Ardunio error Multiwii drivers?

Mark001

Post by Mark001 »

Help!
I'm stuck. I recently got a new computer running Windows 10 and needed to program one of my boards. when I try to upload a sketch I get this error: " Cannot run program "{runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}\bin\avr-g++" (in directory "."): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified"

I think it may have to something to do with the driver. When I plug in my board and go to device manager all I see is COM Port 4. If I unplug the board, that port disappears so I know that is the port the board is on but should't it read Arduino or something like that? When I go to update the drivers and manually point it to the drivers I get a message that reads " The best driver for your software is already installed. So, like I said... I'm stuck!
Attachments
001.jpg

Kbev5709

Re: Ardunio error Multiwii drivers?

Post by Kbev5709 »

Do you have the correct board and correct processor selected in the arduino "Tools" menu? Also you must have the correct port specified there as well.

Hogg29

Post by Hogg29 »

I am having this same issue with my MinimOSD still not communicating on my Multiwii OSD GUI and Multiwii GUI in Windows 10.
Here is what I have found thus far:
Windows 10 automatically cripples and or will brick any FTDI chip or Silicon Labs chip found in most USB to Uart and Multiwii Boards if it deems it counterfeit.
You can go to Device manager and uninstall drivers and be sure to click the check box that says "DELETE THE DIVER SOFTWARE FOR THIS DEVICE". Go to the Silicon Labs and or FDTI website download and install current drivers, both websites speak to windows 10 issues and fixes.
In my case I have a USB to Uart Serial Connecter I use to program my MWOSD, after plugging it into my newly install windows 10 pc it bricked my programmer chip (FT232RL) and said it had no drivers. After using FT Prog from FTDI to reprogram the chip I then was able to use Windows Device Manager and manually install the drivers from the FTDI website. However still not able to talk to my Multiwii OSD GUI.
I confirmed the Uart programmer works as I have been able to use it with my Apple Computers in Arduino to load eeprom and MWOSD 1.5R, however still some issues with the GUI for Reading and Writing which I still haven't figured out.
P.S. I am also not able to program my boards using Arduino in Windows 10 as it gives error messages.

This might or might not help you, however if someone else can share their Windows 10 drivers and GUI issues maybe we can figure this out.

Mark001

Re: Ardunio error Multiwii drivers?

Post by Mark001 »

Thanks for the replies! Stupid mistake, I had the wrong board selected.