Naze32 Afroflight rev5 motor 1 no output

zakabog

Naze32 Afroflight rev5 motor 1 no output

Post by zakabog »

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Naze32. When I plug in the battery and use a multimeter on the motor outputs I see that motor 1 is only putting out .024V but the rest are 1.32. Motor 1 is the only motor that isn't working, I can increase the motor output and see the voltage go up but the motor never spins up because there isn't enough power. Any ideas of where I can start looking, or point to a circuit diagram for this board so I can try and troubleshoot?

zakabog

Re: Naze32 Afroflight rev5 motor 1 no output

Post by zakabog »

I just gave up and connected motor 1 to output 5 and did a custom mix, I loaded quadx and then added the same parameters for motor 5 as motor 1 (you can't have a custom mix with motor 1 not setup.) I was originally trying to find the source for the naze32 firmware file to see if I could just modify that source and allow myself to swap motors at will but I didn't want to spend too much time looking through all of the source code on github.

timecop

Re: Naze32 Afroflight rev5 motor 1 no output

Post by timecop »

Custom mix is probably the easiest solution unless you plan to recompile the firmware.
The motor maps are in drv_pwm.c , under multiPPM or multiPWM arrays.
I don't know why there's no output unless you touched it with 5v (or higher) while it wasn't powered and blew it out.

I've actually done this before (not on RC board), but sending 12V into a I/O pin has definitely killed it.