Baseflight aka multiwii port to stm32

presidenten

Re: Baseflight aka multiwii port to stm32

Post by presidenten »

Hahahhaa ok. Ill try again.
Flashed 10.02.2014 firmware on Naze32 rev5.

Softserial enabled. Now I cant connect via usb or reflash to get rid of the setting anymore.

Any ideas?

Crady

Post by Crady »

timecop wrote:In that long post I missed what it is that you actually did and what is it youre trying to do.
What is the "third serial port" checkbox?

After updating to the latest firmware I also can no longer connect via USB. The board isn't 'bricked' (it boots and it flies) but it is now utterly useless now as I can't program modes or anything else.

Do anyone have a solution as to how to restore USB connectivity to these boards???

scrat

Post by scrat »

I have 3 boards original rev5 with latest bf...all working usb connections every time on Mac and Win 8.1. Do you have the latest bf configurator and latest CP drivers installed?

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

Try a different cable, reboot your machine. Anything different from when you could connect to the board? OSD?

scrat

Post by scrat »

Question:

what does gyro_cmpf_factor and gyro_cmpfm_factor do? Thx.

franko_

Post by franko_ »

Hello,

i fly a minicopter and when i fly with speed and release the sticks the copter is drifting a long distance.
How can i reduce the drifting when i release the sticks in angle mode? Is there a parameter acc brake?

My other copter with apm brakes very fast in stable mode and it´s flying very crisp.

Hope someone could help me to tune this.

TIA
Frank

hwurzburg

GPS fix not being reported correctly in Config

Post by hwurzburg »

Just put a UBLOX NEO-6M gps on my NAZE32 with cleanflight...
In the Config GPS tab, its showing 7 sats indoors,and the correct LAT/LON...but the FIX is flashing alternatively on and off....the fix led on the GPS is blinking, indicating 3DFIX....and if I put the GPS on U-Center, it also shows 7 sats or so, but a steady 3DFIX....

the GPS is 38400 and I set NAVs to pedestrian mode and 5hz...

I have seen reports that if Cleanflight loses fix while navigating, it can crash the quad (due to GPS_ANGLE not being reset)....and at the very least, an intermittent FIX being reported falsely would cancel the GPS operations in the code...

anyone have any insight?

hwurzburg

GPS fix not being reported correctly in Config

Post by hwurzburg »

Just put a UBLOX NEO-6M gps on my NAZE32 with cleanflight...
In the Config GPS tab, its showing 7 sats indoors,and the correct LAT/LON...but the FIX is flashing alternatively on and off....the fix led on the GPS is blinking, indicating 3DFIX....and if I put the GPS on U-Center, it also shows 7 sats or so, but a steady 3DFIX....

I have seen reports that if Cleanflight loses fix while navigating, it can crash the quad (due to GPS_ANGLE not being reset)....and at the very least, an intermittent FIX being reported falsely would cancel the GPS operations in the code...

anyone have any insight?

timecop

Re: GPS fix not being reported correctly in Config

Post by timecop »

hwurzburg wrote:Just put a UBLOX NEO-6M gps on my NAZE32 with cleanflight...

anyone have any insight?

Wrong thread

Debogus

Post by Debogus »

timecop ?
The newest firmware is working awesome and the position hold and RTH are working pretty well too. :D Fun to head off to the far side of the field and see what it will do , like in a lost video scenario......Little 250 quads are so hard to find in grass
Next is messing with the nav settings in the CLI to speed up the transit time, it gets there , just would prefer a bit faster,So I doubled the number to start.

mr.rc-cam

Post by mr.rc-cam »

Baseflight 231, Oct 24 version: I ran into an issue with using Frsky TELEMETRY && SOFTSERIAL and a current sensor. When I select telemetry_port=1 the pin on RC CH8 is accidentally set to be a output with a logic high pin state (which disables the ADC feature on that pin). This interferes with using the CH8 pin (power_adc_channel=9) for the current sensor input. Using the ADC assigned to RC CH2 (power_adc_channel=1) is still Ok, so that is a workaround.

