Baseflight aka multiwii port to stm32

Re: Baseflight aka multiwii port to stm32

Postby Hamburger » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:42 am

- no legal problems
- maintaining two forks in parallel over long time is not desirable- about twice the work, never in sync, etc.
Hamburger

Postby tovrin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:37 pm

ok, so its will TC move his branch here and allow MW Community to help code, or do you start your own fork and deal with potential inefficiencies?

what we need is TC on the forum adding his $.02, right?
tovrin

Postby dr.tom » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:42 pm

if you read what is written here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... st22208331

it looks someone else must integrate MS5611 sensor into baseflight :(
or at least write driver folowing timecop's rules.

+ integrate new Marbalon's code for althold using accZ+baro

what we need is TC on the forum adding his $.02, right?

timecop is already here, but under dong username
dr.tom

Postby itain » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:43 pm

dr.tom wrote:it looks someone else must integrate MS5611 sensor into baseflight :(
or at least write driver folowing timecop's rules.

dr.tom, I think you are missing the major point here. It is about doing changes to MultiWii so that:
a. It will be portable to other architectures and other development environments.
b. Every new feature (and that includes new sensors, flight modes and more) will be automatically available in all supported architectures (except those architectures that do not have enough memory or IO to support it).

Personally, I do not think that timecop's port is a good base for this. He has ported parts of MultiWii to a specific board. Adding the missing features and making it run on atmega328p again may be more work than doing the required changes to the current codebase.
itain

Postby copterrichie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:00 pm

itain wrote:
Personally, I do not think that timecop's port is a good base for this. He has ported parts of MultiWii to a specific board. Adding the missing features and making it run on atmega328p again may be more work than doing the required changes to the current codebase.

In addition, not bashing TC because he has done a fantastic job at porting the MWC to the STM32 platform however, TC only included items important to him. There were a number of requests made to support the "SO-CALLED Hack GPS I2C" and he claimed Baseflight will never support it. There are a number of other items not included for example, Airplane Mixing.
copterrichie

Postby aidensere07 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:34 pm

I think maybe if people helped implement them instead of tc doing all the work I can't see why he wouldn't include them, just seems the only person porting code is tc. I wish I could code, I have naze32. I'd love to help port stuff over but its out of ny comfort zone right now. Just my opinion :grin:
aidensere07

Postby copterrichie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:44 pm

There are people attempting to do just that BUT.....
copterrichie

Postby nicodh » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:46 pm

And people that make it. GPS and SONAR where added by people having the iniciative to do so, and TC include it even if he didn't want to do it at first. I also did some mods that I neeeded for my rigs, and TC is adding them since it find it would be useful for other.
I know as a fact that a lot of people like the way TC does, but hey, he start it alone, did a very big part of the work, you disagree don't use his soft.Simple as that.
nicodh

Postby tovrin » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Nico, that doesnt seem to be a very fair comment as we are discussing a complete port for the specific use of the MW Community, and not just to help make TC's port work for those who need it.

I have no doubt that TC is not only a respectable programmer, but a sincere person who is more than willing to help work something out, but we have yet to hear his POV in this discussion.

maybe it would be appropriate to just start over, but i think it would be useful to hear what Dong has to say.
tovrin

Postby rreims » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:41 am

Good news! There is a change that TC will add MS5611 to baseflight. Ordered MS5611 imu to him, so he could to the magic :D So anybody who want to help look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1668273&page=14
rreims

PreviousNext

Return to Software