, the GPS config I posted was tighter only by a little (gps_type = 4)....Well, this is what I will do. Time permitting tonight or tomorrow I'll take another read from my working Neo6 with 35mm active antenna's. Its always a really tight PH for me. Its set more aggressive than the firmware drv_gps.c I modified for Testcode3 (gps_type = 1). If your good for signals strengths it will work well.

You can have both, the modified Testcode3 and use gps_type = 1, but have the Ucenter/GPS config programmed so you can switch to it with gps_type = 4. Each time you switch to gps_type = 1 it will just overlay on FC boot, your GPS settings until next power cycle. Good way to compare.... but it seems you already know that. I am just saying for others.

BTW to be clear my Testcode3 (download/file.php?id=3177) is Testcode3_r73 compiled with a modified drv_gps.c file.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3524&start=1000#p56065

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

I'm so sorry Crashpilot1000, It seems GPS has taken over your forum. If I didn't feel so strongly about the GPS being VERY important for proper set-up before using Harakiri, I would not of been so set in my thinking. I just feel that the GPS is needed to be as perfect as possible before using Harakiri as its probably the most common failure. Your firmware mods have worked so well for me, and I am grateful as this summer, I have TONS of flight time!

I have a different way of thinking about GPS in dynamic environments. To simplify how I think of it, Its all about relative position, and repeatability. Not accuracy. These GPS's are spec'd at 2M for a reason and will probably not get much better. Not allot anyways. But they are awesome little engines and do very well for what they are, if properly set-up. To add to my relative position point, if your relative position (even with errors) has minimal deviation, in a dynamic environment, it wont matter. As long as everything is consistent. Deviation is the single most largest issue to solve.

This can be helped by optimum signal strengths, SV quality control, and minimal delays (as tight as possible coupled to FC). This is also why UBX protocol helps.

Anyways, it seems that your modifications for GPS functions are working very well, and now even for more users. Sorry about the GPS talk but hey, if it helps someone, I am happy. I have been living off my own settings with awesome success. I have 7 units now with your Harakiri, and my gps settings. NO I dont have a good budget for multicopters, but I did however build a Plasma CNC from scrap parts, and so I make allot of parts out of aluminium. Every unit I have works so well for all GPS functions which I use quite often! %80 GPS functions........

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

Love it! just awesome.

watch your gps maxangle, I found in my winds it was a bit short set to 35 and flying in 50km/h winds......just sayin...lol

which house motors did you get? 1080kv? what blades, seems like you have a pretty good combo going. Flight time? I mean without wind.....

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

leocopter wrote:
Hey Spotter. better not come here ... you'll NEVER go back home ! :D

I have to be back in Florida. I do Real Estates in FL. LOL

Florida Beaches are great places to do FPV.

My goal is to get an F450 Naze32 stable enough to do aerial video.

I want to be able to do video more stable than this video, then to say that it was done with HaraKiri FW developed by the good folks here.
http://vimeo.com/101768488

Hoppsan_84

Post by Hoppsan_84 »

Spotter6 wrote:
F330Naze32.jpg
Here's my Proof of Concept Test Vehicle, all taped up, suitable to change form quickly, but good enough to fly.

Ground plane is something I've done before for GPS and Transmitter modules, with good success... but I didn't realize it's quite important with Naze32 and Hara Kiri.

I discovered yesterday that I have major disruptions on my compass, I have not found the reason why yet but I suspect the cables to the motors that go 5mm under my FC.
Would a copper screen function to remove the interference even for compass ?
How large resistance are you using?
Is there a smart way to determine whether the interference comes from the motors or the cables?

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick »

Thanks for the pictures, spotter6.
Does the copper need to be a certain size and does it have to be grounded ?
Also, does the it have to be a certain thickness ?

Would kitchen foil be any good for this.....or not ?

strips

Sv: Harakiri aka multiwii port to stm32

Post by strips »

Baldrick wrote:Thanks for the pictures, spotter6.

Any thickness should do. It must be grounded. You're talking about alu foil? If so it will work if you get a good ground contact. Difficult to solder I think.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

Hoppsan_84 wrote:....
I discovered yesterday that I have major disruptions on my compass, I have not found the reason why yet but I suspect the cables to the motors that go 5mm under my FC.
Would a copper screen function to remove the interference even for compass ?
How large resistance are you using?
Is there a smart way to determine whether the interference comes from the motors or the cables?

