Naze 32 gyro calibration

oliverstrother

Naze 32 gyro calibration

Post by oliverstrother »

HI everyone, (1st time post, be gentle. Searched a a few forums couldn't find the answer)

Using a naze 32 as a stand alone gimbal for a project. Gimbal work just fine, and have been successful setting it up on both Baseflight & Clearflight. Did have an issue on the latest name firmware of Clearflight, for some reason wouldn't 'save' any changes to the servo rate. Downgraded the firmware a few levels and it was sorted. Anyway...

I'm running the gimbal on 4AA's and have a pitch and roll servo connected to a camera gimbal. My issue is that when I power up the gimbal the servo speed is incredibly slow, just creeping along. I can correct this by, maintaining power to the board, hooking up the USB and calibrating the gyro's. Disconnect the USB and everything works fine.

Any thoughts on why I have to calibrate the gimbal on every power on. Is there a way to power on/auto gyro calibrate? Is there a solution to this issue which will not require the use of radio gear? I'd like to avoid it if possible!

Thanks all!
Ols.

oliverstrother

Re: Naze 32 gyro calibration

Post by oliverstrother »

Sorted, made an observation that you've got to wait a few moments for the board to calibrate... problem solved! Thanks anyway!

WellCrafted

Re: Naze 32 gyro calibration

Post by WellCrafted »

Patience is a virtue...