Using multiwii

adhikariminmultiwii

Using multiwii

Post by adhikariminmultiwii »

Can we send the control signal to multiwii from computer via USB-FTDI interface instead of using wireless receiver?

waltr

Re: Using multiwii

Post by waltr »

Yes, look up the MSP in the multiwii Wiki and also search the forums here as well as study the MW source code.

adhikariminmultiwii

Thank you waltr.

adhikariminmultiwii

Can we import the sensors information of MultiWii into the matlab using FTDI cable? , and Can we control the rotors connected to MultiWii using only FTDI cable for sending control signal directly from Matlab? Are there possibilities of doing so.

waltr

Post by waltr »

Yes, use the MSP commands.
I have done this with a dumb terminal program running one a PC through the USB cable to a MWC.

adhikariminmultiwii

Hi waltr, always thank you for the guide lines. As i go thru I find MSP_SET_MOTOR and MSP_SET_RAW_RC useful for me but I am not sure where should I write this code into so that I can use only FTDI cable for sending signals to control motor from computer, I find many tabs when I open the source code for multiwii from Arduino.

Always thanks

waltr

Post by waltr »

No change to the MW code.
Just send the MSP command string into the serial port through the FTDI USB to serial adapter.
I recommend taking the props off then experimenting with these commands until you understand how they work.