YMFC-32 _Bluepill

RCvertt

YMFC-32 _Bluepill

Post by RCvertt »

Built this http://www.brokking.net/ymfc-32_main.html.

Can't get it off the ground. It wants to flip over. Appears as if the auto level is way to strong as if it is overpowering the transmitter making the transmitter commands useless.

Anyone else build one? I think this is the board I'd like to see multiwii ported over to.

RCvertt

Re: YMFC-32 _Bluepill

Post by RCvertt »

Any coders out there know how multiwii is handling "level" mode to prevent it from over powering the TX?

Sounds like we could make level mode weaker on the axis that the RC transmitter stick is deviated from center, which I think is how "Horizon" mode works.

Or we could actively add trim to the accel based on transmitter stick deflection. This sounds like the best solution to me. Is that what Multiwii is doing?

RCvertt

Post by RCvertt »

Gave it another try. Finally got it off the ground. I has some oscillations but it was flyable. I turned autolevel off and had to set all I and D to zero. Flew with only the default P. I also had to reverse my pitch channel in the TX.

Will have to play with I and D later. The I was to strong making making the motors ramp up a lot after a slight TX stick command.

RCvertt

Post by RCvertt »

RCvertt

Post by RCvertt »

Bumped D up from 8 to 12 and it became much much more stable. So I tried Autolevel. Works good. Only issue so far is that it wants to left up and end a lot when taking off. Doesn't lift off smoothly like MultiWii does. Once it's in the air it's stable. So I'm thinking it's an integral issue. Maybe it ramps up to soon?

Autolevel flight video.
https://youtu.be/QpnHilBpE2A