Naze32 Fried

Denver_80211

Naze32 Fried

Post by Denver_80211 »

Flew great for a few weeks.
Before final flight, I had adjusted the extents of the throws on the transmitter. I couldn't get a flip in Horizon mode so I changed the throws whereby they were maxing out at about about 2100 rather than 1800.
Got the bird in the air, gunned it a few times and had a very soft landing -I thought because I wasn't used to the 7 inch props vs 8 inch... just wasn't getting the lift.
However, I couldn't get the props to spin up again. When I got up to the bird I thought I smelled electrical burn.
Got it home, took the board off the frame to eliminate all other interference. USB will not see the board. Blue LED comes on but it's VERY faint.
VERY close inspection I think I see a 'bubble' on top of the primary CPU.

Oh well...
Question is: Could the throw change have done this somehow? Long shot but while I wait for a replacement board I'm trying to figure it out.
Alternatively: water from the grass (possible) or something to do with stuck props (they couldn't have spun up against the ground)

waltr

Re: Naze32 Fried

Post by waltr »

There has been reported issues with stick End Points beyond 1000 or 2000 but not a burned board.
Getting water on the board or in the ESCs is very bad. Typically is just keeps the FC from working and you get an LED error indicator and the board works after being cleaned and dried.
However, water in an ESC can burn out the ESC and the motor.

If the CPU has a bubble on it then it is Fried and you need to replace the board.