Typical ESC circuitry generates around 440mhz'ish noise. Harmonics of that puts it close to GPS frequency. So I don't use BEC 5v coming from ESCs. Get a separate BEC. That's just something long distance FPV'er do, but a good practice for everyone. Then reroute the wiring.
Copper screen would work theoretically. Use fine screens, like 1/16" holes or better. Some UHF receiver boards has a spectrum display on your PC, good to check noise.
Good electrical practice to never ground a ground plane directly to ground! Pass it through a large R like 1M ohm, should you ever (easy to mess up) inadvertently short to the ground plane. Hundreds of k ohms would be fine, acts like a fuse.

Theoretically, what would shield a compass (you don't want that) is magnetic material. Copper is not magnetic, but high current going through copper line generates B-field.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

Baldrick wrote:Thanks for the pictures, spotter6.

Copper Cu has better conductivity than Al. People have used Al shields on GoPro without sufficient success, compared to Cu. I'd stick with what works. Any thickness will work. I've found that for every 80gr, or so, of weight will cost me one minute of flight on a multi-rotor, so keep it light and don't use thick foils.

Look for a shop that sell, or resale, used electronic parts with all kinds of wirings and sizes. They're likely to have rolls of 20mil, or thinner, copper foils. I've found that if a plate is large enough, it can work but I got good result grounding it through 1m ohm R.

Spotter6

Re: Sv: Harakiri aka multiwii port to stm32

Post by Spotter6 »

strips wrote:....
Any thickness should do. It must be grounded. You're talking about alu foil? If so it will work if you get a good ground contact. Difficult to solder I think.

Hard to solder. Unreliable contacts.

My turn to apologize to CrashPilot for being off Hara Kiri posts. However, I hope it helps proliferate the use of your FW.

strips

Post by strips »

@Crashpilot

I have been looking into the MPU6050 driver code. It looks like setting gy_lpf sets both acc and gyro LPF after this table.

Code: Select all

/*  DLPF_CFG 0: ACC 260Hz // GYRO 256Hz
         DLPF_CFG 1: ACC 184Hz // GYRO 188Hz
         DLPF_CFG 2: ACC 94Hz  // GYRO  98Hz
         DLPF_CFG 3: ACC 44Hz  // GYRO  42Hz
         DLPF_CFG 4: ACC 21Hz  // GYRO  20Hz
         DLPF_CFG 5: ACC 10Hz  // GYRO  10Hz
         DLPF_CFG 6: ACC  5Hz  // GYRO   5Hz*/
    switch (cfg.gy_lpf)

So for me to set acc 21Hz and gyro 20Hz I just do "set gy_lpf = 20"?

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

My note on P and I adjustment on GPS Hold.

-Start with P around .06-.07 (as seen on MultiWii GUI) and go up by .01 at a time. Watch to see if errors get amplified and worsen. If so, P is too high and adjust it lower until error magnitude is contained. In my case, it's the diameter of toilet bowling effect. I saw a big change going from .06 to .08! It can toilet bowl but as long as it stays contained. That's P value.

-My toilet bowling is CW until I value gets too high when it goes CCW. For the I value, I was going up by .1 at a time. Once I found opposite rotation, then I back down by half of the last step, almost like a binary search.

My I value is .47 for carrying about 2,200mAh battery (typically near 200gr), but it would start toilet bowl if I used the same for 5,000mAh battery (around 400gr). The more stable I for the large battery is .49!

Hope this helps.
Video at https://vimeo.com/106949355

lld

Post by lld »

Update:

Did fly the testcode 3 today in very windy conditions.

Position hold was very stable even in windy conditions. What I liked was the fact that even with applying rudder and turning the copter around it stayed in the same spot.

Transition from flying to pos hold was relatively smooth when the speed was not too high. When flying quite quick this transition was a bit abrupt, so this needs some tweaking.

RTL was great from upwind or the side.

