help configuring flip32+

rich

help configuring flip32+

Post by rich »

I am trying to configure an X8R sbus and smart port on a Flip32+. I have tried both baseflight and clean flight and I can't seem to make it work. I played with the serial config so that it now saves, but I still do not have communication between the X8r and the Flip32+

I have tried every combination I can think of without success.
Question:
1 Do I enable PPM input? ( I have tried it both ways to no affect.)

2 I assume I enable sbus for serial rx, is that correct? (This was in cleanflight, but again no joy. In baseflight this does not appear to exist.)

3 Since the schematic show that Uart1 has the inverter I assume I set that to serial RX, is that right? (again cleanflight only)

The wiring diagrams I have seen show the sbus going to pin 1 on the pwm input pins, is that correct?

Where should the SmartPort connection be?

I am told the GPS goes on 3 and 4, is that correct?

Is FrSky compatible telemetry correct of Smartport or is that only for the older DJT stuff? (What should I pick and where should it be connected?)

*baseflight*

# version
Afro32 CLI version 2.3 Mar 27 2015 / 10:52:12

# feature
Enabled features: PPM VBAT SERIALRX MOTOR_STOP SOFTSERIAL FAILSAFE TELEMETRY FW_FAILSAFE_RTH

#set
serial_baudrate = 115200
softserial_baudrate = 9600
softserial_1_inverted = 0
softserial_2_inverted = 0
serialrx_type = 2
telemetry_provider = 0
telemetry_port = 0
telemetry_switch = 0

cshunt

Re: help configuring flip32+

Post by cshunt »

To use the sbus, frsky needs an inverted serial connection. You could get it to work with the telemetry pin (this pin is has a transistor to invert it on the flip and naze) but then you loose telemetry.