Edit/Update: This was my first Baseflight installation and just wanted to say Thank You to the developers / contributors. I'm using it in a 250 size Quad with Flip32+, minimOSD, FrSky telemetry, & HD camera. A summary of the build is posted here:
http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?/ ... build-log/

- Thomas
Last edited by mr.rc-cam on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ummagawd

Post by ummagawd »

Got a new acro board, flashed it with latest fw via configurat or gui as of November 1 2014. Everything send fine except that I cant get into CLI via bluetooth anymore (using naze configurator app). It says that I'm using an 8 bit processor.

Anyone have any ideas? I used to solve this by ensuring the board is disarmed or by post cycling. No luck this time. Any help would be appreciated so I can continue tuning my new build in the field. Thanks

shikra

Post by shikra »

Can anyone confirm if on latest baseflight, MWheading sent via MSP is in format 0 to+360 or -180 to+180
Am sure I saw something somewhere to say it changed, but couldn't find it on github.

treym

Post by treym »

0 to+360

shikra

Post by shikra »

edit:
Thanks for the info - so it hasn't changed then :) :)

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

A quick question for TC : I've been using the Air Hero32 FC with the latest BF. It's a great flyer (but then so are all your boards ... I specially like the AfroMini32 on my micro Hquads). Would it be possible for you to make I2C available on the Flex port ?

I did a small hack to wire the Bat pad to the M1 port. I now have FRSKY telem with Vfas on my Taranis :D .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD2L8Sr ... e=youtu.be

CoolD

Post by CoolD »

My recent crash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diBUqN7BlNk
the motors cut out all of a sudden and the buzzer went beeping in rapid fashion.
is that buzzer tone indicative of something ?
please help, the firmware on it was Oct 22nd official release of base flight.

treym

Post by treym »

CoolD wrote:My recent crash
the motors cut out all of a sudden and the buzzer went beeping in rapid fashion.

no motor output , rapid beep .. board was restart ? : check for bad solder & connector

https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/ ... ain.c#L271

CoolD

Post by CoolD »

treym wrote:
CoolD wrote:My recent crash

no motor output , rapid beep .. board was restart ? : check for bad solder & connector

https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/ ... ain.c#L271

thanks, that looks like a possible cause, the BEC was connected using header pins not soldered in. I added a 470uf capacitor to prevent future brownouts hopefully that will help.

Debogus

Post by Debogus »

So why doesnt baseflight have in its code a way of re zeroing the output on the baro , altitude sent to the OSD?
Should happen every time you disarm re-arm....... right ?
Have a naze 32 and a flip 32 and they both have this issue ..... so its not them, its in baseflight

OR is there a setting in the cli I have over looked? :o

Hutch67

Post by Hutch67 »

Hello!
I would like to use FEATURE_3D and HORIZON/ANGLE mode together.
So after flipping upside down and putting throttle to negativ values (props rotating in opposite direction) horizon mode should level the copter flying up side down.

Is this possible with current Baseflight version?

Thx!

bulesz

Post by bulesz »

Guys,

Could you help me with RTH...which CLI setting sets the "facing to home" ? I mean "turn back and come home" instead just "come home" ... ;)

Cheerz,
B

scrat

Post by scrat »

default is set nav_controls_heading = 1 so that means...coming home with nose forward and at home point turns like it was when taking off.

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

I made a driver for IBUS, the flysky flavor of serialrx.

Unluckily i am not able to use git and make a decent pull request. My brain doesent get git.
So i did attach my whole SRC folder in the hopes someone can make a IBUS patch out of it.
The original SRC is of today, there should not be too much noise whith it.
Attachments
src.zip
(152.62 KiB) Downloaded 1735 times

fiendie

Post by fiendie »

Plüschi wrote:I made a driver for IBUS, the flysky flavor of serialrx.