From downwind (returning into the wind) it was struggling.
- speed too slow, especially around home point. Sometimes not starting autoland as I assume it did not reach home position. I did increase the nav_speed_min to 200 and max to 500 and gps_maxangle to 40 but that did not help
- changing rtl_mnh from 0 to 8 seemed to have made the issue more severe. Sometimes it did not even start returning
- what is rtl_mnd doing ?
- which parameter makes the corrections (angle) for RTL larger so it can fight the wind better ?

I am already very happy with how it goes now.

Thanks for the help

Ro

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Mr-Fiero wrote:

Love it! just awesome.

watch your gps maxangle, I found in my winds it was a bit short set to 35 and flying in 50km/h winds......just sayin...lol

which house motors did you get? 1080kv? what blades, seems like you have a pretty good combo going. Flight time? I mean without wind.....

Hi Mr-Fiero,
this is my setup on the video :
- Sport Flip frame : http://www.hoverthings.com/frame-sets/t ... black.html
- 1088 kv motors : http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/motors ... 0-50s.html
- 30 A ESCs (Simon K) : http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/speed- ... rotor.html
- Naze32 + D8R-II (re-flashed for PPM).
- Props : Gemfan 9X4.7
- Neo 6 GPS : http://www.myrcmart.com/neo6m-ubloxublo ... -8027.html

- Flight time : 8 min with 2200 lipo (but I'm very conservative ...).

Cheers,

Chris
Last edited by leocopter on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ww_kayak

Post by ww_kayak »

Quick code question: (Ha)

I've built the git source(T3) in eclipse with out any problems, but the release hex is too big to flash (0x08027354 > 0x08020000, optimized for size -Os). What can I remove from the build to trim it down, or is there some other symbol table I need to strip from the binary?

Without me providing a ton of build specifics, are there some general ideas of stuff to look for, or change.

BTW, I already had some great results with T3, and Mr-Fiero's code, but I just want to tinker with some Mavlink/minimOSD/HDOP stuff.

Thanks.

strips

Sv: Harakiri aka multiwii port to stm32

Post by strips »

ww_kayak wrote:Quick code question: (Ha)

I've built the git source(T3) in eclipse with out any problems, but the release hex is too big to flash (0x08027354 > 0x08020000, optimized for size -Os). What can I remove from the build to trim it down, or is there some other symbol table I need to strip from the binary?

Without me providing a ton of build specifics, are there some general ideas of stuff to look for, or change.

BTW, I already had some great results with T3, and Mr-Fiero's code, but I just want to tinker with some Mavlink/minimOSD/HDOP stuff.

Thanks.

I do not know how to help you but I'd like to set up Eclipse my self. Do you have any resources helping me set up the env?

ww_kayak

Post by ww_kayak »

I just followed these instruction, and I didn't use Yagarto, because I didn't see very many people using it.
https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/ ... th-Eclipse

The only other thing I had to add under the "Cross ARM Linker->Miscellaneous->Other linker Flags" setting was "--specs=nosys.specs". This fixes an unresolved reference to "_exit" error.

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

Spotter6 wrote:

Only because you are interested......
Here is a Ublox config (programmed via Ucenter) that is tighter (much less deviation) if you want to play with it. Its a bit more aggressive and may not agree with smaller antenna's. Your mileage may vary. It works very well for one of my test units.

If you use this file, put in in your Ublox and use gps_type = 4 for testing.

You will take longer for lock, and probably less SV's, but deviation is way less. Its also 5.85hz NAV update with SVINFO active. 38400 baud. (correction)

UPDATE
See newer file/notes below....I guess this file now is compatible with APM2.5 ...... 38400 buad..... my mistake. Download the 115200 file instead, not this one..... I'll leave it hear though incase anyone runs at 38400. I noticed is cause i plugged in the rover, and it was already talking without changing baud.
Attachments
NEO6 Sept 24 2014.rar
Ucenter Ublox config. Tools, GNSS configuration, File > GNSS - make sure to save to EEPROM also! Receiver, Action, Save Config.
(801 Bytes) Downloaded 171 times
Last edited by Mr-Fiero on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

Mr-Fiero wrote:
Spotter6 wrote:

Only because you are interested......
Here is a Ublox config (programmed via Ucenter) that is tighter (much less deviation) if you want to play with it. Its a bit more aggressive and may not agree with smaller antenna's. Your mileage may vary. It works very well for one of my test units.

