How to get multiwii data in a different software?

Andresc4

How to get multiwii data in a different software?

Post by Andresc4 »

Hello guys, im new on the forum and on this multirotos hobby. Im building my tricopter based on mutiwii and i still learnign how this works...
so i apologise if this is a basic question...

i want to use an arduino nano + gy85 to create a Vr Headset... and i need to get the rigth data from the pitch/roll/yaw. I was investigating a lot on how to program the kalman filter into the arduino, and its a nigthmare, beside, all this is already solved, tested, and done on the multiwii software, so i dont really need to do it again from scratch.

What i want to do, its to output the multiwii data of the multiwii conf app, via rs232 and to read that on a different software. Im using Arduino + VVVV, what i really need to know is,,
1 what is the command that is sent from the multiwii gui software to the arduino to start the Data output ?
2 how is that data encoded ?

i know that i can see this on the multiwii sketch, but to be honest, im kind of newbie with arduino, and its been a nigthmare to find where is the serial.read that starts the process.

Basically i need to get all the data from the gui so i can use it on my software, this is the project im working on

( on this video in using the code from rcgroups headtraking sketch, but i dont have any data from the magnetrometer, so the offstet is moving all the time, and i dont have roll data )

Once i got the data, would need to know the structure, to know what is each value, but i guess that won't be hard.
i was using this software to get the data, this is from a headtraking project http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 59&page=72
but its limited to 180* , and i need to calibrate the sensor and may other things that were working from scratch on the multi software and on the same hardware

I really appreciate any help on this. And i would love to contribute with any need of the community regarding a realistic 3d view of that data using the vvvv environment .

thanks, Andres :)

Hamburger

Re: How to get multiwii data in a different software?

Post by Hamburger »

Search for thread about New MultiWii protocol. Post #1 has the info you need.