Unluckily i am not able to use git and make a decent pull request. My brain doesent get git.
So i did attach my whole SRC folder in the hopes someone can make a IBUS patch out of it.
The original SRC is of today, there should not be too much noise whith it.

https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/pull/241

It'll need some TLC. I'll fix the formatting issues later. Other than it looks good, thanks ;)

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

TY

I my uVision4 the indentation looks good ... i had no idea.

fiendie

Post by fiendie »

Plüschi wrote:TY
I my uVision4 the indentation looks good ... i had no idea.

https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/ ... 12fba77ec2

There ya go. Thanks a lot.

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

Thank YOU fiendie. I did update the wiki as well.

https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/ ... upner-SUMD

MarbleMan5000

Help with 3d tricopter code needed

Post by MarbleMan5000 »

Hey guys,
I built a 3d Tricopter but am missing one key feature that I'm looking for help implementing on the Naze. In order to keep from spinning out of control when inverted, the rudder servo needs to reverse when the throttle goes negative. Below is the link to the issue on Github. Any help would really be appreciated as this is the last thing I need resolved to finish this project. If you are willing to help I'd be happy to paypal you some money to buy a case of your favorite frosty beverage as a thank you! :D
https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/issues/249
Thanks
Steve

pjman

Post by pjman »

So has PH and RTH been worked on and working better now?

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Hi,
the servo settings are broken in the BF configurator (for airplanes). Does anyone have a work around for this ?

* Edit : the work around is to use PatrikE's mixer : http://fotoflygarn.blogspot.com/2015...fixedwing.html until the GUI is fixed.

gke

Post by gke »

Fiendie,

Should the timer re-enable be delayed until after ALL of the channel counters have been set by pwmWriteSyncPwm? I will post an issue on gitHub.

Nice coding BTW.

Greg

blackmennewstyle

Post by blackmennewstyle »

Hello everyone,

I don't know if it is the correct topic to post my message.

I wanted to try the new implementation of "Oneshot" in Baseflight. It seems to work but i luckily (or not) noticed also something strange.
I changed my looptime in the CLI to 1500 and i went to the "Motor Testing" pannel, i calibrated my ESCs then i tried to play with my motors and i discovered that all my motors stop spinning when i reached the value 1500 and my ESCs also rebooted.
I changed my looptime in the CLI to 1900 (more than the max throttle input) and the reboot had gone. No ESC rebooting and motor kept spinning until max input.
Did i miss something or did i do something wrong?

Thanks for your explanations.

ardufriki

Post by ardufriki »

Hi, I have a CC3D board w/o baro and mag for an airplane.

Does baseflight-fixedwing have RTH capabilities (w/o baro and mag)?

fiendie

Post by fiendie »

blackmennewstyle wrote:Hello everyone,

I wanted to try the new implementation of "Oneshot" in Baseflight. It seems to work but i luckily (or not) noticed also something strange.
I changed my looptime in the CLI to 1500 and i went to the "Motor Testing" pannel, i calibrated my ESCs then i tried to play with my motors and i discovered that all my motors stop spinning when i reached the value 1500 and my ESCs also rebooted.
I changed my looptime in the CLI to 1900 (more than the max throttle input) and the reboot had gone. No ESC rebooting and motor kept spinning until max input.

Are you sure that your ESC firmware supports it? Did you enable both SyncPWM and FastPWM? The former works with every ESC wile the latter does not.
Also, in case you're using SimonK, why oh why the are you calibrating them?

crazyal

Post by crazyal »

blackmennewstyle wrote:Hello everyone,

that's pretty much expected behaviour, if you want looptimes < 2000 you have to set fastpwm aswell.
syncpwm just synchronizes the pwm pulses to the main loop. If you mainloop is faster than the pwm-high-time it'll go wrong, i.e it'll only output high and the esc will probably go into bootloader mode ?
so either stay with looptimes >2000 or set fastpwm aswell, which changes the high-pulse of your pwm to 250µs max. Just make sure that your esc supports that mode before. (blheli and simonk support it in the latest versions.)

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Hi tc and/or PatrikE. Airplane mode is broken in the latest BF (August). No output to servos.
Also the GUI is nice in airplane mode but please bring back the CLI. We need it to change gyro_lpf and also softserial settings (With the latest version of Afromini for example).
Thks !
Chris