If you use this file, put in in your Ublox and use gps_type = 4 for testing.

You will take longer for lock, and probably less SV's, but deviation is way less. Its also 5.85hz NAV update with SVINFO active. 115200 baud.

Thanks! Appreciate your effort. I will try it in the next few days. An FTDI adapter supposed to come by mail a few days ago.

Did you see my vimeo video? I wonder if the range of movement while in GPS Hold is consistent with the relaxed deviation.

BTW, I just got in a cheap $13.80 GPS 6M from Shenzhen, active antenna. Did a 4 wire solder and it's talking to Naze32. Haven't test it in flight, too windy now.
I also just ordered a $22+ 7M GPS 10Hz from Shenzhen.

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

@ spotter6

Love the video, its looking really good! especially since your skyview is somewhat limited (very cloudy). I also got a solar radiation warning yesterday, so things could get better in the next day or so.

I dont think its deviation from the GPS. I think you are maybe too fast on the position.... I mean, just a hair hot. (pos rate, or P values?) Its so close its scary, especially for that small frame. Your now going to be splitting hairs. very small adjustments. Its looking very good for PH. The reason why I say this, is because every movement is towards the centre, the centre being desired position, and that does not seem to change. It seems to go a hair past desired position each time. you could even try gps_expo just a hair and see if it helps.

Yea, new GPS's for you......I myself just ordered Neo7m engines to replace some of my Neo6m engines on the boards. Already have the boards ready, just need to wait for the snail mail now....painful. Neo7 's biggest advantage for us is the NAV rates can be increased to 10hz. GLONASS is useless as on the 7 its either or system, not both. But its a faster engine. I will be using my 35mm antenna's. My main purpose for this, is now, I am trying to get the Ublox more accurate for running a rover, and against fixed positions (map) its a PITA. I have already had good success, but its harder than relative positions believe it or not. And, there is only so much that can be done in Ulox settings.

I actually found a use for the ardupilots...lol

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

OOPS, sorry, I need to repost that file, I had the port set to 38400 cause I was testing on the rover, I forgot I changed baud so it would talk to APM2.5........Please re-download......

This file is 115200 baud, SVINFO active, and tighter settings (less deviation) but may not agree with smaller antenna's or weaker signal setup. If everything is good, then it will work. Longer fix time, less SV's will be noticed, but nicer position with 5.85hz NAV updates.
Attachments
NEO6 Sept 24 2014.rar
Ucenter Ublox config. Tools, GNSS configuration, File > GNSS - make sure to save to EEPROM also! Receiver, Action, Save Config.
(802 Bytes) Downloaded 165 times

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

Ok. Thanks again!

Decided to test fly with new GPS. It locked first sat in less than 20 sec and got 7 sats in 29sec, warm. Active antenna. About 50% of the time the other one took. The craft showed seemingly tighter swings as in video, in gusty and varying wind. All with same PIDs as in video.

I will try your adjustment suggestions tomorrow.

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

Spotter6 wrote:Ok. Thanks again!

Decided to test fly with new GPS. It locked first sat in less than 20 sec and got 7 sats in 29sec, warm. Active antenna. About 50% of the time the other one took. The craft showed seemingly tighter swings as in video, in gusty and varying wind. All with same PIDs as in video.

I will try your adjustment suggestions tomorrow.

also, make sure your gps_delay is 500 or close... before other setting changes.

ww_kayak

Post by ww_kayak »

So, I was wondering why GPS Hold went from great to terrible, so I started to take everything apart and rewire... DOH!, no battery!

@ Mr-Fiero, will your code work with the LEA-6H? I know you disable most of the stuff this series is capable of, but it should still work fine, correct?
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/ublox-6h-gps-w-mounting-backplane-and-compass.html

Thanks

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

I dont disable anything that does not deserve it.... Yep, it will work perfectly on LEA6. My config does not have the extra LEA settings anyways, so its just missed when you program, leaving those settings intact on the LEA.

No battery means impact or something...you still might have other issues. Without a battery its a cold start every time, so if you were flying like that, it might of worked if you gave each fix 5 minutes....min. I do however see an EEPROM on that board, so at least your GPS programming stays intact.
Last edited by Mr-Fiero on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

One thing that's been nagging me:

when I type in CLI "status", I get this....

