hobbyking multiwi pro 2.0 using serial/ spektrum sat rx

captainanthony

hobbyking multiwi pro 2.0 using serial/ spektrum sat rx

Post by captainanthony »

Ok I have been trying to find out if it is feasible to use either a spectrum type sat Rx(just the sat) OR an open lrs orange rx ( ppm using RX ch5 configured for serial out ) with the hobbyking type fc (MCW MEGAv1.0 ) multiwii pro 2.0

My problem is not the software but knowing where to make a connection(s) on the FC circuit board for reach of the above 2 options
I see from pictures that some of the later boards ( from whitespy) have ports on the board to connect a sat RX input . Descriptions on the arduno /multiwii do not seem pertinent to the board I am using>>>>> i.e. " For MEGA boards, attach sat grey wire to RX1, pin 19" pin 19 ????

Also where do I connect a buzzer to this board and rssi input ? so I can seeit on the GUI.......from what I have read I could guess the connections but if some one knows for sure I would prefer to use their experience

Arakon

Re: hobbyking multiwi pro 2.0 using serial/ spektrum sat rx

Post by Arakon »

Hook it up to any serial port and define the serial port number used in the config.h.
However, the satellites run on 3.3V.. you have to use a 3.3V voltage regulator on the power line, or grab 3.3V from the board somewhere. GND and signal hook up directly.

Actually, I just found this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2141820
Should answer your question.

captainanthony

Re: hobbyking multiwi pro 2.0 using serial/ spektrum sat rx

Post by captainanthony »

Arakon, Thanks for the info that really helps .......... I have now got the serial RX orange uhf open LRS working ! on A8 Input of the multiwii.. next I am about to try the setup with the orange SAT RX ( two projects going off at once )
still tying to figure out why the buzzer (beeper) won't cooperate . I have it connected to D8 ( between ground and signal ) also still trying to figure out how to get the rssi from serial RX in to the mutlti wii board so I can see it on the GUI .it's a guessing game trying to find the input to the FC