Adjusting parameters in flight via receiver channel value?

hkubota

Adjusting parameters in flight via receiver channel value?

Post by hkubota »

While moving my Naze32 to a new quad frame (frame, motor, props are new), I quickly realized that the old parameters I used are way off.
Adjusting most parameters is straightforward thanks to good default values, but it's a bit tedious to do fine-tuning.
Using Bluetooth and an Android phone helps, but it forces me to land, adjust parameters, test. Rince, repeat.

So the question:
Is it possible to use a channel from the receiver to adjust a value and, since I expect this to be technically possible, is someone working on this?

An example: AUX3/AUX4, which are not in use in my configuration can modify another value:
E.g: P(eff)=P(original)+(1500-AUX3)/500*P(original)
which would allow P(eff) to move between 0 and 2*P(original)

There's no saving of that new P(yaw) needed as long as it can be read out via multiwiiconf, so no worries about updating EEPROM/FLASH.

Peter

Re: Adjusting parameters in flight via receiver channel valu

Post by Peter »

Would really like to have that too!

alll

Post by alll »

+1
This would be really great!
I would like to have it like this:

Unarmed => Aux1 to select Roll,Pich,Yaw axis => Aux2 to select P, I, D param => Throttle stick to set param value (0..100%) => Pitch stick down to save param value to eeprom
When throttle stick equal current value, blink led or buzzer.

Manu

hkubota

Post by hkubota »

alll wrote:+1
Unarmed => Aux1 to select Roll,Pich,Yaw axis => Aux2 to select P, I, D param => Throttle stick to set param value (0..100%) => Pitch stick down to save param value to eeprom

That however means I have to stop, unarm, change parameter, arm, test. Then using Android/Bluetooth is far more convenient.
I'm looking for adjustment while flying.

Harald

alll

Post by alll »

Armed => Aux3 to select P, I, D (for roll & pitch) via 3 way switch => Aux4 adjust via proportional pot => a way to confirm and save to eeprom?...

hkubota

Post by hkubota »

alll wrote:Armed => Aux3 to select P, I, D (for roll & pitch) via 3 way switch => Aux4 adjust via proportional pot => a way to confirm and save to eeprom?...

I have a hard time to think how this would work in reality.

If I want to do more complex things, I'd rather then connect an RF link (433MHz or XBee) to enter commands to the CLI interface, but that's too complex to do as a single person.

I'd rather have a very simple: 2 dials for max. 2 parameters to adjust.
Simple is good.

alll

Post by alll »

hkubota wrote:
alll wrote:+1

That however means I have to stop, unarm, change parameter, arm, test. Then using Android/Bluetooth is far more convenient.
I'm looking for adjustment while flying.

Harald

I am an old fashion simple guy, on the field i have only my transmitter and the flying thing.
I think we often forget the transmitter, it can contribute a lot in all kind of situations!
I had this way implemented in KK firmware, and took me only 1 battery to tune PID settings on a new multicopter!

manu

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Personally, I believe we should be looking at self-adjusting PID as in an Expert system. Maybe the ATMega328 is outdated but there is nothing preventing this from happening on the AtMega2560 and STM32 FC. ;)