---
SENSORS:
Gyro MPU
Actual
X Offset: 8
Y Offset: -15
Z Offset: 15
Fallback
X Offset: 9
Y Offset: -14
Z Offset: 26
Temp: 36

Acc MPU6050
X Offset: -3
Y Offset: -133
Z Offset: 127
1G val: 4096

Mag HMC5883
X Offset: -187
Y Offset: 275
Z Offset: -70
X Gain*1000: 1000
Y Gain*1000: 1000
Z Gain*1000: 1000
Gain NOT OK

Baro MS5611
Temp: 36

STATS:
GPS:
Max Dist: 0 m
Max Speed: 0cm/s = 0Km/h
Hight:
Max Alt AGL: 0 m
Min Alt AGL: 0 m
Motor:
Actual Range: 1100 - 1950 at 480 Hz PWM.
No Stats
----

Why does it say "Gain NOT OK" under Mag sensor ??? It's been calibrated several times.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

Mr-Fiero wrote:
also, make sure your gps_delay is 500 or close... before other setting changes.

Got a few minutes of sunlight left...
I think the only parameter that I can change by small amount is gps_expo.

set gps_expo = 5 and Wow! it stayed in gusty wind. Changed to 7 and it wanders a bit more. So now, it's at 4.

Too dark and windy now. Fall weather is here.

ww_kayak

Post by ww_kayak »

Mr-Fiero wrote:No battery means impact or something...you still might have other issues.

Nope, never even had a hard landing with this one, just poor assembly I guess, and yes if I waited 5 minutes it worked great. :)

lld

Post by lld »

Video of last test of POS hold. Wind was over 20 kph

Ro

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick »

lld wrote:Video of last test of POS hold. Wind was over 20 kph

Ro

That's some impressive position hold !
I hope mine is as good as that when I finally get to test it. Could you post your dump so we can see how you have set your parameters.
I have just ordered some copper foil for under the gps......have you done this ?

lld

Post by lld »

As requested my dump

Flown with UBLOX NEO 6M, running mr. Fiero's configuration file

lld wrote:
# dump
Config:
FW: HarakiriSG pre2.6 TestCode3Sep 11 2014 / 23:05:21
ID|AUXCHAN : 01 02 03 04
00|ANGLE : LM- --H --- ---
01|HORIZON : --- --- --- ---
02|BARO : L-- --H --- --H
03|MAG : L-- --H -M- ---
04|CAMSTAB : --- --- --- ---
05|ARM : --- --- --- ---
06|GPS HOME: --- --H --- ---
07|GPS HOLD: L-- --- --- ---
08|GPS AUTO: --- --- --- ---
09|PASSTHRU: --- --- --- ---
10|HEADFREE: --- --- --H ---
11|BEEPER : --- --- --- ---
12|HEADADJ : --- --- --- ---
13|OSD SW : --- --- --- ---
14|GTUNE : --- --- --- ---
Current mixer: TRI
Custom mixer:
Motor Thr Roll Pitch Yaw
Sanity check: OK OK OK
Enabled features: PPM GPS
Current assignment: AETR1234
Current settings:
rc_db = 20
rc_dbyw = 20
rc_dbah = 50
rc_dbgps = 5
rc_trm_rll = 0.000
rc_trm_ptch = 0.000
rc_minchk = 1100
rc_mid = 1520
rc_maxchk = 1900
rc_lowlat = 1
rc_rllrm = 0
rc_killt = 0
rc_flpsp = 0
rc_motor = 0
rc_auxch = 4
rc_rate = 100
rc_expo = 80
thr_mid = 50
thr_expo = 0
roll_pitch_rate = 0
yawrate = 0
rc_oldyw = 0
devorssi = 0
rssicut = 0
gt_loP_rll = 20
gt_loP_ptch = 20
gt_loP_yw = 20
gt_hiP_rll = 70
gt_hiP_ptch = 70
gt_hiP_yw = 70
gt_pwr = 0
esc_min = 1100
esc_max = 1950
esc_nfly = 1300
esc_nwmx = 1
esc_moff = 1000
esc_pwm = 400
srv_pwm = 50
pass_mot = 0
fs_delay = 10
fs_ofdel = 200
fs_rcthr = 1200
fs_ddplt = 0
fs_jstph = 0
fs_nosnr = 1
serial_baudrate = 115200
tele_prot = 0
spektrum_hires = 0
vbatscale = 110
vbatmaxcellvoltage = 43
vbatmincellvoltage = 33
power_adc_channel = 0
tri_ydir = -1
tri_ymid = 1520
tri_ymin = 1020
tri_ymax = 2000
tri_ydel = 0
wing_left_min = 1020
wing_left_mid = 1500
wing_left_max = 2000
wing_right_min = 1020
wing_right_mid = 1500
wing_right_max = 2000
pitch_direction_l = 1
pitch_direction_r = -1
roll_direction_l = 1
roll_direction_r = 1
gbl_flg = 1
gbl_pgn = 10
gbl_rgn = 10
gbl_pmn = 1020
gbl_pmx = 2000
gbl_pmd = 1500
gbl_rmn = 1020
gbl_rmx = 2000
gbl_rmd = 1500
al_barolr = 50
al_snrlr = 50
al_debounce = 5
al_tobaro = 2000
al_tosnr = 1000
as_lnchr = 200
as_clmbr = 100
as_trgt = 0
as_stdev = 10
align_gyro_x = 0
align_gyro_y = 0
align_gyro_z = 0
align_acc_x = 0
align_acc_y = 0
align_acc_z = 0
align_mag_x = 0
align_mag_y = 0
align_mag_z = 0
align_board_yaw = 0
acc_hdw = 2
acc_lpfhz = 10.000
acc_altlpfhz = 10
acc_gpslpfhz = 15
gy_lpf = 42
gy_gcmpf = 700
gy_mcmpf = 200
gy_smrll = 0
gy_smptc = 0
gy_smyw = 0
gy_stdev = 5
accz_vcf = 0.985
accz_acf = 0.960
bar_lag = 0.300
bar_dscl = 0.700
bar_dbg = 0
mag_dec = -135
mag_time = 1
mag_gain = 0
gps_baudrate = 115200
gps_type = 1
gps_ins_vel = 0.600
gps_lag = 2000
gps_ph_minsat = 6
gps_expo = 20
gps_ph_settlespeed = 10
gps_maxangle = 35
gps_ph_brakemaxangle = 15
gps_ph_minbrakepercent = 50
gps_ph_brkacc = 40
gps_wp_radius = 200
rtl_mnh = 0
rtl_cr = 80
rtl_mnd = 0
gps_rtl_flyaway = 0
gps_yaw = 30
nav_rtl_lastturn = 1
nav_speed_min = 100
nav_speed_max = 350
nav_approachdiv = 3
nav_tiltcomp = 30
nav_ctrkgain = 0.500
nav_controls_heading = 0
nav_tail_first = 0
stat_clear = 1
gps_pos_p = 10
gps_pos_i = 40
gps_pos_d = 0
gps_posr_p = 70
gps_posr_i = 0
gps_posr_d = 100
gps_nav_p = 15
gps_nav_i = 0
gps_nav_d = 0
looptime = 3000
mainpidctrl = 0
maincuthz = 12
gpscuthz = 45
p_pitch = 52
i_pitch = 30
d_pitch = 30
p_roll = 52
i_roll = 30
d_roll = 30
p_yaw = 50
i_yaw = 45
d_yaw = 10
p_alt = 100
i_alt = 30
d_alt = 80
p_level = 80
i_level = 10
d_level = 50
snr_type = 3
snr_min = 30
snr_max = 200
snr_dbg = 0
snr_tilt = 18
snr_cf = 0.500
snr_diff = 0
snr_land = 1
LED_invert = 0
LED_Type = 1
LED_pinout = 1
LED_ControlChannel = 8
LED_ARMED = 0
LED_Toggle_Delay1 = 8
LED_Toggle_Delay2 = 8
LED_Toggle_Delay3 = 8
LED_Pattern1 = 1300
LED_Pattern2 = 1800
LED_Pattern3 = 1900

#
Last edited by lld on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

@lld
From the post just above, it says virgin GPS....what virgin GPS did you use? it was virgin at 115200? Obliviously pre-programmed when you bought it. I'm always curious of GPS's....Where did you get it? - Maybe I read your post wrong as its a cut and paste.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

Ro

Awesome! I think you've got it !

Congrats!!!!!!

shackfu

Post by shackfu »

Hi!
Is there a way to access the sat count value via frsky telemetry?
Which variable should i use in my lua script (taranis)

Would be great if anybody could help.

Spotter6

Re:

Post by Spotter6 »

shackfu wrote:Hi!
Is there a way to access the sat count value via frsky telemetry?
Which variable should i use in my lua script (taranis)

Would be great if anybody could help.

I would start with Taranis' own GPS module, to see which variables they pass down. Then access those variables to see if it works.

AFAIK, I don't remember that Taranis even have a variable defined for "number of sats". It only has the basics. Hope I'm wrong. :)

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

I worked on the parameters a little more. Wind makes it difficult. It can exacerbate the craft's behavior. Steady wind is one thing, gusts and turbulence is another. It got better, however, with the same hardware.

http://vimeo.com/107186358

Mr-Fiero

Post by Mr-Fiero »

@ Spotter6
That is looking awesome, its doing pretty good in the wind! Good job!

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

Spotter6 wrote:I worked on the parameters a little more. Wind makes it difficult. It can exacerbate the craft's behavior. Steady wind is one thing, gusts and turbulence is another. It got better, however, with the same hardware.

http://vimeo.com/107186358

Yes, very nice an price position hold ... actually wind or no wind ... if the GPS is giving good data ... it does not really effect much the wind on position hold ... a weak GPS will also cause unprecise GPS PH without any wind at all.

But ... do you call this a windy day ?

This is a windy day for me

With the copter always at 30deg inclination fighting the wind :ugeek:

lld

Post by lld »

Mr-Fiero wrote:@lld
From the post just above, it says virgin GPS....what virgin GPS did you use? it was virgin at 115200? Obliviously pre-programmed when you bought it. I'm always curious of GPS's....Where did you get it? - Maybe I read your post wrong as its a cut and paste.

Indeed it was a typo due to copy-paste from earlier post. The virgin was referring to a new one I used to debug the issues I had.

The video shown was flown with UBLOX NEO6M running your configuration settings.

I was happy with the POS hold and RTL from upwind. Into the wind it was struggling

lld

Post by lld »

Spotter6 wrote:

Ro

Awesome! I think you've got it !

Congrats!!!!!!

Thanks, but still some tweaking to be done. ;)

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

lld wrote:
Mr-Fiero wrote:@lld

Indeed it was a typo due to copy-paste from earlier post. The virgin was referring to a new one I used to debug the issues I had.

The video shown was flown with UBLOX NEO6M running your configuration settings.

I was happy with the POS hold and RTL from upwind. Into the wind it was struggling

Very good to know that more and more people get the sme Mr.Fiero result with Harakiri and cheap NEO GPS ...

I'm still messing mainly on my KK2 MultiWii project ... but I have multiple DIY Naze32 ready to run harakiri ...

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

e_lm_70 wrote:
Yes, very nice an price position hold ... actually wind or no wind ... if the GPS is giving good data ... it does not really effect much the wind on position hold ... a weak GPS will also cause unprecise GPS PH without any wind at all.

But ... do you call this a windy day ?

This is a windy day for me......

With the copter always at 30deg inclination fighting the wind :ugeek:

Yes, that's windy on that field. I do wonder, however, that in an open field with steady wind but no turbulence, the craft would have different response or it would demand different ability from the craft. Thus expose different tuning weaknesses.

Turbulence is when you get gusts of varying strengths, coming from different 3D directions (vs. a steady strength and direction) at different durations. In a passenger airplane, that's when you get tossed around. Near ground level, you can get temporary cyclonic action around structures, twirling winds, eddy currents. The quad would bounce around more, if not tuned optimally. I guess you can call it "resonance frequency of response" that varies with different PID combinations. It's now a more dynamic 4-dimension problem, entering the Time dimension.

What I should do in a day like that and at the same turbulent location, is to bring out my F450 on Naza v2 and see how well it can respond to the same condition.

This HKiri fw, if it can deal with turbulence more effectively at 32-bit (more MIPS) than another FC solution, coupled with better GPS precision and refresh rates, can set itself at a more superior level like a much more expensive FC above the Naza class of controllers.